F10 M5 Consumption

Re: F10 M5 Consumption

clar;789967 said:
Nabeh. Poisoning my mind again :p No Asso station near my place lar. Not convenient...
bro i write to Esso to built one station beside your house he he :thumbsup:

there is one around clar's residence....

corner of tanglin road and jervois....

but I guess shell or caltex is more straight forward for him.

Honestly, I am not so sure if petrol really affects consumption cos I have had people telling me that v power gives better mileage. The single most important factor is my right foot and my M button settings I think.

Lol, the more things change, the more they stay the same :laughlik:

Stats for the old E60 V10 daily driving -- avg ~300 km 60l or ~5 km/l with the below settings

Power: P500
Suspension: Comfort
SMG: D4

Consumption drops to 4.5-4.8l if round trip Sepang (including all the hot laps)

At D4, in Singapore driving, car stays at 5th cruising, must go down to D3 (softer setting) to get it to use 6th or 7th

Elite;790231 said:
Lol, the more things change, the more they stay the same :laughlik:

Stats for the old E60 V10 daily driving -- avg ~300 km 60l or ~5 km/l with the below settings

Power: P500
Suspension: Comfort
SMG: D4

Consumption drops to 4.5-4.8l if round trip Sepang (including all the hot laps)

At D4, in Singapore driving, car stays at 5th cruising, must go down to D3 (softer setting) to get it to use 6th or 7th

My M5 figures are definitely among the worst due to my heavy city stop/start driving pattern. I am pretty sure the bros here will average at least 7-8 kmh per litre (except Reeve). Got a warning sign last week telling me to top up another litre of engine oil, which i did today at MA. Maybe after that oil top up, the consumption will improve :p

clar;790305 said:
My M5 figures are definitely among the worst due to my heavy city stop/start driving pattern. I am pretty sure the bros here will average at least 7-8 kmh per litre (except Reeve). Got a warning sign last week telling me to top up another litre of engine oil, which i did today at MA. Maybe after that oil top up, the consumption will improve :p
bro I will pray for u hahahaha

Reeve;790328 said:
bro I will pray for u hahahaha

Thanks bro. 1.5 more month to go for u. Hang in there!!

clar;790356 said:
Thanks bro. 1.5 more month to go for u. Hang in there!!
it so long till I forgotten how the car look like lol

Just measured the latest tank of V-Power for my M3. It did 4.87 km/l. KNN, i am so going to hell for this :p

clar;796166 said:
Just measured the latest tank of V-Power for my M3. It did 4.87 km/l. KNN, i am so going to hell for this :p

ok la.. i'm doing 5.0km/l for esso 98.. lol!!

masschaoz;796426 said:
ok la.. i'm doing 5.0km/l for esso 98.. lol!!
you and clar must be driving on the extreme hahha. although S5 SB is doing 6km/l even when i driving slowing on comfort mode.

clar;796166 said:

My running in i got 6.3km/ltr.
I think we gonna be bros after I run in. I know that for a FACT. :shoot:

Clar, try switching to Caltex 98 and reset your trip consumption meter.
I dont know why you still use V-Power. It is the shittiest fuel for any car.
I only alternate between Caltex 98 and Esso 98 which is alot better...

Mate,

Why do you prefer Caltex/Esso 98 over vpower? I am curious to know.

I have been alternating between SPC 98 and Shell vpower, simply because they are near my home!

Cheers,
B

satinGHOST|r!der;796677 said:
My running in i got 6.3km/ltr.
I think we gonna be bros after I run in. I know that for a FACT. :shoot:

Clar, try switching to Caltex 98 and reset your trip consumption meter.
I dont know why you still use V-Power. It is the shittiest fuel for any car.
I only alternate between Caltex 98 and Esso 98 which is alot better...

why v power sucks? mind to share? have been on it since dunno how many years ago:thumbsup:

bleachberu;796847 said:
Mate,

Why do you prefer Caltex/Esso 98 over vpower? I am curious to know.

I have been alternating between SPC 98 and Shell vpower, simply because they are near my home!

Cheers,
B

S2k;796849 said:
why v power sucks? mind to share? have been on it since dunno how many years ago:thumbsup:

I dont use V power cause it burns too fast and there is far too many additives inside that makes combustion erratic and non consistent. Those workshops who have tuned cars on V-power have hit the wall very quick due to the non-linearity of the way the fuel burns. Once they moved to particularly Esso and Caltex, gains were more pronounced due to the upper limit of the tuning potential due to
the fuel. Of course, V power gives you a great butt feel due to the way it combusts but I do not like the mileage it offers and it wears your spark plugs much faster....

satinGHOST|r!der;796856 said:
I dont use V power cause it burns too fast and there is far too many additives inside that makes combustion erratic and non consistent. Those workshops who have tuned cars on V-power have hit the wall very quick due to the non-linearity of the way the fuel burns. Once they moved to particularly Esso and Caltex, gains were more pronounced due to the upper limit of the tuning potential of the fuel. Of course, V power gives you a great butt feel due to the way it combusts but I do not like the mileage it offers and it wears your spark plugs much faster....

I second that. Premium Auto Audi did my tune for my S4 and did optimization with different petrols.. they tested all. Drained out and pumped with different petrol.

Esso 98 gave the best power curve. Vpower had one of the worse outputs and readings.

S2k;796858 said:
i'll try caltex on the next pump

Do this test. Wash your tailpipes after each tank of Caltex and each tank of V-power. You'll see the difference.

nb i just top full with v power yesterday and it'll take 2 weeks or 3 weeks to clear the tank wtf

Ok, i am fairly convinced now. Will try Esso 98 for the M5 on the next tank!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwin20date

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back