F12, f13 m6 - world premier

Re: F12, f13 m6 - world premier

TripleM;751234 said:
The car looks damn good..Has to be the most beautiful BMW car today..

Brakes fact :
Six-piston fixed-calliper compound disc brakes
400 x 36 / vented
Single-piston floating-calliper compound disc brakes
396 x 24 / vented

Wah those are MASSIVE brakes!!! Makes you :stop!: almost instantly lol!!

clar;751368 said:
The current M5 is 4.4s for the century sprint, so the next M3 will not be allowed to better it. You are looking at 4.4s for the next M3 at best. With a front engine rear drive layout, it's hard to go sub 4s. In any case, century sprint timing is pretty pointless. 20-100, 40-120, or 80-120 etc are more meaningful for real life driving. Anything that requires a hard launch from a dig is pointless as i will never attempt it on cars costing this much unless u have $$ to burn.

with this amount of bhp, GTR is below 3 secs and im not sure if GTR weighs heavier. the torque for M6 is 680nm? so shioks.

regardless i cant wait to see the car in real skin..

clar;751368 said:
The current M5 is 4.4s for the century sprint, so the next M3 will not be allowed to better it. You are looking at 4.4s for the next M3 at best. With a front engine rear drive layout, it's hard to go sub 4s. In any case, century sprint timing is pretty pointless. 20-100, 40-120, or 80-120 etc are more meaningful for real life driving. Anything that requires a hard launch from a dig is pointless as i will never attempt it on cars costing this much unless u have $$ to burn.

I think the F10 M5 is sub 4 seconds car..... 4.4 is what BMW quotes and IS very conservative.

Yes Sir you are spot on on this one. :)

jasonmaxima;751563 said:
I think the F10 M5 is sub 4 seconds car..... 4.4 is what BMW quotes and IS very conservative.

Should check out the Carbon Ceramic brake option. 410mm front 400 rear. THAT, is stopping power. hahaha :)

rex7_vtec;751540 said:

clar;750473 said:
The M6 coupe is only 20 kg lighter than an M5. That's disappointing :(

they were never meant to be light. they have the BHP race ongoing. M cars have gone on steroids ever since the E46.... i like everything abt my M except its weight. Now its BHP, not power to weight anymore... how stupid.

BMW r u listening? There r thousands of threads talking abt weight but no improvements...

weight thing quite interesting...esp Audi is focusing on weight technology with their new models...and BMW nvr really evolve in that sense...maybe consumer driven? all want more bhp and not lighter cars? but really..M6 a coupe only 20 kg lighter than M5...quite unbelievable...cost savings maybe?

Niva;751543 said:
with this amount of bhp, GTR is below 3 secs and im not sure if GTR weighs heavier. the torque for M6 is 680nm? so shioks.

regardless i cant wait to see the car in real skin..

Not surprising for the GTR as it has AWD, the essential ingredient for crazy century sprint timing.

SC_IS;751576 said:
Should check out the Carbon Ceramic brake option. 410mm front 400 rear. THAT, is stopping power. hahaha :)

I really hope this comes in and is available for retrofit for F10 M5s. I am not happy with the stopping power of my M5 unfortunately. I find myself getting caught out frequently and have to apply a lot of force to stop the car. I am not used to this.

Niva;751593 said:
weight thing quite interesting...esp Audi is focusing on weight technology with their new models...and BMW nvr really evolve in that sense...maybe consumer driven? all want more bhp and not lighter cars? but really..M6 a coupe only 20 kg lighter than M5...quite unbelievable...cost savings maybe?

The main culprit for the constant weight increase for BMWs these days is due to the ever increasing size of the cars. M is not allowed any free play chasis wise, so they have to take whatever chasis the series production spits out. The F10 5 series is crazy big in my opinion. I hope this stops here. Unfortunately, with such a strong showing by consumers for the F10 5 series, i don't think BMW AG is particularly concerned. Their superior engines are keeping their carbon footprint in check. The F01 7 series is already near impossible to park around town. The F30 3 series seem to have at least arrested the issue of weight gain compared to the E90. I expect the next M3/M4 to be slightly (only just) lighter than the current model.

clar;751628 said:
The main culprit for the constant weight increase for BMWs these days is due to the ever increasing size of the cars. .

coz in general pple who can afford M cars usually dont care abt details, the conversation usually is whos car has more BHP. Sadly this is the reality where M isnt the originally intended lightweight sports version of the standard model anymore.

Thats y until now pple still say the best M is prob the E46 M3 CSL,a car thats over 10yrs old design.

They shld just make the M1 supercar for BHP chasing & leave the M3/M5 alone.

rex7_vtec;751540 said:

make the M3 so petite in comparison at 360 and 350 respectively

Barry, pls trade in ur M3 for an M6 and after 6months sell to me bro to bro price

golfgti;751645 said:
coz in general pple who can afford M cars usually dont care abt details, the conversation usually is whos car has more BHP. Sadly this is the reality where M isnt the originally intended lightweight sports version of the standard model anymore.

Thats y until now pple still say the best M is prob the E46 M3 CSL,a car thats over 10yrs old design.

They shld just make the M1 supercar for BHP chasing & leave the M3/M5 alone.
Both ///M & Alpina is using the same chassis from std E9x but Alpina is lighter than ///M. Moreover, Alpina is always luxury rather than all out performance.

Alpina whore!....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back