F30 316 vibrates and shake on cold start

HBF30

Hey all! Im new here, just got my hands on a F30 316 MY 2014.
recently when i do a cold start in the morning the car shakes for about 5-10 seconds and goes away. its more like a left to right than back and forth feel.. like a big shake in 2-3 seconds interval. but it goes away after about 10seconds. while shaking i can see the rpm fluctuate from 700 - 1.5k range..
i just changed the vaccum pump o-ring, air intake hose, water pump,thermostat and radiator.. ( i know i know haha.. )
any advice from you nice peeps?

Hey all! Im new here, just got my hands on a F30 316 MY 2014.
recently when i do a cold start in the morning the car shakes for about 5-10 seconds and goes away. its more like a left to right than back and forth feel.. like a big shake in 2-3 seconds interval. but it goes away after about 10seconds. while shaking i can see the rpm fluctuate from 700 - 1.5k range..
i just changed the vaccum pump o-ring, air intake hose, water pump,thermostat and radiator.. ( i know i know haha.. )
any advice from you nice peeps?

Has this issue before... turns out to be my PCV Valve see my comments on this... thread
https://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/threads/rough-idling-in-316i-f30.88733/ where I believe the PCV valve should be.

Different engine from my 325... but PCV should still be in valve cover.. could be a couple of things like your old O2 sensors too as they need to heat-up and needs replacement, maybe Vanos solenoids, or some vaccum leak somewhere, Fuel pump? will need some investigation.

Mine now is 104,000 km, 8.5 years old since 2011, n52 6 cylinder. No turbos but runs like a charm. Idle at 720 with aircon ON and 680 at Aircon OFF.
Smooth engine still, but had to replace the PCV valve (Replace the whole Valve cover) and had the O2 changed at 70000-80000km.

Hi bro, thanks for your reply!
I checked.. piston misfiring that caused the shake..
Gonna bring it into the ws next week and have it properly checked. Hopefully no lasting damages:(

Wow. That’s quiet an issue.
maybe injectors or spark plug or induction coil then. I supposed. Good you found the area of issue.

Yes had the same issue 2 weeks ago..engine and drive train fault light came on while driving..straight to PML moving along 40km/h. After 2 days of checking, found need to replace spark plug and ignition coils, worse is came back to tell me found a leak and also need to replace the rocker cover assembly the next day.. I dun understand why PML WS diagnosis is not thorough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitclub999com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back