FC on X5 3.0

Re: FC on X5 3.0

Thanks for this thread. FC info interesting and good reference info.

Not sure if it is accurate, been monitoring at a avg 6.8km/L, mixed.

City drive abt 6.2km/L

Hi Guys

Just to share... :)

I am driving X5 2009 Dec (3.0i the non-turbo) with 22" rim, doing 60/40 (city/hwy), with sprint booster, using SPC 98 and usually 2 pax in car.

Have been clocking 6.3km/L.

I think that is quite normal. Previously, when I tried SPC 95, I could only get 5.8km/L. I have tried with many of my previous rides, I am quite certain that better grade fuel gives you better FC because the fact that when the car is given more power, it does not operate in a over stressed mode and thus more efficient? This is not just for SPC but also other pumps I believe (was using Esso/Mobil in the past years and also same experience).

Hope this helps.

Cheers and enjoy this wonderful and beautiful car!

p/s: Be prepared to have a more bumpy ride if going for bigger rims though. Am thinking of changing to 20". If any Bros has 20" stock rims (either X5 or X6) to exchange, pls PM me. Thank you.

Hi all, just took ownership of 2008 X5 4.8i and finished 1st tank of petrol (Shell V-Power). FC was 4.1km/L. 20" wheels and mainly 2 adults + 2 kids city drive. Should my FC be similar to 3.0 models or I am to expect worse off? Thanks!

I am on 3.0 2009. Almost 100Percent driving. Fc is ard 4.5 -5.0 18inch wheel. Urs should be right.

doesn't sound so bad, considering the power on tap and the weight of this brute. thankfully it comes with a 85litre tank!

makapook;1083809 said:
Hi all, just took ownership of 2008 X5 4.8i and finished 1st tank of petrol (Shell V-Power). FC was 4.1km/L. 20" wheels and mainly 2 adults + 2 kids city drive. Should my FC be similar to 3.0 models or I am to expect worse off? Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to try Petronas this week... its amazing for my previous e65 so hopefully it'll be good for e70 as well...

I guess I can't complain about my FC then... :)

I'm now driving a 2008 X5 3.0i.

I get about 7.5km/L on average. About 70/30 highway/city driving. I've found that Shell vPower actually turns in worse FC on the X5 than the Shell 98. (forced to pump vPower during the Lego promotion!)

ecoquest;1109193 said:
I guess I can't complain about my FC then... :)

I'm now driving a 2008 X5 3.0i.

I get about 7.5km/L on average. About 70/30 highway/city driving. I've found that Shell vPower actually turns in worse FC on the X5 than the Shell 98. (forced to pump vPower during the Lego promotion!)

Your X5 should have the same N52 engine as my F02 730Li, and at the moment, I'm averaging about 15L/100km on almost 100% city driving. That works out to about 6.7km/L so I reckon you're doing super well on a heavier machine! My F15 X5 xDrive35i however, returns a far more respectable 13L/100km - about 7.7km/L on 100% city driving cycle... so, all in all, you're doing really well. I'm on Shell 98.

Managed to turn in 8.4km/L this week. (vs 7.5km/L)
That's almost 700km on a full tank.

Still on Shell 98, but I tried to reduce the number of adhoc trips to the hawker centre. Instead, I'll go buy food on the way home instead of going home then going out again. (ie, office wear to buy food instead of t-shirt and shorts)

These short trips are the killers.

You're absolutely right on the short trips - since I last updated you, my L/100km has plunged from 13L/100km to 15.5L/100km - mainly because I'm still 100% on city cycle, and also because I've switched over to driving purely on Sports Mode every day.

Honestly, the shiokness of Sports Mode outweighs the fuel savings - especially since oil pump prices are at a multi-year low right now hahahaha.

If I wanted to save petrol, I'd gotten a bloody Prius :lol2:

I'll try Sports mode on my next tank and see. But I find the Sports mode on the X5 is not as shiok as in my earlier 523... maybe cos the body is heavier.

Aiyo, of cos not the same mah! I use sports mode to stiffen up the suspension and reduce body roll, not to chiet the uncle taxi at the lights hahaha

It's been 6 months since I took ownership of my 4.8i x5. Initially it was 4.1km/l to 4.5km/l mainly ferrying kids to and fro school and marketing. Will only see highways during weekends. Since then, I've done one servicing include engine oil change, gearbox oil change and wheels realignment etc. Same driving patterns we are getting 5.0km/l to 5.2km/l now! Regular servicing does make a difference! I'm using mainly Caltex 98 (BMW 16% discount) until Jan 15 where the promo ceased. Now doing Caltex 95.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back