expierences with short shifters

LanNix

have any of you did short shifts on your manuals? i am placing order for one, just wana know what it feels like drivin a short shift.

heard from my se that it is a very different from the stock shift, like you have to clutch in faster.. any advice?

Re: expierences with short shifters

Bro,

you will feel good. i did mine on e30. What brand did u order?

LanNix said:
have any of you did short shifts on your manuals? i am placing order for one, just wana know what it feels like drivin a short shift.

heard from my se that it is a very different from the stock shift, like you have to clutch in faster.. any advice?
u will feel si bay song ! tried one with a E46 , WRX 6 gears.. btw how much? i interested too. UUC abt $900+..

UUC one feels quite notchy tho it's short.

actually, my se helped me source for it.. he approach his machnic friend, alvin, to bring it in 4 me. i did other mods with alvin, so in that sence i trust him.. i will let you guys know what brand n cost once alvin gets back 2 me

hum, if short shifts are really so shiok then i think i made the right choice.. i do have a bad habit though. my lazy self tend to not fully shifting into gear causing some nasty griding :( , hope the short shift would improve in my lazy miss-shifts.. :)

Well then i hope its smooth.. cause if it's goanna be notchy.. i dun think it'll just slip into gear.. it'll require a good amt of strength and .. shortshifters u have to be more spot on, the tendency to miss shift will be higher.. gd luck dude.. do let us noe of the brand.

yup strength will be slightly higher.. maybe u can go with a super heavy gear knob to match well.. haha by then hopefully u can release ur clutch pedal fast too..

iScoupe said:
yup strength will be slightly higher.. maybe u can go with a super heavy gear knob to match well.. haha by then hopefully u can release ur clutch pedal fast too..

yea.. usually u go with a weighted knob, but still very notchy, well at least the one i tried, i almost money shifted.. no joke.. maybe it's something to get used to then it'll be better...

heavy knobs, ok.. learnt something new. thanks for suggestion, guess it takes more than 1 mod to get the best shifts.. i'm looking @ some knobs. i like those long knobs (easy to reach, haha.. guess my driving style is pretty laib back), the stock knob also quite heavy.. what do you consider heavy then?

hmmm.. anything that's weighted i guess.. personal prefrence u noe, i mean .. some might like it with super heavy knobs and some just like it with it being slightly weighted, like u said driving style.. so .. up to u dude.. just as long ur happy right??.. :D

where can u get shift knobs? addresses? urls? wana get rid of my boring stock knob..

I think you can try Miki Marketing, it's listed on the workshop page.

anybody know where to get the hartge knob for manual e90?

ohh, didnt know about that section.. visited the miki site. lots of nice knobs, after i installed my knob i'll post it.. =)

http://www.mikimarketing.com/

i'm goin down 2 miki later, lookin @ the sparco knob..

1145428078_1.jpg

cant wait!

i got a question about the sparco knobs.
how do you fit it to the shifter?

is it just shove it on or is it screw on or is it the type with the small screw at the side?

i dunno lea, but should b screw on ba.. if nt i would have to look 4 something else. my knob is e screw on kind..

well please update us when you get back from miki! haha

btw that knob looks cool. looks like the SMG knob.

grrr, missed it.. was late n they closed

traffic conditions, fear not! i have emailed them n will b droppin by tmr.. :)

my new knob!

060806-0001.jpg

060806-0003.jpg

060806-0004.jpg

its a rather long knob, feels gd when shift.. solid metal feel (the heaviest long knob they have). mounting is rather stable, its the kind with the screws @ the side.. it comes with many different "brackets" so it can fit quite a number of rods.

@ 120 per piece, the sales person said that this is sparco's new knob..

next will b the short shift itself.. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88how

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back