Extended warranty and service package with MA

Re: Extended warranty and service package with MA

michelin_sg;961289 said:
Hi guys, i am a newbie in this forum and i can't post thread. I need advise on RIMS as i intend to change my 520i 17" stock rims to a 19". any place to suggest to go to that is reasonably price? any effect on the car if change to 19" Rims? I apologise to interrupt.

u damn heng u cannot post a new thread asking a question asked 1000 times, or else sure kenna hoot.

Budget 2013 good for u?

Be nice la... at least not asking abt fc?

Meek;961481 said:
Be nice la... at least not asking abt fc?

or will it void warranty if i up-size the rims.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

How's ur FC?

Hi folks,

Back to the extended warranty issue. Is this sold at MA only? How much and for how long? seriously thinking about it now. PML will honoured this?

didn't know extended warranty for year 4 and 5 is available...
how much? if 8k.. forget it... 3-4k... can seriously consider...

abnertan;962019 said:
Hi folks,

Back to the extended warranty issue. Is this sold at MA only? How much and for how long? seriously thinking about it now. PML will honoured this?

PML also have extended warranty for year 4 n 5 but was told by one of the staff that have to purchase before 1st year warranty is up (dunno true or not). Think cost about 5k if i am not wrong.

I was tempted to buy too but after reading some of the reviews on PML........I am still reconsidering.

Red_Bean_Bun;961216 said:
Wear and tear items not covered so cannot claim warranty - bushings, mounts, control arms etc. So why get a warranty now ?

I am quite surprise that some wear & tear parts are claim able. I just claimed front lower & upper mounting bushing.

Ct13;962211 said:
I am quite surprise that some wear & tear parts are claim able. I just claimed front lower & upper mounting bushing.

Wow the labour service and 8 wishbones almost 3 over thousands from PML...

How about engine and transmissions mounts ? That can claim ?

Ct13;962211 said:

Extended warranty only valid up to 5 years or 100,000km whichever comes first and you need to register by latest the 30th month from date of car registration. Also only valid for pml or MA bought cars

Shev;962528 said:
Extended warranty only valid up to 5 years or 100,000km whichever comes first and you need to register by latest the 30th month from date of car registration. Also only valid for pml or MA bought cars

I tot all MA car got 5yrs/100k km service inclusive package for maintenance and repair?

unfit;962557 said:
I tot all MA car got 5yrs/100k km service inclusive package for maintenance and repair?

My unit is from PML and info from extended warranty brochure by PML.

Red_Bean_Bun;962606 said:
Never believed in extended warranties. It's a scam.

I am still not convinced...
My sales person said that workshop will try not to entertain the claim... if possible.

If your gearbox conks or engine blows up then it may be useful. I am wondering how many do. Would it be cheaper to get a 3rd party workshop to repair? Technical skills wise some are not bad, some could be real crooks tho.

Red_Bean_Bun;962244 said:
How about engine and transmissions mounts ? That can claim ?

I did not ask, intent to do a pre-warranty check soon. Will ask whether claim able.

Shev;962528 said:

You bought 2nd hand from PML or bought the extended warranty from PML?
If you bought the car from PML pre selected used car section, the extended warranty is either 4 years or 200,000km mileage which ever come first.

Ct13;962669 said:
You bought 2nd hand from PML or bought the extended warranty from PML?
If you bought the car from PML pre selected used car section, the extended warranty is either 4 years or 200,000km mileage which ever come first.

Neither. I bought brand new and did not buy any extended warranty.

Meek;962617 said:
My sales person said that workshop will try not to entertain the claim... if possible.

If your gearbox conks or engine blows up then it may be useful. I am wondering how many do. Would it be cheaper to get a 3rd party workshop to repair? Technical skills wise some are not bad, some could be real crooks tho.

Like DV said, praying is free. You never know if extended warranty will outweigh maintenance cost from 4th to 5th year...

Me too dun really trust pml will honor warranty claims just like that and someone buy extended warranty Liao cannot do many mods otherwise void warranty.

Last but not least, if buy extended warranty now and later garmen chut stunt again, then I become kam gong gia once again...

Agreed. To me buying extended warranty is like saying GB confirm will fail.

If GB confirm going to fail then might as well just get it settled when it fails. What for settle now? Fork out 8k now just in case it fails 2-3 years later sound odd to me. What if PML change management and things change? Its money out of your pocket.

If you don't think the GB is going to fail then why even bother.

Meek;962617 said:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportsink
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back