f10 520i got water dripping/sloshing sound, how?

Slow_poke_driver

In the morning, I heard water dripping/sloshing from dashboard when at the traffic light. Engine oil was still cold. It only happens when the car is stationary or at very slow speed like 20-30km/hr.

After driving on the highway for a while, the noise is gone liao....

BUT just now when coming home, the water sloshing/dripping sound come back again when I exited highway with a fully warmed up engine. This time round it doesn't seem to be from the dashboard.

Car has 1400km only. First time hear this water dripping sound...

Air in radiator? Possible?

Re: f10 520i got water dripping/sloshing sound, how?

What you have described seems to be the Aircon water that are supposed to be drained out got stucked or partially blocked. Bring it back since its under warranty.

Mine is got a sound that seems like something openin n close when aircon is on

Viper Warrior;841822 said:
What you have described seems to be the Aircon water that are supposed to be drained out got stucked or partially blocked. Bring it back since its under warranty.

I agree.

My cousin's car also has this sound after a collision. The mechanic says it's water in the pipes and after draining out the sound never surfaced again.

:)

Aircon water unable be drained . My previous e60 faced the same problem

Sorry for digging out this thread but anyone has any remedy.

Workshop says the drain off pipe is not clogged and they do not have any clue.

Mine solved by itself.

I think mine was caused by air bubbles in coolant line.

After I started using my car for longer journeys often (that meant the engine oil and coolant could hit the right temperature, and maybe the aircon got cold enough that the hot coolant was circulating into the footwell ventilation system to balance the climate control), the droplet sound stopped totally. Haven't had any droplet sound for the past 16000km...

Thanks for the reply bro. I do noticed that when I drive at faster speed, eg >40kmh, the sound disappear. But when I slow down, the sound comes right back

Slow_poke_driver;1056900 said:
Mine solved by itself.

I think mine was caused by air bubbles in coolant line.

After I started using my car for longer journeys often (that meant the engine oil and coolant could hit the right temperature, and maybe the aircon got cold enough that the hot coolant was circulating into the footwell ventilation system to balance the climate control), the droplet sound stopped totally. Haven't had any droplet sound for the past 16000km...

I have this problem too. Right after my 50,000km servicing. Sent back to PML 2 weeks ago and the sound is gone...

1400km only? Congratulations on your new car! Shouldn't it be under warranty?

cashbox;1057160 said:
I have this problem too. Right after my 50,000km servicing. Sent back to PML 2 weeks ago and the sound is gone...

Any idea whats the remedy?

juanism;1057205 said:
Any idea whats the remedy?

The service advisor told me they jacked up the car and mentioned that there water or condensation on the tray below the air con thingie. They also told me to try keep the air con temperature below 22 degree if possible. But then again, I have been driving my car for close to 2 years maintaining the air con temperature at 23 degree and also do not encounter this problem. Nevertheless, I have been maintaining at 22 degree and so far so good.....

cashbox;1057507 said:
The service advisor told me they jacked up the car and mentioned that there water or condensation on the tray below the air con thingie. They also told me to try keep the air con temperature below 22 degree if possible. But then again, I have been driving my car for close to 2 years maintaining the air con temperature at 23 degree and also do not encounter this problem. Nevertheless, I have been maintaining at 22 degree and so far so good.....

So what they did? Thanks bro I will try and set it to 22 deg

seanskye;1057531 said:
Crap. Mine is always at 27

Haha... I also know it is crap... The temperature is there for a reason. If not, the factory will limit it at a certain temperature. However, i do not know what they have done to it. It is just a 15 mins to 20 mins job. Maybe u try visiting Alexander workshop and look for Aman, he is the service advisor that attended to me. Hope it helps..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arcade80

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back