Exhaust to recommend

Re: Exhaust to recommend

not sure whether the thread starter has managed to find his exos system but in my opinion is really asking questions without looking around and asking very generic questions. think some of the bros here really nice to have answered

used to have a sebring on e90 4pot...low end CMI! now 6potter slightly better but still slight loss in lowend. guess that's the trade-off for an exhaust mod on NA engines

kenntona;380485 said:
Get the Remus. Bassy.

In my opinion, Remus and Sebring are too overrated and exaggerated in terms of it being bassy or throaty or whatever sound many have described. I just installed Sebring quads on my E60 but the sound only slightly louder than stock. I think the exaggeration comes from the money already being spent and thus the mind subconsciously wills itself to believe that its very bassy or throaty or sound like Omar just swallowing Rod's seow.

If want loud or something really different, then forget Remus or Sebring...

MW;403626 said:
In my opinion, Remus and Sebring are too overrated and exaggerated in terms of it being bassy or throaty or whatever sound many have described. I just installed Sebring quads on my E60 but the sound only slightly louder than stock. I think the exaggeration comes from the money already being spent and thus the mind subconsciously wills itself to believe that its very bassy or throaty or sound like Omar just swallowing Rod's seow.

If want loud or something really different, then forget Remus or Sebring...

Lek,

NNBPCB. I drinking orange juice when i read that. I am really going to langar your tight ass.

elmariachi;403629 said:
Lek,

NNBPCB. I drinking orange juice when i read that. I am really going to langar your tight ass.

I am ready with a your hairy legs pic u turtle face

elmariachi;403635 said:
MW,
You need to go for English lessons. :lol2:I no understand the above.

Sorry, only have PSLE.

My English teacher say it should be "I am ready to show you your hairy legs picture when you overtake me so that you will crash into the railing"

hellboyII;379551 said:
hi kentonna,
the eisennman last time i wen bvo to do something bernard got show me a white z4 with it. heard the sound not my liking as its more metal sound and hollow and high rev the pitch damn sharp...i prefer bassy sound or something like the ferrari or maser exhust hahaha

but i think only v engine is able to produce that type of exhust sound right??

if it's Eisenmann Race then I dont hv comments to make but if you want a bassy sound, the Eisenmann Sport is very bassy but it drones a little at low rpm.
This sound is purely from rear muffler only, header and cats remain intact. I m speaking from my very own experience.

hi all. a newbie here. wads the best exhuast for E46 if i wan it to be bassy? as i see u all recommend argray? how much does it cost? or anyone selling it?

tatsit;432068 said:
are there performance exhaust that helps improving FC?

No.

Stock is best.

'The Great White'

Arqray Full Stainless Steel Exhaust for E85 Z4

001.jpg

Worth considering bcos it comes with the mid pipes!!

'The Great White'

tatsit;432068 said:
are there performance exhaust that helps improving FC?

Have! Eisenmann race, coz after install you won't dare to drive on the road. Best for FC.

There was a recent review on the E90post.com about the HKS Legal Exhaust for 335i I think, there's a video of it too! Should go check it out, sounds good!

Hi Bros,

As I am new to most of the mods, I'm not familiar with the result for changing into these aftermarket exhaust.

Besides the difference in sound (like most bros seems to prefer bassy), what else does the aftermarket exhaust improves?

Sound is the immediate difference you'll notice. Thats pretty much a no-brainer though at times aftermarket exhaust systems can be as subdued as stock ones. owner preference I guess.

Throttle pressure will be eased up and soon you'll find your car revving more freely. There may be a slight loss in backpressure due to the 'more' straight through design in aftermarket mufflers. This is worsened when you go for larger diameter pipes from cat back to the muffler, removing resonators, or even the cat, and upgrading the headers. Increased flow requires elimination of choke-points (i.e. cats, resonators and long redundant pipes that work like unethical cabbies taking you on joy rides) which in turn reduces backpressure which is correlated to engine torque (Centurion, correct me if I'm technically wrong).

This is usually not an issue on turbocharged or high capacity car models (or a combination of both). I have heard from some 320/318 owners that their low end torque suffered slightly after upgrading. Acceleration from standstill was a tad bit sluggish, but mid range made up for it.

So in summary, performance wise, you'll notice most of the improvements in the mid to upper range (high rpm which most of us don't get to use). The slight drop in low end is something "Velocity" can help to overcome.

hi, i'm a e90 320i driver currently looking at installing quad tail pipes. any bros out there who have similarly installed such a system on their 4 pot ride who can give me an idea of how much of low end torque i'm losing?

pardon my lack of knowledge but since we typically cruise in the low end, am i right to say that not only acceleration from standstill is affected by this loss in low end torque but also my cruise power?

Agree with ACS6. i once had aftermarket exos on my e90 320. stop and go plus acceleration on the move all affected by the reduction in torque. more pronounced on uphills. you definitely have to floor more and so much so it's less fun driving on singapore's street. I gave it up and revert to stock :(

now with the similar exos on a 2.5L there's less loss in torque and more acceptable drivability.

ACS6;439654 said:
Sound is the immediate difference you'll notice. Thats pretty much a no-brainer though at times aftermarket exhaust systems can be as subdued as stock ones. owner preference I guess.

Throttle pressure will be eased up and soon you'll find your car revving more freely. There may be a slight loss in backpressure due to the 'more' straight through design in aftermarket mufflers. This is worsened when you go for larger diameter pipes from cat back to the muffler, removing resonators, or even the cat, and upgrading the headers. Increased flow requires elimination of choke-points (i.e. cats, resonators and long redundant pipes that work like unethical cabbies taking you on joy rides) which in turn reduces backpressure which is correlated to engine torque (Centurion, correct me if I'm technically wrong).

This is usually not an issue on turbocharged or high capacity car models (or a combination of both). I have heard from some 320/318 owners that their low end torque suffered slightly after upgrading. Acceleration from standstill was a tad bit sluggish, but mid range made up for it.

So in summary, performance wise, you'll notice most of the improvements in the mid to upper range (high rpm which most of us don't get to use). The slight drop in low end is something "Velocity" can help to overcome.

Hi ACS6,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I really appreciated.

As I'm driving, mostly, in Singapore streets, I guess I'm better off sticking with the stock setup, at this moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohit305
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back