F10- Drivetrain

ariesleo

Sigh, had a totally bad day today. Went for appointment but client didn't turn up and don't bother to call. On the way home, car jerked, rpm drop and error msg came out....Drivetrain.

What a day. Btw, how long does it take to be in the workshop.

Thanks

Re: F10- Drivetrain

bro, did you have your engine tuned? I recall when i have tune box installed, that's what happened. You need to go back to your car work shop to do a soft ware update or overwrite it. Everything will be back to normal. THat's what i did

ariesleo;977173 said:
Sigh, had a totally bad day today. Went for appointment but client didn't turn up and don't bother to call. On the way home, car jerked, rpm drop and error msg came out....Drivetrain.

What a day. Btw, how long does it take to be in the workshop.

Thanks

I had this drivetrain error occured in my F10 before. Due to a faulty module connected to the accelerator. Downtime was 5days, inclusive of part delivery from Malaysia and reprogramming of software. I advise you to insist for replacement car before you send your ride in. Hope it helps.

Centurion9990;977192 said:
I had this drivetrain error occured in my F10 before. Due to a faulty module connected to the accelerator. Downtime was 5days, inclusive of part delivery from Malaysia and reprogramming of software. I advise you to insist for replacement car before you send your ride in. Hope it helps.

Tks Centurion. Car was towed back to PML this evening and will demand a replacement car tomorrow when the SA call.

ngalan;977190 said:
bro, did you have your engine tuned? I recall when i have tune box installed, that's what happened. You need to go back to your car work shop to do a soft ware update or overwrite it. Everything will be back to normal. THat's what i did

The car was stock. No tuning done.

ariesleo;977199 said:
Tks Centurion. Car was towed back to PML this evening and will demand a replacement car tomorrow when the SA call.

Please demand. Its really inconvenient without car for almost a week and I was only given a few taxi vouchers, and the SA can emphasized to me its based on goodwill, not standard procedure.

i thought it's SMRT planting virus into every car, telling us to drive train instead of drive car

Centurion9990;977205 said:
Please demand. Its really inconvenient without car for almost a week and I was only given a few taxi vouchers, and the SA can emphasized to me its based on goodwill, not standard procedure.

This morning, when SA called, starting my demand for a replacement car Liao. He said by afternoon will let me know the downtime and about the car...was told the earliest I can pick it my car is tomorrow. Will c

So did you apply to SMRT for a job as per your BMW recommendation?

Kidding... what was the fault?

detach8;977758 said:
So did you apply to SMRT for a job as per your BMW recommendation?

Kidding... what was the fault?

Lol..no worries. Was told yesterday that its a small fault. Will replace the part today and hopefully can collect car if not, SA promise will get me a replacement car by day end.

Cheers

Shared same experience this morning... Drivetrain malfunction error popped up! 5mth old car is with PML now & awaiting for SA to call and update me what's wrong. Was reading this post and therefore very interested to know if anyone has recurred problem after the so called fix?

Sign......

Drivetrain error is a general fault msg
Basically it can mean anything related to the gearbox and engine.
I have Drivetrain error msg few times.
Problems include : fuel pump, boost control solenoid, ignition coil ..........

Does it mean the error is not uncommon and life goes on by restarting? I don't think PML can do much this time coz they called me and said everything is ok, so will just do software update.

No.
Some errors are really parts breakdown and you cannot clear it just by restarting.

Maybe PML -
1) managed to trace the error to a fault and replaced a common part that is prone to breakdown that they have stock on hand or
2) they cannot find any fault so just cleared off the fault code so that you can have your car back fast

clear error code, reset and monitor is pretty much the standard answer unless a very clear fault is found

Drivetrain malfunction...can be part spoil or just a connector loose...Usually related to something the sensor can sense...or just software.

If you sensor can't sense it, it will not throw the drivetrain malfunction even when the car breakdown. Then you have a headache because you don't know what could be spoilt.

Drivetrain malfunction don't need to reset de. You fix the thing that is wrong, the next time you start up it will be gone.

Do note that even some of the high end non-bmw obd readers cannot read fault code when the car throws drivetrain malfunction.

I had a drive train error while driving to work yesterday. There was a warning to drive at moderate speed when the error came up on my dashboard. the car slowed and jerked. I parked the car, turn off ignition and called PML. SA told me to drive to the service center. I restarted the engine and the error was gone. However, the drive is not smooth and the car seems like there is not much power to climb a gradual slope. Based on the symptoms, SA told me that it could be spark plug issue and need to replace all for $100 a piece. The car is less than 3 years old with a mileage of 40K. still under warranty. Going back to PML on Monday to replace the plugs. *** sigh ***

$100 for a spark plug ......

Gold plugs .......

vasoojraj;1102408 said:
I had a drive train error while driving to work yesterday. There was a warning to drive at moderate speed when the error came up on my dashboard. the car slowed and jerked. I parked the car, turn off ignition and called PML. SA told me to drive to the service center. I restarted the engine and the error was gone. However, the drive is not smooth and the car seems like there is not much power to climb a gradual slope. Based on the symptoms, SA told me that it could be spark plug issue and need to replace all for $100 a piece. The car is less than 3 years old with a mileage of 40K. still under warranty. Going back to PML on Monday to replace the plugs. *** sigh ***

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winterbrian89
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back