F10 Charge Battery

Liverpudlian

Yo,

Anyone had this msg on idrive before?

The incar lights are not on automatically now and it ask me to charge battery.

Dun think its time to change battery yet as only 3 years.

Cheers!

Re: F10 Charge Battery

Should be about time... Maybe your battery usage high? Charging devices, etc?

Should be the new hp charger I bought in the car. I still commented this one better. Charge faster than those cheapo one. Nabey drain so fast.

Tks guys!

I also got this warning Charge battery after I park my car.. How to test if battery is dying soon ?

I did not get the message on iDrive but SA at PM told me that batt charging is only 70+%. Asked if want to change at S$700+. I got it replaced from workshop at S$235+GST. Problem solved.

My f10 new battery only lasts 1 to 2 years.. No longer like last time whereby battery
last 3 to 5 years.. Maybe due to electronics etc.. Better change soon..

Liverpudlian;1108256 said:
Yo,

Anyone had this msg on idrive before?

The incar lights are not on automatically now and it ask me to charge battery.

Dun think its time to change battery yet as only 3 years.

Cheers!

Just sharing ...My error msg was "increased battery discharge when stationary; electrical consumers were temporarily switched off"
pML solution is replace the negative battery cable. Problem solved.

pulsar88;1109227 said:
Just sharing ...My error msg was "increased battery discharge when stationary; electrical consumers were temporarily switched off"
pML solution is replace the negative battery cable. Problem solved.
yes poor earth or grounding could cause battery poor charging if your car is very old
strange thing is if the BMW is only around 3 years old should not have such issue
But still glad to heard that PML had solve the problem.

I do not think you got the same type battery as what PML quoting you.
still is OK to replace with compatible type so long the battery capacity is around the same or higher.

Hi

PML change car battery sure super ex. Any workshop to recommend to change the car battery for my F10 520i? And heard after changing the battery workshop got to program the new battery so that error message won't appear and battery will not be drain off. Else if not program to communicate with car electronics system the new battery after install will drain off very fast.

Thanks!

rt333;1110644 said:
Hi

PML change car battery sure super ex. Any workshop to recommend to change the car battery for my F10 520i? And heard after changing the battery workshop got to program the new battery so that error message won't appear and battery will not be drain off. Else if not program to communicate with car electronics system the new battery after install will drain off very fast.

Thanks!

Give CodeWerx a call

Have this warning for a few weeks.

"increased battery discharge when stationary; electricalconsumers were temporarily switched off"

And sometimes hard to crank. Need to start twice.

Saw Pulsar88 stated just need to change negative battery cable. Is this the solution or has anyone else faced same issue but had to do something else to rectify this?

Appreciate some advice from someone having this issue as well previously before I call PML or codewerx to get it solved.

Just wanna share this ,

I got my battery changed at one of the site sponsor..
after 2 weeks, having all sorts of issues
..cost about 3XX.

No choice have to approach Tony (Codewerx) for help.
He helped me to diagnose it, Checking every errors except battery, cos i told him that I just changed it for 2 weeks. After 1.5 hrs, finally found out that the battery i changed was not a AGM battery and is giving problems as its not suitable for F10!! for E60 is fine.

Ended up, changed to original AGM battery (BMW).
Every Issues Solved..

Just be careful when you are going to change battery.
especially for F10, gonna be AGM battery..

SO... the moral of the story...
be careful ... read more ...
know what your car needs, dun presume that all WS knows what they are doing.

Last edited:
My F10 is going to be 5 years soon and is still on its original battery. I have not yet got the battery discharge message, except when I'm cleaning the car which usually takes me from 3-5 hrs( I clean once in few months) I do not have any car cam installed.

When cleaning I usually place the car key in the boot or the rear seat. Any idea how to avoid his message in the future while cleaning?

I hardwired my Garmin GPS and also iRoad in car camera...

And now I get this message --> Increased battery discharge when stationary; electrical consumers were temporarily switched off

Even after I manually off the Garmin GPS I also get this message. Is this due to the iRoad zapping power? I assume it is.. but in my previous Lexus it was fine.

My only worry is later battery flat cannot start. Is that a valid concern?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79snet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back