F30 320i- Idrive keeps rebooting when connected to Bluetooth.

Hi! Would like to check with you guys..

I have a F30 320i, the Idrive reboots randomly when connected to Bluetooth with my iphone 5/5s since day 1 of my drive.

Been to PML 3 times they 'updated' the software and does not help.
4th round they 'replaced' the Idrive with a new one but does not help.

Any suggestions?
Does anyone of you encounter the same issue?

Thanks!

Re: F30 320i- Idrive keeps rebooting when connected to Bluetooth.

Hmm u tried with other phones? Maybe its time to change phone :thumbsup:

Try unpairing and repairing...

Maybe it's time to upgrade to NBT with iDrive touch. Hahaha

Tried to pair again but it still reboots :verysad:

splee;1073060 said:
Maybe it's time to upgrade to NBT with iDrive touch. Hahaha

dont think it's worth to spend that amount of money.

If its still under warranty... get pml to fix it. Dun care how they do it.

Your phone connects to your either your ComBox or mulf2 unit (depends) via Bluetooth which then talks to your idrive. Your idrive consists of a screen, a head unit and a hard drive.

What did PML replace ?

I did not check with them what they replaced : P

Will call on Monday to check and also let them know the same problem has not been resolved.

Had similar problem. PML can't resolve it. The screw up is in the software and BMW 'does not have time" to update the software. Updated software most likely available in June 2014 (no promises)

Red Bean Bun@ PML says that they replaced the he'd unit which the bluetooth is located and it still cannot work

Godinsg@ Strange to me why their response to you and me is software problem where other car drivers don't have this problem. To me its clearly Hardware problem.

oakley1976;1075655 said:
Red Bean Bun@ PML says that they replaced the he'd unit which the bluetooth is located and it still cannot work

Godinsg@ Strange to me why their response to you and me is software problem where other car drivers don't have this problem. To me its clearly Hardware problem.

I have spent 6 months on this with PML and sequence of events was as follows :

- updated software - failed
-asked me to reduce number of contacts in phone book (I had more than 2000) and songs in itunes (more than 5000). Stopped connecting my the phone function and reduced songs to less than 500 - failed
- replaced blue tooth unit - failed
- replaced the entire head unit (CIC or whatever it is called) - failed

Took it all the way to the top (which is a long story by itself) and finally have it in writing from them. The issue is with the software and will be updated in June 2014.

What exactly is the problem ?
Your CIC ( I assume is the entry level without navigation etc), right ? It has no hard drive (the higher end versions come with a 200 GB hard drive). The entry level is a flash drive and space is not allocated for each activity. Hence when you switch on the blue tooth, the music + telephone data is transferred to the flash drive. Since no specific location is allocated, apparently when there is an overload of data being transferred the system trips and reboots (I have had instances when the system would reboot 5-6 times in quick succession). So after going through all of above, they finally confessed (not PML's problem, as BMW does not share information with them either). But being arrogant as f***, they want the consumer to wait for the software update in June.

However, now PML is aware of the issue and should be willing to share what they know. They might not been wanting to do so as it exposes them to perhaps legal claims.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Cheers

godinsg;1075666 said:

-asked me to reduce number of contacts in phone book (I had more than 2000) and songs in itunes (more than 5000). Stopped connecting my the phone function and reduced songs to less than 500 - failed

Took it all the way to the top (which is a long story by itself) and finally have it in writing from them. The issue is with the software and will be updated in June 2014.

Your CIC ( I assume is the entry level without navigation etc), right ? It has no hard drive (the higher end versions come with a 200 GB hard drive). The entry level is a flash drive and space is not allocated for each activity. Hence when you switch on the blue tooth, the music + telephone data is transferred to the flash drive. Since no specific location is allocated, apparently when there is an overload of data being transferred the system trips and reboots (I have had instances when the system would reboot 5-6 times in quick succession). So after going through all of above, they finally confessed (not PML's problem, as BMW does not share information with them either). But being arrogant as f***, they want the consumer to wait for the software update in June.

However, now PML is aware of the issue and should be willing to share what they know. They might not been wanting to do so as it exposes them to perhaps legal claims.

Cheers

Godinsg@ thanks your for detailed update.

Yes, mine is the entry level Idrive.

I did consider your factors before.

Thus, on the settings I only had the contacts data transferred (music and internet disabled). However, my contacts is 1700 plus =P

But it still reboots.

Let's keep each other posted if problem has been resolved.
Cheers!

godinsg;1075666 said:

Cheers

Any update on your side? Cheers!

hi there

mine has the same problem . at 1st my samsung s2 cud not pair with the bluetooth well. it pairs for 1 min and drops off and then will continualy search for connections again totally irritating .

so i went to get another phone . its become worse now. u call it re boot , i call it blackout ! was afraid the engine would stall while i was driving .

i have yet to bring it back but will update here if its fixed

tku

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mibetlv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups