Exhaust Tip for E90 320

wt_know

hi,

want to change the e90 320 stock exhaust tip (single oval shape) to a twin-pipe shape like the e90 323/325 stok exhaust tip. where can i get a exhaust tip ? i have no intention to install an aftermarket muffler or change the exhaust system.

the installation of exhaust tip involve cut and welding or just direct mounting of a new exhaust tip ? if cut & weld = LTA not friendly and subject to fine ?

any suggestion where to buy and install exhaust tip. man exhaust & fong kim ? estimated cost is < $50 ?

thanks !

Re: Exhaust Tip for E90 320

I replaced my 325 twin exhaust tips with after market ones. I still have them. PM me if you are interested.

you got PM !! :)

Slater;418646 said:
I replaced my 325 twin exhaust tips with after market ones. I still have them. PM me if you are interested.

PM you back liao

i also wanted something like that, but wouldnt a cut and weild be lta unfriendly?

i know. i wonder how pml did it. they also offer service for changing the single oval tip to twin round tip like the 325.
maybe they change the whole muffler :confused:

Yasanaki;418721 said:
i also wanted something like that, but wouldnt a cut and weild be lta unfriendly?

best is to bring down to Fong Kim or something and get their assesment.

bro who has changed your 320 single tip to twin tip, please PM me the workshop and tip that you got.
most importantly is it fits perfectly and no need to "cut" the bumper.
thanks!
35167.jpg

102450485.jpg

A friend of mine just did his last week. Went to MAN, chose his exhaust tips and welded it on to his stock box with the Y-joint. Simple job.

thanks for the reply. by the way, i presume the Y joint has no "negative" effect such as loss of low end or lao hong sound as the Y joint is still able let the air flow out smoothly provided the welding was done perfectly.

i'm sorry for the silly question

Azrielsc;419548 said:
A friend of mine just did his last week. Went to MAN, chose his exhaust tips and welded it on to his stock box with the Y-joint. Simple job.

wt_know;419553 said:
thanks for the reply. by the way, i presume the Y joint has no "negative" effect such as loss of low end or lao hong sound as the Y joint is still able let the air flow out smoothly provided the welding was done perfectly.

i'm sorry for the silly question

Nope, no negative effect. The Y-joint is such a small piece, it would have no detrimental effect.

got a twin tailpipe (super dynamics) from fong kim for $100 incl installation.
cheap and good
thanks !

I got the twin tailpipe from fong kim too, looks very sporty and its cheap. Fong kim told me its LTA compliant, any bros here passed the LTA test with the exhaust tip fitted?

Hmmm.... why do we need to worry if an exhaust tip is "LTA compliant"? For crying out loud, it is just an exhaust tip correct?

Why are we all so over the top over "LTA compliance"?

Hahaha! This got to be one of the best replies! :dance: :nutkick: :shakemyb:

pengful;443040 said:
Hmmm.... why do we need to worry if an exhaust tip is "LTA compliant"? For crying out loud, it is just an exhaust tip correct?

pengful;443040 said:

Good reply, I like that

Must cut-out and weld? or simply add it on? Thanks!

wt_know;422136 said:
got a twin tailpipe (super dynamics) from fong kim for $100 incl installation.
cheap and good
thanks !

for my 320 FK cut out the ugly square tip and weld the twin tip to the muffler. the fitment is 100%.
you can also check out Jeep Chee.

Ah Lian;443080 said:
Must cut-out and weld? or simply add it on? Thanks!

wt_know;443084 said:
for my 320 FK cut out the ugly square tip and weld the twin tip to the muffler. the fitment is 100%.
you can also check out Jeep Chee.
Is your twin tailpipe the staggered type or same length type?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
horror04
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back