F10 Charge Battery

Even if the Garmin is off, it's still receiving charge. But that may be negligible. The higher discharge could be from the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bro... u are right.

Cos I manually turn off the Garmin but yet I still get the warning message.

Thus it must be coming from the iRoadV7

5fd8802b48fb56b3741a6a44bd663151.jpg

Yes and no. Only those non essential items will be shut by the electronics module. If the battery drain is direct from battery connection, then it does not prevent the continuous drain. And batteries that are severely discharged will be unhealthy.

Ok... does BMW use a special kinda battery?

Some shops say I can use normal battery.....

Some shops say cannot....

What's the specs for F10 battery?

Re: F10 Charge Battery

I did not get the message on iDrive but SA at PM told me that batt charging is only 70+%. Asked if want to change at S$700+. I got it replaced from workshop at S$235+GST. Problem solved.

Bro which ws? Can intro?

Me bought from PML and diy. The workshop u went did registration of the new battery right?

Bro which ws? Can intro?

I changed my car battery and all other service matters at Pang&Tan. They have since relocated to 160 SinMing Drive, SinMing Autocity, 02-05.

I changed the battery more than a year back, not sure if the price still the same.

AGM? Dunno lah.. installed over 18months ago. No issues so far.

I called Pang&Tan, was told the battery is not AGM but a high capacity one. He has changed for many BMWs and so far no issues. He did say that he will need to do a computer reset after changing the battery so that no error msgs will come up. Cost is $200 plus.

I called Pang&Tan, was told the battery is not AGM but a high capacity one. He has changed for many BMWs and so far no issues. He did say that he will need to do a computer reset after changing the battery so that no error msgs will come up. Cost is $200 plus.

You need to change the vehicle configuration and code it into the ride as well if the battery type is modified. A reset alone will not suffice. A registration is also needed - get the mileage recorded into the DME for the battery change. This has an influence on the charging cycle.

The alternator will charge the non AGM battery like an AGM battery. It will push as high as 14.8v if it thinks it's an AGM battery.

Btw AGM batteries are better suited for a bunch of feature like brake energy regeneration, auto start stop, MSA, NIC etc ... rapid charging is why BMW speced AGM type batteries for certain models (mostly F series and the e9x M3) ...

Very good info... I think I will stick to AGM battery...

So back to the question, where is the lowest cost place to buy and install an AGM battery?

Very good info... I think I will stick to AGM battery...

So back to the question, where is the lowest cost place to buy and install an AGM battery?

I just installed the OEM Varta AGM which is identical to the BMW Varta AGM.

The cost for above done at R2D is 50% what PML quoted me.

Took only 5-10 min for battery swap plus computer registration.

Bro, where did you get the Varta AGM and what's the price?

Where to go?

Bro, where did you get the Varta AGM and what's the price?

Where to go?

$330+gst at R2D Autoworks @ Harvest Woodlands

Mine is a X1 so your F10 may be using a higher capacity battery

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member