F30 Acceleration problems

Seraphblade

Hi bro,

Have posted this issue sometime back,

Got my car sent back to PML for some tests, and they changed the following items so far:

Exhaust flap actuator
Fuel High pressure sensor

Was told the problem was solved initially, but it resurfaced on the 2nd day. (Did not have time nor the right road conditions to test immediately after getting the car back)

But the problem still persists, the more I test it on myself, it feels like some sort of fuel cut, or timing retardation... It always happen between 3k to 4k RPM, and more pronounce in 3rd and 4th gear...

It only happens when I'm hitting the prescribed top torque (~350nm on the sports display)... Is there some sort of ECU protection that tries to limit the torque??

Best regards.

Re: F30 Acceleration problems

Any technically inclined person around that may offer some insights?

Or anyone can recommend any workshop that I can go for 2nd opinion?

Thanks!

have the same problem with my f30 328i :(

feels like the car is jerking forward and backward while accelerating

eddienike;917383 said:
Sound like a gearbox issue..

That's what I thought so intially as well, either gearbox related or torque converter issue...

However for my case, it only happens at certain RPM, at certain throttle load and at certain gear...

@ sleet

Have you bring back ur car to PML? Btw, what RPM does it happen for your car?

I have not reported the problem to PML because all along I thought it was the side-effects of using the TMC motorsport piggyback chip and not having a proper throttle controller (?)...

For me it only happens in manual DS mode usually between 2.8-4k rpm too and I step on the throttle about two-thirds down. Could happen anytime from 2nd-5th gear.

Tried turning off DTC/DSC but it's still the same.

if you have a aftermarket ecu installed, sounds like the mapping is not done properly and could be engine pinging.
does it happens usually on a hot day on WOT?

krakenster;918118 said:
if you have a aftermarket ecu installed, sounds like the mapping is not done properly and could be engine pinging.
does it happens usually on a hot day on WOT?

I had this problem before installing Juicebox, and the problem persisted with it. So unlikely to be with the piggyback

pretty sure its the mapping thats the problem.
I had experiences with my subaru and vw TSI

Hi There have you ever fixed this problem? mine started now, I bought f30 328i 2 months ago :-(
Whats was the cause of problem, my car had exact same symptons as yours

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red88video

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back