F10 Battery replacement

Gsport

Hi,
I am driving a F10 528i. Car is almost 5 years old and battery so far has not given problem for the past 5 years.
But I was told by my service centre( not PML) that the battery is getting weak and should be replaced. They do not have the right battery so could not replace. I called AA and they told me that I need to bring in to PML to replace else will have engine fault if use theirs. PML will charge $800 plus for battery replacement so I would rather change elsewhere. Anybody has any recommendations?

For reference, I paid 450.

Hi,
I've got an F10 too and it's been prompting Low battery messages recently.
Think I'd better look at replacing mine too.
Please share where you replaced yours. Thanks Bro [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I have read in some foreign Bimmer forums, new batteries are required to be "registered". So that could be the reason for the exorbitant prices charged by PML.

Please do share if you have more information or if I am mistaken!

Hello Bro - anyone has changed their battery? Need to change my battery urgently and I am now looking for a reliable and reasonable wksp. Appreciate some good recommendation. Thanks

Battery to be changed every 3 years ? Is that a norm ?? Also as recommended, to use AGM battery ??

But why AGM battery ??

i got mine just change at bm workshop, Ian was the owner and recommended me to get the original . I paid 550.

Hi All, My battery left 43% and workshop recommends me to change.. Is it norm to change at 43% ?
Also my car left 2 years plus, and i dont want to change for 500 plus dollars original.. Any cheaper alternative like $200 plus to just fulfil the end cycle of my car life ? Driving 520i.. Thanks advance..

your bmw is running on a agm battery and requires that to run properly esp if you're utilizing the start stop function. if you're not then it can last quite a long time. a workshop is definitely going to ask you to change battery as they wanna sell you said battery. if you wanna be cheap keep the number of a battery replacement service guy on your handphone drive it as is. worse come to worse you walk to your car and it wont start up replace the battery then. my battery is almost 6 years old orignal never changed before all mechanics say well past the time to change

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678dev
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back