Experience with PML

BMW FOREVER

I recently purchased an Msport Steering for my F10 from Ebay UK and got it shipped. The steering is the older Msport one(New one is the round airbag steering), originally I had the sport steering so the airbag was the same and no coding required for the retrofit. I contacted PML about getting it fixed on my car, they said no problem as long as its a genuine steering with receipt to prove. I proceeded to PML and they took a look at the steering, the SA then asked for the receipt, since I bought on ebay there is no receipt other than the email from ebay that I purchased and the seller's description of it being genuine. To be honest, when you look at the steering and you touch it itself you can clearly know its a brand new genuine steering, unless they make fake ones of such high quality...
Anyways the SA was not satisfied, I asked him to take it to the parts department and do a check to make sure. Now honestly if you tell me that an authorized dealer cannot differentiate between a genuine and a fake then I dont know what to say. The SA then proceeded to tell me that he entered my car vin number in the system and it doesnt show any compatible M-sport steering for my F10. Like seriously? F10 has always had the M-sport steering option. Anyways so he said sorry we cannot do the job for you.
Went to MA the same evening and job done within 20 mins. (Although in their receipt they did state that the steering fitted was not purchased from them). Go figure...who is right and who is wrong.

Re: Experience with PML

Actually why did u bother to go PML? Any workshop can fix n everyone would none the wiser....

The labor cost that PML quoted is was almost half of what the outside workshops quoted, so I thought might as well go to an authorized dealer

For once, I am surprised! Wats ur car number? I wanna go buy 4D...

Shame the SA.......

BMW FOREVER;1096585 said:
The labor cost that PML quoted is was almost half of what the outside workshops quoted, so I thought might as well go to an authorized dealer
You mean outside workshop quote 200 and PML quoted 100?
I had my steering swap done at a workshop for only $50.

For once PML charged cheaper than outside workshop (VERY RARE) for installation of steering wheel.

It is not PML that charge low for labour. It is because workshop charging more for labour.

Most people don't know, but pml and ma are cheaper than some of the recommended workshops for changing engine oil.

Sorry, I am stingy.

Maybe he quoted you wrongly end up say cannot do or else he kena top up for you. Sales tactics

I honestly feel that most workshops in Singapore will quote whatever figure comes to their mind…changing steering wheel is a max 10 mins job. And I know this for a fact because sometimes a workshop will quote lets say $400 and then you call them after 2 weeks..they will quote $200 for the same service. Its happened to me quite a few times. They know that PML charges more so they feel they can get away with it also. I am not saying that workshops should charge very low…make profit yes but please don't charge anyhow after all its our hard earned money also.

PML will not install for u even if u can produce the receipt fm eBay for authentication, they r jus wasting yr time...

correct.
buy from ebay? even buy from local stockist pml will also not install
unless buy from pml parts and accessories dept + installation ...

Platform;1096646 said:
PML will not install for u even if u can produce the receipt fm eBay for authentication, they r jus wasting yr time...

Hmmm surprised to hear that PML would charge so little. But also good to know now that installation is so affordable. Time to browse eBay! Hehehe

most of the time, the generally have higher cost, hence it'll be passed on to customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportsis
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back