Engine upgrade-Help

remotorwerkz

Hi,

Can anyone advise me What upgrade engine can i put into a E36 320i?

Is it a messing job to change From M50b20 to M50b25 or M50b28?

If yes,How much will it cause and where can i get it done.

Need some advise with some BMW expert here.

Thank you.

Re: Engine upgrade-Help

mate, why dont you go straight to m50b30? e36m3 block without the individual throttle bodies?
the stock 2.5 lt puts on 192hp the 2.8 puts on 193hp stock. with some mods but, without forced induction the potential is limited.
the 3.0 block easily puts out 260hp stock without the individual throttle bodies.
at least 2 site sponsors are able to do superb jobs and have done it previously.

I suggest this topic be discussed off the forum.........

kenntona;578313 said:
I suggest this topic be discussed off the forum.........

Agreed! We hear no evil, see no evil & speak no evil here.:shhhh:

e46monster;578303 said:
mate, why dont you go straight to m50b30? e36m3 block without the individual throttle bodies?
the stock 2.5 lt puts on 192hp the 2.8 puts on 193hp stock. with some mods but, without forced induction the potential is limited.
the 3.0 block easily puts out 260hp stock without the individual throttle bodies.
at least 2 site sponsors are able to do superb jobs and have done it previously.

if you are referring to the 3.0 ltr m3 block it is the s50b30....euro version is 286bhp.

pengful;578337 said:
Agreed! We hear no evil, see no evil & speak no evil here.:shhhh:

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to do an "LTA-approved" engine swap, to a larger capacity engine? I know it's possible to do an engine swap to an identical engine (e.g. previous engine drink water and up lorry).

I would think also that such an engine upgrade would not be wise without similar upgrades to the gear box, differential and brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

marklee;578357 said:
if you are referring to the 3.0 ltr m3 block it is the s50b30....euro version is 286bhp.

yup but thats with individual throttle bodies la.

e46monster;578419 said:
yup but thats with individual throttle bodies la.

My bad..never knew the S50B30 US version was also referred to as M50B30.

pbear1973;578361 said:
Does anyone know if it is at all possible to do an "LTA-approved" engine swap, to a larger capacity engine? I know it's possible to do an engine swap to an identical engine (e.g. previous engine drink water and up lorry).

I would think also that such an engine upgrade would not be wise without similar upgrades to the gear box, differential and brakes.

As long as it is swapped to an engine above 5l, approval should be ok ........................

Yeah certain things are best not discussed online, such as

ENGINE MODS

Agreed let do this off line.

Maybe private msg me.

My car screw me up at malaysia so the workshop there was asking me to change the eng.

Let me know what your advise.Like price i will be looking at?And do i have to change gearbox if i put a M50b30.

I have done up my brakes to BBK.

Let me know more.

Private msg me guys.

Or email me to [email protected]

Thank you.

remotorwerkz;578608 said:
Agreed let do this off line.

Maybe private msg me.

My car screw me up at malaysia so the workshop there was asking me to change the eng.

Let me know what your advise.Like price i will be looking at?And do i have to change gearbox if i put a M50b30.

I have done up my brakes to BBK.

Let me know more.

Private msg me guys.

Or email me to k*****g*[email protected]

Thank you.

30 y.o. old K****n G*h - Best not to disclose your personal info here :)

Red_Bean_Bun;578583 said:
As long as it is swapped to an engine above 5l, approval should be ok ........................

Heh heh.. more taxes for the garment ah? Think I hit 2,000 RPM my transmission up lorry liao.. haha.

Thank you for the info.

Sorry for the trouble cause.

But i just need some help here.

Thank you if any guys here can give me some advise

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwindiscount