F10 extended warranty ~ is it worth it?

limtk55

After the standard 3 year warranty, PML is also offeri g extended warranties for 2 years at $3600.
Is it worth the spend?

Assuming standard insurance can't cover parts and repair. Also, can workshops do a comprehensive inspection after the third year to ensure serviceability each year at least up to the 5th year?
And does the dealer PML provide preown inspection services? How often doew major breakdowns costing more than $3000 occur?

Bottom line is, I intend to keep the car for 5 years only. and trying to justifyspendingan extra 3600 for extended warranties.

Re: F10 extended warranty ~ is it worth it?

this topic has been discussed before a few times in a few threads...please do a search

Its not your first bmw and you are not a stranger to bmw neither to pml.
Why ask these questions when i think the best person to answer is yourself ?

I for one, will not go for the extended warranty because i cannot afford it and rather repair the car at outside ws than to .....
wanna find out more, go search yourself

Bros, thanks for your inputs.
although it doesn't quite answer my questions and also for the benefit of those who are struggling to reason out why it pays or does not pay to buy the extended warranty.
I've searched this forum before I posted this thread as I didn't find anything informative, by the way).
I'll post more information later on regarding this.
Kinda busy ATM.

For what i know, Extended Warranty only extend the 2 years, no extension for mileage, it remains at 100,000. So personally felt not worth it.

Hi limtk55, save your money. Unless you had rare positive experiences with them.

Bro Lim,

IMO, 3600 is reasonable but have to read the fine print b4 you sign it. Some 3rd party provider covered the engine and GB only. Moreover, they required you to change some of the parts with them and also final inspection b4 the agreement signed. As such, its a win win to them. Do some check with the 3rd party provider then compare. In mine case, i will go for it for a peace of mind in the next 2 years.

JASO;1115054 said:
Bro Lim,

IMO, 3600 is reasonable but have to read the fine print b4 you sign it. Some 3rd party provider covered the engine and GB only. Moreover, they required you to change some of the parts with them and also final inspection b4 the agreement signed. As such, its a win win to them. Do some check with the 3rd party provider then compare. In mine case, i will go for it for a peace of mind in the next 2 years.
To a lot of BMW owners, this might be an oxymoron statements.

I so new here. Just got my 520i last Sunday! They didnt mention the 5yrs warranty thing. Is it open to all or is it a special case thing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanhtrinhtuoitrevn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back