F1 2006 is here !!

piggyboyz

Core Group Members
Yes, it's finally here again, starting this weekend... woohoo !

For those who wants to have the whole calender, check out here.. http://www.formula1.com/race/

Lets hope BMW can make it this year, else I will buy Renault liao hehe....

Some of the changes to the qualifying.... sounds good to me, more exciting for the viewers...

A number of changes to both the Sporting and Technical Regulations have been made by the FIA for the 2006 Formula One season.

Qualifying
For 2006, the single-lap system used in recent years is replaced be a new three-part, knockout format, with multiple cars on track throughout the qualifying hour, which is split into two 15-minute sessions and a final 20-minute session, with five-minute breaks in between.

Part one: All 22 cars may run laps at any time during the first 15 minutes of the hour. At the end of the first 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill the final six grid places.

Part two: After a five-minute break, the times will be reset and the 16 remaining cars then will then run in a second 15-minute session - again they may complete as many laps as they want at any time during that period. At the end of the 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill places 11 to 16 on the grid.

Part three: After another five-minute break, the times are reset and the final 20-minute session will feature a shootout between the remaining 10 cars to decide pole position and the starting order for the top 10 grid places. Again, these cars may run as many laps as they wish.

In the first two 15-minute sessions, cars may run any fuel load and drivers knocked out after those sessions may refuel ahead of the race. However, the top-ten drivers must begin the final 20-minute session with the fuel load on which they plan to start the race. They will be weighed before they leave the pits, and whatever fuel they use in the 20 minutes may be replaced at the end of the session.

If a driver is deemed to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during the qualifying session, then his times will be cancelled.

Read up more about all the changes here... http://www.formula1.com/insight/rulesandregs/13/995.html

:)

Re: F1 2006 is here !!

I should hv bought the two day tickets to see all these qualifying ...........haiz...
Thanks info Piggy.

Yessss, finally F1 is back, the F1 off season is really a torture, at least not there's a bit more to look forward to at the weekends.

I think we can't expect too much from BMW, this being their first season as a full fledge team.

Williams is surprisingly looking quite good during pre-season testing, but this season looks to be closer than even last season. Top contenders will have to be Renault, Mclaren, Ferrari and Honda. All have been quick in testing.

Qualifying will be interesting...oh and we're changing tyres mid race again, good for Bridgestone I guess.

Are the F1 races shown on tv? Cable?
It'll be nice to be able to get a dvd containing the entire season.
May be I'll even pay for it!

- slowman

Can't wait! Any idea on timings for Bahrain this weekend?

slowman said:
Are the F1 races shown on tv? Cable?
It'll be nice to be able to get a dvd containing the entire season.
May be I'll even pay for it!

- slowman

you're kidding right? pay for a dvd?

as much as i like F1, the best bits are the start and the pit stops... i often doze off in between...

louis said:
you're kidding right? pay for a dvd?

as much as i like F1, the best bits are the start and the pit stops... i often doze off in between...

That's why he wants DVD what.. can fast forward, hahaha..

Scuderia said:
Can't wait! Any idea on timings for Bahrain this weekend?

7.30pm our time :) ..............

So, it is not on tv? :(

Yeah, I'll pay $10 for the DVD. Why not? It is much cheaper.
You get to rewind and rewatch all the crashes :)
And for the trackies, there is much to be learned from examining the pros.

TripleM said:
I should hv bought the two day tickets to see all these qualifying ...........haiz...
Thanks info Piggy.

Bro, personally, it's a waste of time to watch it there leh.....

Last few years we r always there and it's always the case that at the end of the race, we will not know wat the result was... Also, getting out of the Sepang carpark is amazing ! 2 hours after the race and u prob move around 10metre from where your car originally parked... The only good and nice thing is prob the Marlboro gals in their flashing red mini skirt outside the track selling cigarette hahahahah !!!!!!

It's always better to be watching from home, with the air-con on, left hand beer and right hand crackers hahaha !

piggyboyz said:
It's always better to be watching from home, with the air-con on, left hand beer and right hand crackers hahaha !

Thanks for the invite Piggy. Pls let us know when we shd drop by for happy hr at your place! :yummie:

It is shown on TV lah. Channel 24 StarSports. You need to get yourself Starhub CableVision dude.

i think malaysian TV8 also shows delayed telecast while TV3 shows live....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
web789betvinfo
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back