Exhaust system for E92 325i Coupe

Re: Exhaust system for E92 325i Coupe

Anyone has pics of the ACS chrome tip?

couple of notes :

a. if you want increased performance, changing the silencer is not enough - you need the works. but i'm not into such mods.

b. a few reasons people change silencer : looks, sound, reduced weight. whether the price is worth either one or all of these, mileage varies.

c. the AC Schnitzer tip is peanut shape, i'm not sure if one really wants to pay a few hundreds for a tip.

i experimented with the AC Schnitzer silencer on both E46 and E90 previously and while it sounded nice (especially when idling), i could not stand the drone on highways.

i'm still waiting for the BMW chrome tip, that will do for me.

$640 for a chrome tip?!! Think the PML one should be much less right?

Taijishifu;173178 said:
couple of notes :

a. if you want increased performance, changing the silencer is not enough - you need the works. but i'm not into such mods.

b. a few reasons people change silencer : looks, sound, reduced weight. whether the price is worth either one or all of these, mileage varies.

c. the AC Schnitzer tip is peanut shape, i'm not sure if one really wants to pay a few hundreds for a tip.

i experimented with the AC Schnitzer silencer on both E46 and E90 previously and while it sounded nice (especially when idling), i could not stand the drone on highways.

i'm still waiting for the BMW chrome tip, that will do for me.

I tot the BMW chrome tip is out already? Its not cheap - about $200.

kleong007;173466 said:
$640 for a chrome tip?!! Think the PML one should be much less right?

I got the chrome tips from Eng Soon, $60 each.

Taijishifu;173560 said:
is that an E92-specific SKU? or also can be used for E90 325i? tks!

I believe it can be used for the E90 325i too, looks generic. Chrome ones. I like satin ones on the Z4 coupe though, but don't know if it'll fit :confused:

The BMW chrome tip for E92/325 and E90/325 are different. Got mine today and imho, not worth paying for it. It is quite easy to install and I believe at the same time, easy to remove (ie, for someone to steal it)

x3mblack;173588 said:
The BMW chrome tip for E92/325 and E90/325 are different. Got mine today and imho, not worth paying for it. It is quite easy to install and I believe at the same time, easy to remove (ie, for someone to steal it)

Sorry, didn't know they're different. But I got the one Eng Soon said specifically for the E92..he repeated to make sure. Fits perfectly..and looks good. Where did you get yours from?

Mag;173590 said:
Sorry, didn't know they're different. But I got the one Eng Soon said specifically for the E92..he repeated to make sure. Fits perfectly..and looks good. Where did you get yours from?

I got from pml. Does it comes in 2 different lenght - the left side one being slightly shorter? How much does it stick out from your bumper? Mine stick out almost 1-inch which I tot was weird.

x3mblack;173628 said:
I got from pml. Does it comes in 2 different lenght - the left side one being slightly shorter? How much does it stick out from your bumper? Mine stick out almost 1-inch which I tot was weird.

Mine are both of the same length. but when fitted to the car, the one nearer to the outside looks shorter. Did you shove it in deep enough? :) It sticks out, but seems quite ok. Not abnormally stuck out or anything.

thanks for the info! :) checked again and the tip is different for each pipe, yes sir, two different part numbers! hope to get mine before the New Year and in the meantime, gotta live with the beauty-challenged pipes ... mei zhong bu zu ...

Mag,

you're right, I didn't shove or give it a kick or two to push it all the way in. Now it doesn't look so weird.

x3mblack;173660 said:
Mag,

you're right, I didn't shove or give it a kick or two to push it all the way in. Now it doesn't look so weird.

Good for you..doesn't look so 'empty' already..:cloud9:

Mag;173637 said:
Mine are both of the same length. but when fitted to the car, the one nearer to the outside looks shorter. Did you shove it in deep enough? :) It sticks out, but seems quite ok. Not abnormally stuck out or anything.

All twin exhausts are staggered tips, .......

shaaz;173749 said:
All twin exhausts are staggered tips, .......

Staggered as in the exhaust itself, or the tips?

Seriously, why hasn't anyone just thought of going to an exhaust shop, cutting off the original tips, and weld on whatever tips you like? Plenty of sizes, shapes, colours, materials...etc to choose from.

Cheap, un-stealable, looks good, high quality and completely reversible....

chickenbackside;173823 said:
Seriously, why hasn't anyone just thought of going to an exhaust shop, cutting off the original tips, and weld on whatever tips you like? Plenty of sizes, shapes, colours, materials...etc to choose from.

Cheap, un-stealable, looks good, high quality and completely reversible....

Probably due to the cost and the fact that many are waiting to change the exhaust system totally.

Mag;173819 said:
Staggered as in the exhaust itself, or the tips?
The tips, they're staggered..

Mag;173829 said:
Probably due to the cost and the fact that many are waiting to change the exhaust system totally.
what CBS meant is that, if any would have thought of buying tips frm PML, then why not go to exhaust shop.. get them to cut off the existing ones.. put which ever tips u want, cause for the sole fact... usually they're cheaper, like the stainless steel ones are cheap, can have them up to 70mm ..

And just another question, when u saymany are waiting to change the exhaust system totally meaning together with mid-cats, hearders?... or u just talking abt the muffler??.. cause that i don't think is changing the exhaust system totally .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back