f12/f13 640i tuning

Re: f12/f13 640i tuning

Just put in bmc filters today. To do kelleners after running in my car(currently around 280kms). Also went down to Just4Cars today and met See Toh, great guy to deal with. After doing my reading up, asking around, I am surely going with Kelleners. Yes it cost way more but it's a safe, reliable product backed up by race car drivers with pedigree history that have put this together. Not forgetting it's worth paying that extra $$ after what we have paid for our cars. Peace of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

To be honest, I am a bit skeptical of manufacturer claiming high figures for bhp and Nm with their chip set... Ultimately it is just a piggy back chip. From my understanding, if you truly want more power then one should do a ECU reflash...which is more risky. The advantage of the piggy back chip is you can remove it anytime and car is back stock.

Btw Zane gave his word that we can bring our cars back to him when it is time to service; he can remove it FOC and replace it FOC. This is if we are concerned about voiding agent's warranty. Bro samlambo, you may want to check with J4C if they can do that for you.

I agree with bro wobbles that swiss chiptech is a very affordable option... hey a piggy back chip together with before and after dyno for less than $1k... this is cheap. In any case if we dont like it, we jus remove it... hopefully no damage to the car. But hey no risk no gain...whether it is reputable or reliable, anything can happen. I believe Kelleners warranty program only extends to European countries and not Singapore. Spoke with J4C and I dont think they would undertake warranty should the car get into serious trouble...

My 2 cents...

omshks;832423 said:
To be honest, I am a bit skeptical of manufacturer claiming high figures for bhp and Nm with their chip set... Ultimately it is just a piggy back chip. From my understanding, if you truly want more power then one should do a ECU reflash...which is more risky. The advantage of the piggy back chip is you can remove it anytime and car is back stock.

Btw Zane gave his word that we can bring our cars back to him when it is time to service; he can remove it FOC and replace it FOC. This is if we are concerned about voiding agent's warranty. Bro samlambo, you may want to check with J4C if they can do that for you.

I agree with bro wobbles that swiss chiptech is a very affordable option... hey a piggy back chip together with before and after dyno for less than $1k... this is cheap. In any case if we dont like it, we jus remove it... hopefully no damage to the car. But hey no risk no gain...whether it is reputable or reliable, anything can happen. I believe Kelleners warranty program only extends to European countries and not Singapore. Spoke with J4C and I dont think they would undertake warranty should the car get into serious trouble...

My 2 cents...

Hi bro,
Was at J4C today and yes they will offer to remove it for free for the first time, second time onwards minimal charge. The warranty is between me and J4C. I didn't ask him to what extend would the warranty cover. Nonetheless I have enough faith in this product after asking(BMW owners) around and doing a lot of research.

Just for everyone's interest, I owned a May 2011 E93 335i running on N55 before... This was sold in March this year and this is when i bought the F12 640i. When I had the 335, i installed a Juicebox piggy back chip at Boss. Everything was fine until after 3 weeks when the engine check light came on... I thought it was the notorious high pressure fuel pump failure than plunged the N54 engines. Thankfully it was just some intereference from the JB; I went for a diagnostic and it came back with 5 or 6 error messages all relating to fuel/ O2 mixture etc etc.. I got the messages deleted and Boss re-program the chip. However, the engine check light came on again. I brought it back and had the programme reset. There were no further problems untl I sold the car... without the JB of course; I took it out and sold it separately. Didnt want to keep it and use on my 640i for obvious reasons.

Therefore, bros...if we are gg to install piggy back chips, be prepared for some problems... JB is reputable as well but still have their problems. Anyway I hope all of us would not have any problems and can enjoy our rides to the fullest...with our tuning chips on of course!

omshks;832442 said:
Just for everyone's interest, I owned a May 2011 E93 335i running on N55 before... This was sold in March this year and this is when i bought the F12 640i. When I had the 335, i installed a Juicebox piggy back chip at Boss. Everything was fine until after 3 weeks when the engine check light came on... I thought it was the notorious high pressure fuel pump failure than plunged the N54 engines. Thankfully it was just some intereference from the JB; I went for a diagnostic and it came back with 5 or 6 error messages all relating to fuel/ O2 mixture etc etc.. I got the messages deleted and Boss re-program the chip. However, the engine check light came on again. I brought it back and had the programme reset. There were no further problems untl I sold the car... without the JB of course; I took it out and sold it separately. Didnt want to keep it and use on my 640i for obvious reasons.

Therefore, bros...if we are gg to install piggy back chips, be prepared for some problems... JB is reputable as well but still have their problems. Anyway I hope all of us would not have any problems and can enjoy our rides to the fullest...with our tuning chips on of course!

I for one certainly don't want any problems especially after paying so much for the F13. I'd be mad!! Which is why I am inclined towards Kelleners who are very reputable all over the world and been around for over 20 years.

Truth be told, initially I wanted to go the Kelleners route as well - very much for the same reasons that bro Samlambo gave. FFS (for the uninitiated, that's "For Fcuk's Sake:lol2:), I paid a king's ransom for my car with all sorts of individual options thrown in, I can go fork out another $2k surely!

However, there's also safety in numbers - with the Swiss Chipset, I have 2 other identically-engined N55B30 IL6 twin power turbos as controls - and should (God forbid) a ¢0£k up occurs, I reckon I could rely on 2 other bros to help with the trouble-shooting.

Anyway, it's a bit of an experiment for me. At most, if I don't like it, I pluck it out and offload it to someone else that can better appreciate it. If it fcuks up the car, I pluck it out, post my grievances to warn would be buyers, and the offload it to some Robert-Carrot-Top-Head :lol2:

We will compare dyno charts and learn how best to tweak our cars eh? Variety.... That's the spice of life!

bro wobbles... if all 3 engines F....up... then how? ha ha ha... we go burn down the shop that sold us ok?

omshks;832471 said:
bro wobbles... if all 3 engines F....up... then how? ha ha ha... we go burn down the shop that sold us ok?

You take a queue number... After I'm done, you can have your go :lol2::lol2:

wobbles;832462 said:
Truth be told, initially I wanted to go the Kelleners route as well - very much for the same reasons that bro Samlambo gave. FFS (for the uninitiated, that's "For Fcuk's Sake:lol2:), I paid a king's ransom for my car with all sorts of individual options thrown in, I can go fork out another $2k surely!

However, there's also safety in numbers - with the Swiss Chipset, I have 2 other identically-engined N55B30 IL6 twin power turbos as controls - and should (God forbid) a ¢0£k up occurs, I reckon I could rely on 2 other bros to help with the trouble-shooting.

Anyway, it's a bit of an experiment for me. At most, if I don't like it, I pluck it out and offload it to someone else that can better appreciate it. If it fcuks up the car, I pluck it out, post my grievances to warn would be buyers, and the offload it to some Robert-Carrot-Top-Head :lol2:

We will compare dyno charts and learn how best to tweak our cars eh? Variety.... That's the spice of life!

Bro.... If all fails... U still have your famous dragon Buddha palm. Heheheh

Best of luck my bro's! But if you'd ask me, pay that little extra and have a peace of mind rather than running up and down the workshops trying to fix the problem(providing nothing goes wrong with your car), not saying there would be but why take that risk. Yes maybe Kelleners might have it's fair share of issues to but I've been doing tons of searches on Kelleners and nothing shows up on it having any issues. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawer13login

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back