F20 Gear Shifting Jerky

Re: F20 Gear Shifting Jerky

Dunno if it is a thing about the gearbox and the TC engine ....

zeromax;803827 said:

its about the right rev matching... engine and gearbox.

zeromax;803827 said:

does yours happen often? mine only happen when i did not greet my white horse before i drive..hahhah

hahaha! Greet? hmm... maybe I should try that too! :D

Well, Mine will happen when I have a slack day and just drive slowly out of the carpark.. if I go into manual mode in the carpark, it will not happen...

zeromax;805004 said:
hahaha! Greet? hmm... maybe I should try that too! :D

Well, Mine will happen when I have a slack day and just drive slowly out of the carpark.. if I go into manual mode in the carpark, it will not happen...

mine also jerky when i put at sixth gear when traveling in the MSCP...think i need a software upgrade...

i think BBDC got the software upgrade....for the driver..

zhenlie;805052 said:
mine also jerky when i put at sixth gear when traveling in the MSCP...think i need a software upgrade...

i think BBDC got the software upgrade....for the driver..
hahaha... wah liew... I mean steptronic mode la :/

you go on 6 gear in MSCP?? sound like Tokyo drift to me liao! :p

no joke bro zhenlie....your orange pony so fierce...6th gear in mscp...gosh..u make our white horse feel like "my little pony"

sidder;805137 said:
no joke bro zhenlie....your orange pony so fierce...6th gear in mscp...gosh..u make our white horse feel like "my little pony"

ya 6th gear is MSCP.. then i see the speedo at 20km/hr...the pony jerk like until going to die..must be software got issues.....hahaha:lol:

and my pony not fierce one, very tame and jerky nia...oh yah and it stalls sometimes...cos too tired..hahaha

Last edited:

zhenlie;805139 said:
ya 6th gear is MSCP.. then i see the speedo at 20km/hr...the pony jerk like until going to die..must be software got issues.....hahaha:lol:

and my pony not fierce one, very tame and jerky nia...oh yah and it stalls sometimes...cos too tired..hahaha
I think must be with the issue with the driver... play too much soccer, make that right leg gone too strong...

zeromax;805145 said:
I think must be with the issue with the driver... play too much soccer, make that right leg gone too strong...

correct, but end up injured the left leg...its left leg become weak...lazy step clutch change gear...right leg same size one...

zhenlie;805159 said:
correct, but end up injured the left leg...its left leg become weak...lazy step clutch change gear...right leg same size one...

No wonder, next time see u at entrance of mscp must Siam Liao... Cos gonna have a Tokyo drift up there. Lol

zeromax;805170 said:
No wonder, next time see u at entrance of mscp must Siam Liao... Cos gonna have a Tokyo drift up there. Lol

nope you will see an orange bunny jumping by...:eek:

*boink*

OT a bit. is the F20's ZF tranny the same as the F10 or F13's?

Because it's now nearly a week of me being an F20 driver, and I also experience this jerky business....

8 speed auto as well right should be same as F30?

wobbles;805439 said:
OT a bit. is the F20's ZF tranny the same as the F10 or F13's?

Because it's now nearly a week of me being an F20 driver, and I also experience this jerky business....

I doubt it is the same as F10 or F13... Cos out gearbox should not be able to handle your torque amount in F10/F13?

But should be the same as F30...

zeromax;805444 said:
I doubt it is the same as F10 or F13... Cos out gearbox should not be able to handle your torque amount in F10/F13?

But should be the same as F30...

In Summary,

F20 has the lowest torque ability in the BMW. max 300 NM

F10,F30 should be the 450 NM

Checkout the link.

-> ZF 8HP transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My tuning box arriving soon... NOT from KS.

:dance:

hopeful that might smooth out the shifting points

yesterday when i set off from my house in the morning...once i accelerate..the car jerk...so i let it move slowly and press..ithe engine just got jerky and jerky and not moving!!!!

i tot..oh boy what happen to my horsy...

then.....hahhahah....i realise im stepping on the brake...hahahha....morning blues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
needleadsagency
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back