F1 Singapore 2012!!

kevinbmw

Just wanna find out any bros or sis here going to F1 this year? Maybe can consolidate names and go together and this could also be a meetup! We can cheer our teams together and buy some F1 merchandise together too...wonder got group buy there..lol

List your names down if you gg... :)

Friday
1)
2)
3)

Saturday
1)
2)
3)

Sunday
1)
2)
3)

Re: F1 Singapore 2012!!

agree also la...actually tv more comfortable..
this year i go cos my other half wants to see jay chou at the opening night... =\

kevinbmw;891590 said:
No one going ah?? V sad le.. :(

Well for sure a lot of us are going... it's Singapore's biggest motorsports event after all... but meeting up in a sea of people is something else. Just enjoy the race and concerts la.

What we've have done in the past is catch up on the Wednesday/Thursday and walk the circuit... some of us have visited the Carrera Cup garages etc and met a few drivers. When the Safety and Medical Cars were ready to lay down some rubber, they'd announce by PA that they're closing the circuit and chase everyone out. Quite fun :)

But that's all in the past - the last couple of years they ran the event like it's some high-level political summit so there are more barriers than open doors. At most a few shutterbugs will hang around to take photos of the AMG cars. By Friday the event gets underway and it's all people-mountain-people-sea.

Oilman;891755 said:
But that's all in the past - the last couple of years they ran the event like it's some high-level political summit so there are more barriers than open doors. At most a few shutterbugs will hang around to take photos of the AMG cars. By Friday the event gets underway and it's all people-mountain-people-sea.

ya lo..boring.... this year i'm not going... will watch at home

I tried hosting TV party one year... can hear the cars 'live' but no atmosphere. Painful to watch :lol:

What happened to our old track walk with Hamilton thread ah? Can't find it.

I for one, hope this fuel-guzzling, pointless, rule-changing, travelling circus of a monstrosity they call the "Eff One" will Eff Off once the contract is over. I hate the traffic jams, the road closures & the general inconvenience. Really see no point in it at all, when we can't even have our own permanent Changi race track built properly - and what's the outcome of the so called investigation into THAT fiasco again?

last night after buffet, ken and I Eff-1 away as fast as we could before SLK started his "lets go Galaxy now" routine.

wobbles;891817 said:
I for one, hope this fuel-guzzling, pointless, rule-changing, travelling circus of a monstrosity they call the "Eff One" will Eff Off once the contract is over. I hate the traffic jams, the road closures & the general inconvenience. Really see no point in it at all, when we can't even have our own permanent Changi race track built properly - and what's the outcome of the so called investigation into THAT fiasco again?
Actually, i like it a lot. I could ride past all the drivers that stuck on Nicole Highway in my bicycle & wave at them. In addition, car LL has to follow me at my speed when i ride through Raffles Boulevard.

Kevinbmw, if i can to watch it live, i could do it in my office:)

davidtch;891865 said:
Actually, i like it a lot. I could ride past all the drivers that stuck on Nicole Highway in my bicycle & wave at them. In addition, car LL has to follow me at my speed when i ride through Raffles Boulevard.

Kevinbmw, if i can to watch it live, i could do it in my office:)

Where's your office at?

i am scheming how to get my boss to approve my "application to work in the office" on those days... ehehe.

kevinbmw;891715 said:
agree also la...actually tv more comfortable..
this year i go cos my other half wants to see jay chou at the opening night... =\

Yeah going also on Friday cos of my other half. Not expecting much from the first day practice race, better off catching the finals on tv

Try to "score" some invitations to F1 parties etc. I managed to get an invite to the Audi F1 party for Friday practise session at Fullerton club / sky suites. Can see the left hander before the cars WOT down Esplanade Bridge.

This year not as hype up as before.. many banks are not having events there :(

last yr liao... sianz alr...

Two more years if they don't extend.

They will surely renew la. By delaying and acting cool, they're just trying to do a "Bernie" on Bernie Ecclestone :lol:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back