esso/citibank or shell/uob?

Re: esso/citibank or shell/uob?

min 18% ??? wow ... this one must apply

Last edited by a moderator:

highbury;600170 said:
For Esso, I've been using the Esso card with a normal Citibank Visa. Not sure how much is the discount but I remember the cashier told me that it will amount to the same as the DBS Esso platinum mastercard.

Not sure if this it true but I took her word for it.

Should I be applying for the DBS Esso platinum mastercard now? The discount seems quite high. Do I still get Smiles points. I think I still have about 5000 points on my current ESSO Smiles card.

Even when you pay for DBS Esso platinum mastercard, you'll still be eligible for points when you furnish your ESSO Smiles card during payment. :)

I'm their regular customer, whenever I stop at ESSO pump kiosk, the guy will know that I wanna pump 98 full tank. Not sure if he recognise me or my car. ;)

andy_sg;600213 said:
Even when you pay for DBS Esso platinum mastercard, you'll still be eligible for points when you furnish your ESSO Smiles card during payment. :)

I'm their regular customer, whenever I stop at ESSO pump kiosk, the guy will know that I wanna pump 98 full tank. Not sure if he recognise me or my car. ;)

Yes. And the cashier will keep harassing me to redeem my smile points for chicken essence, bird nests or GPS. LOL.

so does citibank give rebate like uni$?

hitmee;599813 said:
does anyone know the break down of the discount for these two combination?

esso with citibank visa

and

shell with UOB visa
audi eat petrol meh?

Esso now better than SPC.

iScoupe;600268 said:
audi eat petrol meh?
Yes, R8 spyder very jiat you. How about ur F599?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrK;600220 said:
Yes. And the cashier will keep harassing me to redeem my smile points for chicken essence, bird nests or GPS. LOL.

Accumulate 350 pts for $10 voucher and 700 pts for $30 petrol voucher.

I'm going to reach 700 pts soon :)

Nowadays when you make payment, they will ask if you wanna buy the NEW MOON abalone. haha~~

dleo;599840 said:
PetrolWatch Singapore News Blog Archive Weekly Discount Roundup (Dec 13 - Dec 19)

According to PetrolWatch website,

Esso

Citibank Visa/Mastercard
5% Station + 5% discount = 10% discount

Citibank Dividend Visa/Mastercard
5% Station + 5% Esso Discount (for Esso Mobil Privilege Card/Citibank Credit Credit Cards) + *5% rebate (for CITI Dividend Card) = 15%discount

Shell

UOB Cardholders, please take note of $4 fuel voucher you receive from UOB.
Voucher can be used for every $50 fuel pumped.
Valid till 31 January 2011

UOB One Platinum Visa or Signature Visa
5% Station + *5% rebate = 10% discount
Valid until further notice
*5% Rebate will be reflected in your next monthly billings

UOB Infinite
5% Station + *7% rebate = 12% discount
*7% Rebate will be reflected in your next monthly billings

UOB Visa/Mastercard
5% Station + *3% rebate = 8% discount
*3% Rebate will be reflected in your next monthly billings

woah.. this is good..i didnt know such website exists!

hitmee;600222 said:
so does citibank give rebate like uni$?
it depends on what citi card u holding. if Dividend card, no citi$ but got cash rebate that they mail to u every qtr upon accumulating $50. other citi cards, like the platinum, yes citi$. then again, to use this at Esso pumps, u get only 10% off petrol, while Dividend gives 14.5% (not 15% as it's 5% on the discounted amount)

pumped on sat, i checked, citibank plat with esso gives 15% discount. but no citi$

citi$, like uni$, are calculated based on amount spent and shown in your bank statement. if you have citi$ then you wont have the cash rebate. all citibank cards will enjoy 10% off at esso. while Dividend cardholders get another 5% cashback of the amount in their statements.

uob has another kind of rebate called smart$, which is also calculated based on amount spent but merchants will ask you if you wanted to redeem the points for a direct reduction of amount to be paid. likewise, smart$ is awarded, uni$ will not be.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back