F30 - Auto Stop Start Status Display

340driver

Hi all,

Was trawling YouTube and found this video [video=youtube_share;AIg1yD0WmuU]http://youtu.be/AIg1yD0WmuU[/video]

Noticed something that's not on my early 2012 F30. On the left of the Transmission mode indicator (Below tachometer) the display shows the A.S.S status for a few seconds at the beginning.

Any of you driving late model F30s have this? I know the video is a North American car but still a nice feature, better than having to crane your neck past the steering wheel spoke to look at the orange light.

Cheers

Re: F30 - Auto Stop Start Status Display

Can be coded but you won't need it if you already disable start stop by default or last memory

Hi

Correct me if i am wrong. But i read from the manual that the status will only pop up when A.S.S is on. But certain criteria of the car eg. air-con temp not reached yet etc (written in the manual), then that status will pop up. Which actually means that A.S.S is on but cannot be activated yet.

I think if you set the A.S.S to off, that status will not even appear.

tuixin;992075 said:
Hi

Correct me if i am wrong. But i read from the manual that the status will only pop up when A.S.S is on. But certain criteria of the car eg. air-con temp not reached yet etc (written in the manual), then that status will pop up. Which actually means that A.S.S is on but cannot be activated yet.

I think if you set the A.S.S to off, that status will not even appear.

The cluster is program not to display, so you will not see the icon unless you "code" it on. What you say above can be seen on the Efficient Dynamics screen - the one that shows whether the car is running/charging (same menu as fuel consumption histogram)

kon;991882 said:
Can be coded but you won't need it if you already disable start stop by default or last memory

Tanks kon, I've got last memory already. Just curious if this was a new update. Haven't got into the whole coding thing yet simply because haven't been able to find the time.

Cheers

340driver;992131 said:
Tanks kon, I've got last memory already. Just curious if this was a new update. Haven't got into the whole coding thing yet simply because haven't been able to find the time.

Cheers

I believe only the very first generation of cars (US bound) have this, after that, all turned off already... The first gen F10 doesn't even have auto start/stop

kon;992121 said:
The cluster is program not to display, so you will not see the icon unless you "code" it on. What you say above can be seen on the Efficient Dynamics screen - the one that shows whether the car is running/charging (same menu as fuel consumption histogram)

But i seen the same icon on my F30 before. And mine is already coded to last memory which I put to off. I think it appeared after I switch to Eco-pro mode and A.S.S turned on automatically? Possible? After I switch back to Comfort mode and off A.S.S manually that icon never appear again..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back