Exhaust modification

Re: Exhaust modification

wow...looked really nice ;).. especially combined with the performance diffuser.

wt_know;630911 said:
ok ... here is the update of the modification by putting a fake tips on the right
quad is the way to go ... ac323 says one :lol:

Swee ~~~ Done @ FK? :)

thanks. your supersprint quad looks awesome too
318 NewBoy;630918 said:
wow...looked really nice ;).. especially combined with the performance diffuser.

yeah. jeff is very helpful
tomace;630985 said:
Swee ~~~ Done @ FK? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro wt_know, where to get the Duke Dynamic CF diffuser? Looks awesome.

i got mine from http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E90_E91_Performance_Carbon_Fiber_Rear_Diffuser_p/bmdi9003.htm
USD$415 shipped to singapore. the quad is meant for 320-325. only the lower centre and left+right small piece is CF. the rest is normal material (fibre glass?)

it's replica, the CF portion quality is so-so, no fight with OEM but to me ok la ... cheap and good
the fitment is also not perfect, 95% only but SWC workmanship is damn good ... grind here grind there ... cut here cut there ... tada .... fit like OEM :D

if i do it again i would rather go for OEM although more expensive but the quality is awesome and fitment is perfect but OEM has no quad !

duke dynamics performance diffuser is meant for 335 where the exhaust opening is more center.
it's awesome but huge modification on exhaust to look like 335.
http://www.dukedynamics.com/products/e92_diffuser/index.php

gr8golf88;631018 said:
Bro wt_know, where to get the Duke Dynamic CF diffuser? Looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;631021 said:
i got mine from BMW E90 3 Series M Tech Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser - Performance Style
USD$415 shipped to singapore. the quad is meant for 320-325. only the lower centre and left+right small piece is CF. the rest is normal material (fibre glass?)

it's replica ... the CF portion quality is so-so .... no fight with OEM one but to me ok la ... cheap and good
the fitment is also not perfect ... 95% only but ... SWC workmanship is damn good ... grind here grind there ... cut here cut there ... tada .... fit like OEM :D

if i do it again i would rather use OEM although more expensive but the quality is awesome but OEM has no quad !

duke dynamics (bimmian.com) performance diffuser is meant for 335 where the exhaust
opening is more center. it's awesome but huge modification on exhaust to look like 335.
Products for the BMW E92 | Duke Dynamics

Thanks bro...3M CF sticker is the least complicated one ya...

wt_know;630911 said:
ok ... here is the update of the modification by putting a fake tips on the right
quad is the way to go ... ac323 says one :lol:

you make me so wanna do it too after looking at your pic.................................UUUUU

Lolz
cheers

benji ben;626244 said:
yes there will be a slight loss of power in your low end. you have a powerbox right? just go back to boss and do a refresh of the powerbox. everything should be ok then.

Hi Ben,

wt-know can't use PBox on his 335i.

cheers

ok. trade with your ai-see-man :lol:

ac323;631035 said:
you make me so wanna do it too after looking at your pic.................................UUUUU

Lolz
cheers

wt_know;631038 said:
ok. trade with your ai-see-man :lol:

will see if can get a diffusser.....see how..........

cheers

Hi,

I have recently purchased a BMW 318IS coupe, E36, and the previous owner claimed that the exhausts were modified already into quad exhausts.

1) What is the requirements from LTA to pass inspection if the exhaust is modified as mine?

2) what should I do? I have gone to a few shops at Paya Ubi Industrial and they said the only way is to purchase or buy the original exhaust set in order to pass the inspection.

3) Is this true? Isn't there any other way around it?

4) What if I purchase a "Sebring Exhaust" system instead? Would it comply with LTA requirements to pass the inspection?

Gosh I am in a real fix now......:(

Anyone can help and advice would be great......all recommendations and advice accepted.

Cheers!

Jhabil;631562 said:
Hi,

I have recently purchased a BMW 318IS coupe, E36, and the previous owner claimed that the exhausts were modified already into quad exhausts.

1) What is the requirements from LTA to pass inspection if the exhaust is modified as mine?

2) what should I do? I have gone to a few shops at Paya Ubi Industrial and they said the only way is to purchase or buy the original exhaust set in order to pass the inspection.

4) What if I purchase a "Sebring Exhaust" system instead? Would it comply with LTA requirements to pass the inspection?

Gosh I am in a real fix now......:(

Anyone can help and advice would be great......all recommendations and advice accepted.

Cheers!

Hi..

understand yur concern & worries. The only way is to replace it with an approved exhaust systems. Mainly twin pipes, quads wise have to check brand / make. Can try asking e workshop which is available for your ride.. Happy modding ~~~ :)

Cheers!

Jhabil;631562 said:
Hi,
cheers!
Quad exhos? is ur car white?

1) LTA requirements? Stock/original
2) Either change to an original or buy an aftermarket and get it certified, or find someone with an original exhos who is willing to swap with you when u go inspection and swap back after.
3) 99% Yes
4) Yes if its LTA compliant and u get it certified. If ur keeping ur car, why not. cost bout the same as a brand new original exhos.

Mockngbrd;631848 said:
Quad exhos? is ur car white?

1) LTA requirements? Stock/original
2) Either change to an original or buy an aftermarket and get it certified, or find someone with an original exhos who is willing to swap with you when u go inspection and swap back after.
3) 99% Yes
4) Yes if its LTA compliant and u get it certified. If ur keeping ur car, why not. cost bout the same as a brand new original exhos.

quad exhos on a 318is? i only know of one i sg. :thinking:

like what mock has mentioned, if you are looking at going the legal way, you can just purchase a original exhos and install it just to go inspection. you can try go propel and hunt for 2nd hand ones.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banca-doithuongcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back