Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

Re: Ferrari suitable as a daily driver?

///M3;342582 said:
how abt DB9 with mansory kit? hehe
post-969-1200148014.jpg

Ferrari and Lambo have been looks and sound thou

Looks good...but when I went to their web site...some of the things that they did to the DB9 is tasteless :screwedu:

discom;342575 said:
The GTR's gearbox just cannot handle the torque that I am used to

Ehh? The GTR's gearbox is quite capable of handling the torque it produces... unless you intend to mod it crazy, it will not have a problem. Simple mods like an ECU flash and a full catback setup will give you a power boost to about 560 or so. After that lightening the car is the name of the game... and you have one killer machine.

Didnt quite get your comment there...

discom;342776 said:
Mansory Kit

Still a DB9. No soundtrack and not sharp enough, whatever the money be.

DBS is 1.015 wow! damn! So that's out of my change budget ever ever! Why not find out about the new V12 Vantage - when it is coming out. Of what I have read - it is as mental a car ever get, plus the soundtrack is to die for...

How about importing one of these:

bristol_fighter_03_06_05.jpg

BristolFighter2.jpg

• V10 - All Aluminium, output 550bhp, top speed 210mph
  • Peak torque of 714NM
  • 0-60 in 4.0 secs
  • 6 speed close ratio manual gearbox
  • Optional S produces 660bhp
  • Optional twin turbo produces 1000+ bhp
  • All this with a weight of 1,540kg

timechaser;342820 said:
Ehh? The GTR's gearbox is quite capable of handling the torque it produces... unless you intend to mod it crazy, it will not have a problem. Simple mods like an ECU flash and a full catback setup will give you a power boost to about 560 or so. After that lightening the car is the name of the game... and you have one killer machine.

Didnt quite get your comment there...

I am use to 700+Hp and 900+Nm...the GTR gearbox just cannot handle that amount of TQ. But the handling of the GTR will always be better than my car...it is only on the straights that I overtake it.

timechaser;342820 said:
Still a DB9. No soundtrack and not sharp enough, whatever the money be.

DBS is 1.015 wow! damn! So that's out of my change budget ever ever! Why not find out about the new V12 Vantage - when it is coming out. Of what I have read - it is as mental a car ever get, plus the soundtrack is to die for...

How about importing one of these:

bristol_fighter_03_06_05.jpg

BristolFighter2.jpg
  • V10 - All Aluminium, output 550bhp, top speed 210mph
  • Peak torque of 714NM
  • 0-60 in 4.0 secs
  • 6 speed close ratio manual gearbox
  • Optional S produces 660bhp
  • Optional twin turbo produces 1000+ bhp
  • All this with a weight of 1,540kg

Nice car...but then maintainence and repair will be a nightmare as it will be the only one...unless someone else is already bringing it in.

V12 Vantage is in advance prototype stage and is at least 2 years away from the showroom floor. Rapide will be launched before V12 Vantage.

Discom. I think just go for a F599, can't go wrong. 600+hp, all that tech. Its an awesome, awesome GT car. If I had a few million $ spare cash lying around....I'll get one for sure.

discom;342830 said:
V12 Vantage is in advance prototype stage and is at least 2 years away from the showroom floor. Rapide will be launched before V12 Vantage.

Nice. That should tie in nicely with the time around which I will be wanting to change the GTR :p

any ride can be daily lah, just a piece of metal mah......

Hmmm i wonder whether there are any differences between an F430 or a Gallardo in terms of being a daily driver. Is the servicing of the Lambo equally exorbitant?

Remus325;342947 said:
Hmmm i wonder whether there are any differences between an F430 or a Gallardo in terms of being a daily driver. Is the servicing of the Lambo equally exorbitant?

Actually that's a good question. Since Lambos share some Audi engineering, is there less wear and tear compared to ferraris and hence the maintainence is cheaper?

Remus325;342947 said:

yes i hv seen the packages,.....lambo is cheaper. lambo service is also better. MUCH better!

HSM is taking too long to do a simple oil change. they hv put too many masers on the road. they hv 4 hoist. from a few mates with the gallardos..they drive to work daily...no problems...pretty bomb prove.

4 hoists not enough...far from being enough
BVO already has 4, relevant.

Discom,

Why not consider the new Ferrari California? Front-mid V8, folding tin-top convertible, 2+2 (although rear seats extremely small, new dual-clutch gearbox. Power slightly less than F430 (454hp) but 0-100 less than 4.0s 'cos it's light and new gearbox is very quick.

To be launched later this year at the Paris auto show with first deliveries early 2009. Price should be similar to F430. Very nice car, although IMHO not as aggressive look as F430 or any of the Lambos.

Or how about new AMV8? Power now up to 420hp from 4.7L, and uprated suspension and quicker tranmission.

eggz;343024 said:
Actually that's a good question. Since Lambos share some Audi engineering, is there less wear and tear compared to ferraris and hence the maintainence is cheaper?

New Clutch job for Gallardo is about S$7K. Oil change about S$1.5K+/- for the 5litre engine, about same as Ferrari. But each service is due in 10K km & most owners drive less than 10km a year. Otherwise just tyres every 2/3yrs & generally nothing much. They are very reliable, use it daily to work, hit 200mph on highway, track it on the weekend, back to Sg & back to work on Monday without missing a beat. BUT once parts go wrong, it's 4 figure & above....

Pre 360s are more irritating but again depends on maintenance & usage. They seem to be more reliable if used often.

In fact, my M3's SMGII broke down recently & costed me more than S$5k to put right. Car went into neutral while driving & cannot engage gear then when it did, it cannot start again because it needs to be in neutral to start! Geezzz

My new Merc had so many electronic issues back then too. :furious:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportsyoga
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back