F30 wiper unit problem

Re: F30 wiper unit problem

kianliau;849900 said:
the left wiper tip seems to be scratching my windscreen with unsightly marks/lines.....anyone else face the same problem?

sounds like foreign residue on the wiper, clean it with a wet cloth and check for any fine sand etc. Might need sanding down of the wiper blade if required.

Growler;844883 said:
When I try to turn off wiper it will stop, but not at the resting place that it ought to, it stops exactly anywhere on the windscreen the minute u turn off the wipers. That's one problem. Second issue is when I activate wiper washer system the wipers can't be turned off until I off engine and lock car. Sounds crazy rite?

Apparently some folks in the states already encountered this on their F30s. Will pm u my sales person

Hi Growler,

I am having the same problem!
can you share what was done to resolve this?
Where did u see this in the US forum?
i can't go to PML as my car is PI.
Will try to go back to my workshop next week.

DAN7788;846732 said:
Today rained and i start to use my wiper too. OK. this is the problem i was encountering - Usually when i press the 'A" for wiper meaning the wiper will only swipe when it detects rain rite? but for my F30 it jus kept swiping. and when you disable the "A" usually the wiper will finish it's one cycle and go back to original position but my wiper will jus stop and stay on the windscreen. Any other experiencing this?

same problem here

Wow! All the problems surfacing, including the 15 pages of complaints in the "teething problems" tread, on the new F-series is beginning to look like the VW DSG saga!
No blardy good for BMW.

Good thing I had influenced my wife to change up her Audi to a Merc, and not the F30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro for the wiper problem PML changed the FEM ( forward electronics module) this is the same fix that agents in the US did based on the forum posts tat I read. I can't recall exactly where the post was but am quite sure it's somewhere found in the link below. the guy at PML also told me a few F30 Kenna liao, and apparently the 1 series also got similar issue.

Hope this helps bro

http://www.f30post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=373&order=desc

i dont use the automatic wipers anymore...i use the manual mode instead....they changed my FEM previously

astrid;867017 said:
Wow! All the problems surfacing, including the 15 pages of complaints in the "teething problems" tread, on the new F-series is beginning to look like the VW DSG saga!
No blardy good for BMW.

Good thing I had influenced my wife to change up her Audi to a Merc, and not the F30.

Its all the mini minor gizmos BS, but I'm still loving my ride whahahahhaa u gotta whack it to know how well it holds on the roads, a nicer exp! :D

kianliau;867251 said:
i dont use the automatic wipers anymore...i use the manual mode instead....they changed my FEM previously

The auto mode sucks btw hahhahahahaa too fast!!! Same like you, I'm doing it manually and only using the faster modes if its really pouring heavy :D

I'm not exactly having a wiper problem. But my windscreen has lots of watermarks, esp when it rains. Really can't see the front clearly. Not sure if it's the wiper or the washer fluid that they gave us.

Seraphblade;868050 said:
I'm not exactly having a wiper problem. But my windscreen has lots of watermarks, esp when it rains. Really can't see the front clearly. Not sure if it's the wiper or the washer fluid that they gave us.

Get a windshield cleaner, I like the Glaco, can buy it off Autobacs, good stuff n I finish it using newspapers to wipe off. Streaking clean! :D

If the oil stains etc r still there, best is to use turpentine / thinner but do avoid rubber area and wash off after use

tortoise;868154 said:
Get a windshield cleaner, I like the Glaco, can buy it off Autobacs, good stuff n I finish it using newspapers to wipe off. Streaking clean! :D

If the oil stains etc r still there, best is to use turpentine / thinner but do avoid rubber area and wash off after use

Got try before Glaxo, rainx. Now using autoglym glass polish. When it's dry, really looks damn good. But when rain, the watermarks come again.

do u need to reflash the firmware / or any sort of programming after replacing the FEM module?

Growler;868681 said:
PML say they had to re-programme my car after changing FEM, took 3-4 hrs to do it

If the FEM is like the keyless, u need an AD key to open it and code. Thats wat happened to my S4's keyless, gotta pay PA if I wanna that to be replaced, else seek other workshops that have such access but usually very slim chance of them having that, unless u prefer to go over M'sia (thru a workshop lobang)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fc777comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back