F10 Interior ambiemt light

Re: F10 Interior ambiemt light

i think the LCI verison come in as standard now. but if your interior leather is dark on black it will not obvious even u switch to max.

Yes. It looks so different (or non existence ) on black, unlike bmwforever...:-(

Why u all bother about ambient lighting in the day time? It's at night or dark places that ambient lighting will be most swee...no matter what colour interior

I agree but the problem is even at night also can't really pick up the ambient light if its Black leather. Not that the world is going to collapse with it, I think many people here are merely asking and pointing out why the ambient light are not visible at all..

At night the ambient light should be very bright. The adjustment can be made via the same roller for the speedo lights.

my interior is black leather and it's very bright if I roll the roller all the way up

Pardon my ignorance (or maybe for not reading the manual), are there different packages for the interior lighting? On my 2014 F10 (NBT), the only options on my LCD display is Classic or Modern. Yet from youtube videos, I see others having colour options like blue, red, blue/red/white etc. Also on the videos, it shows lightings along the door trimmings. I did the VIN check and saw that I do have the S4URA option.

Viper Warrior;1105391 said:
F10 only has 2 colors, I do know X5 has more colors that you mentioned.

I see ... that explains. Thanks!

Sorry guys but i need some good advise from the bros here.

Can anyone recommend a workshop that change our F10 Dome/Map/Reading Lights to those white LED's?

I heard that it is very difficult to removed the front dome panel.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Yahooize;1109080 said:

Can anyone recommend a workshop that change our F10 Dome/Map/Reading Lights to those white LED's?

Look for site sponsor Max of ELEBEST.

kahlid;1105341 said:
Yes , it is all black, with classic or modern setting. Do you know where is the light shining at. I suppose it is not light that will appear along the door sill, which looks very cool.

On my F30, I had my ambient light set to "Sport" and on a coral red interior even dial up to max on the rotary switch just next to the light switch, the ambient light is hardly visible. So I went to to IDrive and under settings, look for lights and then go to ambient light to change out of sport to classic. Then the lights are very bright. You can also change the intensity to max just below the ambient light setting in IDrive and then use the rotary knob on dash to adjust brightness.

Yahooize;1109080 said:

Actually not that difficult to DIY - many bros here have been replacing headlamps to tail lamps to even changing VCGs on their own.

It's just a cabin dome bulb......

Yahooize;1109080 said:

If you want to DIY, Youtube or Google is your best friend. That's what I always do.

Red_Bean_Bun;1109140 said:
Actually not that difficult to DIY - many bros here have been replacing headlamps to tail lamps to even changing VCGs on their own.

It's just a cabin dome bulb......

I saw the youtube video but its the 2 metal clips (facing the centre rear view mirror) that is very hard to dislodged.

Has anyone of the bros here on a 523i F10 managed to removed theirs and change their bulbs to LED?

Viper Warrior;1109151 said:
If you want to DIY, Youtube or Google is your best friend. That's what I always do.

Thanks bro, but i tried and couldn't removed the centre dome panel at all....:verysad:

Yahooize;1109156 said:
I saw the youtube video but its the 2 metal clips (facing the centre rear view mirror) that is very hard to dislodged.

Has anyone of the bros here on a 523i F10 managed to removed theirs and change their bulbs to LED?

For this kind of situation - I found it easier to do after dinner .... Hands feel stronger ...... Haha !

On the other hand - Sometimes the ang mo video also don't show everything and some techniques need to be discovered.

You should have seen the time a friend and myself wresting with a steering wheel to retrofit a 6wa cluster for over 2 hours ....... Its allmost like a gym work out. The joy when the steering wheel nut finally budged ..... Orgasmic.

Give the 2 clips another shot bro .....

Red_Bean_Bun;1109162 said:
For this kind of situation - I found it easier to do after dinner .... Hands feel stronger ...... Haha !

On the other hand - Sometimes the ang mo video also don't show everything and some techniques need to be discovered.

You should have seen the time a friend and myself wresting with a steering wheel to retrofit a 6wa cluster for over 2 hours ....... Its allmost like a gym work out. The joy when the steering wheel nut finally budged ..... Orgasmic.

Give the 2 clips another shot bro .....

Ok bro, will give it another shot next time, now hands super sore from the unsuccessful earlier attempt. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back