Enquires On Tyres

Re: Enquires On Tyres

Bro, care to share how's the ride on the Eagle F1 Assym? Noise level, comfort, performance in wet/dry? thanks

So far...i been driving for 1500KM

Noise Level : 3/5 (5 being the most noisy)
Comfort Level : 4/5 (5 being the most comfort)
Performance (dry) : 4/5 (5 being the best)
Performance (wet) : 5/5 (5 being the best)

this tyres really rocks during wet. no words can describe it.

Hi,

Anyone could advise which brand of tyres should I get?

1) Goodyear F1 Assym
2) Yokohama Advan Sports
3) Continental CSC3
4) Michelin PS3

Getting my ride on Wednesday and will be upgrading to 18" rims. Thanks

I think you should go for Conti CSC3..review on this is not too bad..I will change to this when my tire is due for replacement...;)

brandonng;599973 said:
Here My Humble New Shoes :) F1 Asymmetric)

-Back 255/35R18
-Front 225/40R18

Just In Time For Xmas . HeHe

Bro, how come ur rims can fit the logos? I asked but tyre shop say cannot fit my new rims. Hmmm...

Anyway, what brand of rims did you buy?
Care to share. Price of:
A. Rims
B. Tyres

It will help many bros when shopping for new shoes.:p

denteo;602823 said:
I think you should go for Conti CSC3..review on this is not too bad..I will change to this when my tire is due for replacement...;)

Thanks Denteo! I shall go for CSC3 then.

Think you should consider the following:

1) PS3 (if money is no object)
2) CSC 5P
3) BS S001
4) GY F1 Asym (cheapest among these 4 tyres)

I am on F1 Asym now (second set already) - can say it is quite a good balance between performance (dry, wet and cornering) and comfort (ride and noise), not to mention it is probably the most affordable high performance tyre around.

Planning to try CSC 5P or PS3 next, depending on $$$ as I am also considering upgrading to 19in rims same time as tyre change.

My 2 cents' worth...

BMW2011;602820 said:
Hi,

Anyone could advise which brand of tyres should I get?

1) Goodyear F1 Assym
2) Yokohama Advan Sports
3) Continental CSC3
4) Michelin PS3

Getting my ride on Wednesday and will be upgrading to 18" rims. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

My car is fitted with staggered tyres:

Front 225/40 R18
Back 255/35 R18

Do I need to do tyre rotation ? If so, how often do I do it ? How is rotation done? Rotate back-left with back-right and rotate front-left with front-right ?
Or can I "flip" individual tyres such that the outside becomes the inside ? I read that directional tyres cannot be "flip". Most tyres of this sizes are directional or non-directional ?

Lastly, does pumping nitrogen gas has much significant benifits over normal air ?

Sorry I am very new to these.
Any information is much appreciated

Thanks

E90koh;602858 said:
How come nobody mention PS2 lei?
michelin ps 2 is slowly phasing out ( they said slowly and not completely phased out)
some OEM still running ps 2 .

waterboy;602856 said:
My car is fitted with staggered tyres:

Front 225/40 R18
Back 255/35 R18

Do I need to do tyre rotation ? If so, how often do I do it ? How is rotation done? Rotate back-left with back-right and rotate front-left with front-right ?
Or can I "flip" individual tyres such that the outside becomes the inside ? I read that directional tyres cannot be "flip". Most tyres of this sizes are directional or non-directional ?

Lastly, does pumping nitrogen gas has much significant benifits over normal air ?

Sorry I am very new to these.
Any information is much appreciated

Thanks

For staggered setting, the only way to rotate tire is what you said only can swap left and right provided non-directional. But was told by tire shop not so effective, best is still rotate front to back. So for staggered setting I was advice to go for Alignment every 20k km.

As for pumping Nitrogen gas, my personal opinion is a waste of money for our street car.

The impetus behind a nitrogen fill is for stable air pressures in tires. Specialized Nitrogen from that tank is a drier state of air versus the ambient air that the gas station compressor draws. With no or less moisture, the air volume is more consistent and is not subject to evaporation etc. In countries with variable climate, this also helps reduce temperature-related variations/fluctuations. But for Singapore, you don't really need that. The only good thing is the tire pressure remain constant for a longer period of time for Nitrogen as compared to normal air.

Anyway, normal air contains 78% Nitrogen and 21% Oxygen ... whats the big diff for street car??

ME TOO share the same logic with VW
why buy high capacity engine which i do not use them on my daily street driving.
Am i right said is waste of money?
:dance:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8singles
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back