FC at 10km/l for my 523

tiger1

some bro here may recall that I just changed my gasket and plug coil a few weeks .

my last full tank clock 8.9km/l (manual calculation). Now, it is 10km/l. Driving pattern and route same same except this tank add 1 trip to airport.

Hope this will be constant man... sweeeee:goodup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: FC at 10km/l for my 523

THIS IS GOOD.

i MANAGED ONLY 7-8KM PER LITRE ON MY CURRENT 523I WITH 18 RIMS

OBC beh zhun one lah.....

I also dont think it's accurate..... i'm quite heavy-footed and it can still register 8-9km/L.... not too possible :p

Why nt try a simplier method by using mileage n petrol to get the fc? Do a few times to get avg. Obc usually shows higher for my case.

The OBC reading is also dependent on when you last reset your readings. For eg. my ave speed (highway, urban and waiting time combined) is 33.2 km/h which gives me 9.2 km/l. If you reset your readings recently when cruising at say, 100 km/h, your ave speed will be higher and thus gives you a higher X km/l.

Just my observation.

Hi,

is there a way to really reset the BC? For mine, there are dates which are really weird... some reading state year at 2015???
By the way, the reading shows my fuel consumption at 8.9km/L (am on a 320i). sigh...

i think the most accurate way to measure fuel consumption is to reset the mileage meter to 0 when u pump a new full tank of petrol ... during your nxt refill ... pump to full tank again ... finally take the mileage u travelled from the time u reset mileage meter to the time u refill and divide it by the amt of litres u fill loh ..

the equation is like

(mileage travelled for the week prior refill) / (total amt of petrol pumped in litres)

Suggest not to pump full tank. When low fuel warning comes on, set trip mileage to zero and pump (say) 50 litres worth of petrol and drive till warning comes on again. Then you know how many km can 50 litres do. Do this a few times to get an average km/l.

Why not pump full tank? Because there is variability in the auto stop sensor in different pump and also depend on how deep the nozzle is inserted.

156F1 has a point but it will be hard to ensure u are near a petrol station when the warning light comes on.

toilet siao method is better. Just needs to fine tune !

just make sure u are the one who is pumping. i ask the attendent to clean my windscreen while i do the pumping of petrol. helps to ensure he doesnt not drip petrol near the fuel cap.

the auto sensor may be different. But as long as you use the same brand - like esso or Shell, or even better, pump at the exact same station or keen the same pump. And even at the same time of the day if possible. Eg. late at night. :yummie:

i have driven my E60 for 2 weeks+.... averaging 7km/l on my 19in rims.... guess that's the price of driving a 5.... lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back