Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

discom

I know that this is a BMW forum, but I wanted some unbased opinions. Besides, I know that there are a few Ferrari owners here.

Is the Ferrari F430 or 612 okay as a daily driven car? Besides driving around Singapore, it will also make a weekly run up to KL.

Is it reasonable to think that it will be as relaible as a BMW if used in such a way?

Thanks for any inputs.

Re: Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

reliable vs what? yes anything from a modena up will be reliable. its the costs of replacements that is expensive. timing belt change is 5 digits. engine out. a regular oil change is 1k up....wear n tear rate is high....watch the clutch. car wun break down for no reason if thats your worry. it wun be like a bmw. u not gonna get creakings n things like that. the engine is pretty much bomb proof as well.

Agree with Toto, reliability is spot on, but replacement due to excessive wear and tear (from daily beatings) will cost you both nuts as well as the pipe.

Thanks for the replies.

Not worried about maintainence cost.

Just want a car that will not breakdown on the NS :D

Pardon me for these questions. But I have no experience with these cars and I grew up hearing horror stories about how unreliable they are.

But I have also read recently that the reliability issue has improved a lot.

I was also told that very few people drives these cars on a daily basis, if I want to do that, better to get a Porsche.

Discom
If u want to hv a daily driven car cum frequent NSHW drives in a super car, the Porsche Turbo is the best, probably undisputed.

dun forget about parking

not many places u can park ur ferrari without worries

If you have the money, and not concerned about cost of parts, why the hell not have a ferrari.

Good questions. I've always wondered about this, Ferrari or Lambo for that matter as a daily driver.

How about mileage, is it true that with these exotics, if the mileage is high, the resale value takes a real beating?

Discom ever considered a Maserati GT-S? A bit more practical, as beautiful as any exotic will ever be and probably a lot more comfortable for the drive up the NS. Although that 470hp is probably a bit less than what you're used to...heh heh

Toto, how does Maserati compare to Ferrari in terms of maintainence? Since they are handled by the same agent.

TripleM;340664 said:
Discom
If u want to hv a daily driven car cum frequent NSHW drives in a super car, the Porsche Turbo is the best, probably undisputed.

Somehow, Porsche just don't do it for me.

I know that they are uber reliable, but at this category, desires of the heart plays a bigger part than logic of the brain.

And if i buy a Porsche, it will be the GT3 :D

phil;340668 said:
If you have the money, and not concerned about cost of parts, why the hell not have a ferrari.

True :) I am more concern about being stranded by the car. Also thinking of (and most likely getting) the AM DBS.

eggz;340671 said:
How about mileage, is it true that with these exotics, if the mileage is high, the resale value takes a real beating?

Discom ever considered a Maserati GT-S? A bit more practical, as beautiful as any exotic will ever be and probably a lot more comfortable for the drive up the NS. Although that 470hp is probably a bit less than what you're used to...heh heh

Toto, how does Maserati compare to Ferrari in terms of maintainence? Since they are handled by the same agent.

Never really considered Maserati. Don't know why, but it just does not evoke any feelings within me.

As for resale, I am on the side that the money is written off when buying cars in Singapore.

you wont be stranded. maybe by punctre, thats it

eggz;340671 said:
Good questions. I've always wondered about this, Ferrari or Lambo for that matter as a daily driver.

for the V8s..they r the same in servicing. heck its an identical engine...never had a problem in engine. the GT-S is actually 440hp.

porsche GT3
Nissan GTR
Ferrari F430
lambo gallardo
BMW M5..hehe

price, money, parts, performance aside, to quote my fren who bought a ferrari and then an rx300 a week later....."drive everyday sit in it, kar cheng pain ah....bo bian buy rx300 drive for daily errands...."

after reading the thread, i think u just buy the ferrari , my lady friend use it as daliy car , never complain much cos very rich , only thing she said make me puke.. is the fastest ever she hit was 120km/hr... wat a waste..

discom;340659 said:
Thanks for the replies.

Not worried about maintainence cost.

Just want a car that will not breakdown on the NS :D

Pardon me for these questions. But I have no experience with these cars and I grew up hearing horror stories about how unreliable they are.

But I have also read recently that the reliability issue has improved a lot.

I was also told that very few people drives these cars on a daily basis, if I want to do that, better to get a Porsche.

toyota corolla is also super reliable for your consideration

reliability is not an issue for modern ferrari... no problem in driving it everyday..

just that if u drive everyday maintenance gonna kill...

and high mileage ferrari will be difficult to sell...

why dont u get a ferrari and another small car... best of both world..

i have a mate whose dad drives his 430 spider everyday to work..mileage super high..lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8livenet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back