F10 520i Vibrate when stationery

cymax

Hi,

I just recently got a pre-owned F10 520i

Realised that when the car is stationery, I'll feel the car vibrate on and off. When I put to park or neutral and subsequently rev the car lightly, I'll feel the car shaking. Just want to Check if this is normal.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PML just changed the engine mount leh. They realised that the engine mount sink down a bit. Think I'll go back to them and get it checked again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, better ask them to solve it since they believe it is caused by the engine mount.

Good luck.

For mine a little different, it just started few days ago every morning it vibrates when I engaged to Drive mode and whenever stopped at traffic light, in the afternoon after warmed up it is ok.

I have the same vibration problem @ every stoppages for the initial 10-15 minutes, the vibration reduced when I shift to parking or neutral. Once the oil temp hit the "normal" range, the vibration is gone. This problem started after 50k mark.

same issue here ... dreadful morning cold start up vibration and need to wait at least 20 to 30 minutes before engine reached to warm or center point level .. engine mount issue ?

same issue here ... dreadful morning cold start up vibration and need to wait at least 20 to 30 minutes before engine reached to warm or center point level .. engine mount issue ?

Oh exactly same as my problem, after mounting change all solved.

Will check with the service advisor when I send the car for servicing. Anyway, mine is 528 and has the same problem after 50k. Surprise that the mounting lasted only that long....

Surprised with the short live of these mountings. I remember I only replaced the mountings for my previous ride (E60) at around 100k..

my E60 is still running strong close to 120k now and no sign of such at all. How much would that cost to change engine mount on F10?

Typically vibration is due to worn-out engine mounts. Morning cold starts will vibrate like crazy, and drastically better after engine warmed up and soften the rubber. The car will also feel sluggish, especially when you accelerant from stationary. Changed my F10 mounts at less than $400, and immediately all symptoms gone and the car goes back to its original smoothness and power. The workshop said the mounts are BMW originals and no OEM mounts are available. Not so sure about that though.

could it be ignition coil going to up-lorry?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Replaced the engine mountings for my ride yesterday at PML, everything went back to normal; vibration gone and the acceleration much smoother during the first 10 minutes.

Replaced the engine mountings for my ride yesterday at PML, everything went back to normal; vibration gone and the acceleration much smoother during the first 10 minutes.
I aahve the same issue on my 528 , may i know how much does PML charge on the engine mount replacement?

I realised that the slight vibration is normal during stationary cos mine is an N20. You'll feel the vibration even more when u rev the engine when the car is stationary. The SA brought me to other N20 F10s in the workshop to test. Yes. Indeed. It's like that one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceadvisory

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back