F13 M6 Coupe

Re: F13 M6 Coupe

wobbles;881637 said:
I reckon Tanzy's smacked the nail right on the head with that review. One of the biggest concerns I have (apart from having to kneel on durian shells for the rest of my miserable life) is I end up shelling out 1/2 a million bucks for a bloated barge that slurps fuel like it's going out of fashion.

As a grand tourer, the basic F13 in both engine variants is already plenty fine... and if I were to be moved to add the letter "M" in front of the 6, the M6 coupe will definitely have to do more than just push my asscheeks into the seat in a straight line at 40Tiang. We'll see when the car hits our shores in Sept/Oct :)

the total petrol cost over 10yrs is peanuts to d car price.... now theres carbon tax on top of that too.

If i were in d mkt, id get a new home in USA for US$300K n buy a new lamborghini gallardo, n take a trip there once awhile there... then take it to laguna seca n button willow for trackdays. By the time i fly back, its prob same cost as a new M6 here LOL

Edit is realized i cant quite make it a new home+new aventador w S$600K budget lol but if got S$700K then possible

Last edited by a moderator:

golfgti;881652 said:
the total petrol cost over 10yrs is peanuts to d car price.... now theres carbon tax on top of that too.

If i were in d mkt, id get a new home in USA for US$300K n buy a new lamborghini gallardo, n take a trip there once awhile there... then take it to laguna seca n button willow for trackdays. By the time i fly back, its prob same cost as a new M6 here LOL

Edit is realized i cant quite make it a new home+new aventador w S$600K budget lol but if got S$700K then possible

Hey, how many trips can u make with S$700k and everything above? Which airline and business class or EY?

wobbles;881637 said:
I reckon Tanzy's smacked the nail right on the head with that review. One of the biggest concerns I have (apart from having to kneel on durian shells for the rest of my miserable life) is I end up shelling out 1/2 a million bucks for a bloated barge that slurps fuel like it's going out of fashion.

As a grand tourer, the basic F13 in both engine variants is already plenty fine... and if I were to be moved to add the letter "M" in front of the 6, the M6 coupe will definitely have to do more than just push my asscheeks into the seat in a straight line at 40Tiang. We'll see when the car hits our shores in Sept/Oct :)

Agree, the M6 convertible makes absolutely no sense to me. The M6 coupe at least has killer looks and weighs 200kg less though it's still heavy.

clar;881713 said:
Hey, how many trips can u make with S$700k and everything above? Which airline and business class or EY?

well take a trip there 2-3 times a year n log couple thousand miles per trip lor. In terms of airline class etc, thats depends on indiviual

Sigh. I've been reading the numerous write-ups & reviews (from various internet sources), and they haven't exactly been heaping praises on the M6 F13 leh...

Of course, most of the reviews will mention how well the M6 does this and how BMW has done a smashing job at masking the M6's heft, but underlying that is the unmistakable message that the M6 has grown too obese for its own good, and no amount of electronic nannying is ever going to defy the laws of Physics indefinitely.

I have to admit, it's a little disappointing, somewhat.

I'm hoping (against hope) that when the car finally hits our shores later this (or next month), the actual drive experience will be somewhat different from what has been written so far....

wobbles;885494 said:
Sigh. I've been reading the numerous write-ups & reviews (from various internet sources), and they haven't exactly been heaping praises on the M6 F13 leh...

Of course, most of the reviews will mention how well the M6 does this and how BMW has done a smashing job at masking the M6's heft, but underlying that is the unmistakable message that the M6 has grown too obese for its own good, and no amount of electronic nannying is ever going to defy the laws of Physics indefinitely.

I have to admit, it's a little disappointing, somewhat.

I'm hoping (against hope) that when the car finally hits our shores later this (or next month), the actual drive experience will be somewhat different from what has been written so far....

Always take any review with a pinch of salt unless it's from Chris Harris, but only if he is not reviewing the 911 :D Most reviewers feel compelled to sing similar tune and for a car like the M6, they have to be seen complaining about the heft and FI engine. The most important review is the one u have. Use reviews only for a quick reference. If u are genuinely interested in the car, test it out yourself when it becomes available. Take the M5 for instance, u get tons of noise on the active sound, lack of a V10, bigger and fatter, etc...The actual car is nothing short of fantastic. The same people complaining about heft and size are often the ones complaining about lack of LED headlamp on the M5 or limited rear leg room in the M6. Life is a compromise and people need to come to terms with that.

jasonmaxima;885546 said:
[video=youtube;TUKiqYBT04I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUKiqYBT04I[/video]

Yeah bro, read/viewed that review too... that's what prompted the above posting :(

The M5 and M6 are undeniably BIG cars. That is something that no amount of technology will change. Physics of a big and heavy car means reliance on hard dampers and springs to corner flat or adaptive trick suspensions to startrek your way through a bend. Big cars are always going to be a compromised sports car. They allow you to carry a lot of luxury and leather mixed with lateral G. The questions is WHY? Why do you want to do that? It's like jogging with your Hermes bag.

Sports cars are not about paper performance and straight line speed. The M5 and M6 convertible are able to give huge amount of grip but the weight transition and direction change is ponderous. They are both not nimble even though they will brute force their way through a turn. Give them a tight windy road and they will fail to be more fun than a lighter and smaller sports car.

It's only recent times that we have to grapple with this dilemma and paradox of a 2 tonnes fast and fat car. It's all due to country club oneupmanship that spawn these obese and bloated super-barges. People, who won't give up on their boot space for golf clubs and big cushy chairs insulated from the road rigors, created the demand for these chimeras that we, genuine enthusiast, are left to ponder and debate about.

These are good for tired people going home but tiring to drive intensively fast. Precision driving is constantly demanded from the pilot to place the jumbo through a narrow path with little margin for error or risk scraping other cars or road side obstacles, e.g. bi-psycho-list.

Are they bad cars? Or good cars? It depends on what you hope to achieve with them.

Tanzy;885671 said:
The M5 and M6 are undeniably BIG cars. That is something that no amount of technology will change. Physics of a big and heavy car means reliance on hard dampers and springs to corner flat or adaptive trick suspensions to startrek your way through a bend. Big cars are always going to be a compromised sports car. They allow you to carry a lot of luxury and leather mixed with lateral G. The questions is WHY? Why do you want to do that? It's like jogging with your Hermes bag.

Sports cars are not about paper performance and straight line speed. The M5 and M6 convertible are able to give huge amount of grip but the weight transition and direction change is ponderous. They are both not nimble even though they will brute force their way through a turn. Give them a tight windy road and they will fail to be more fun than a lighter and smaller sports car.

It's only recent times that we have to grapple with this dilemma and paradox of a 2 tonnes fast and fat car. It's all due to country club oneupmanship that spawn these obese and bloated super-barges. People, who won't give up on their boot space for golf clubs and big cushy chairs insulated from the road rigors, created the demand for these chimeras that we, genuine enthusiast, are left to ponder and debate about.

These are good for tired people going home but tiring to drive intensively fast. Precision driving is constantly demanded from the pilot to place the jumbo through a narrow path with little margin for error or risk scraping other cars or road side obstacles, e.g. bi-psycho-list.

Are they bad cars? Or good cars? It depends on what you hope to achieve with them.

/wobbles wipes away a tear...

Sheer poetry. Damn it, Tanzy, you made a grown man cry with your penmanship.

wobbles;885674 said:
/wobbles wipes away a tear...

Sheer poetry. Damn it, Tanzy, you made a grown man cry with your penmanship.

Sank you! Sank you very much!
I would like to thank my lau peh and lau bu, plus my loyal fans and supporters for giving me this chance to....

US$108,300 for M6 :(

BMW

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts