Finally!! Collection day of my 523i F10..BUT!!

Re: Finally!! Collection day of my 523i F10..BUT!!

Yea... We shld exercise our 'consumer rights' now, we shld feel 'JOY' in every sense... Not craps... Demand for extended warrenty and vouchers... can get a free M CF boot lip for what... hahaha!

Hi guys,

Just an update, got my car back from PML today after they changed the part.

Pretty good turnaround time but confidence still shaken...lets hope this baby gives me a hassle free ride for a few years to come.

jamier9;620308 said:
Hi guys,

Just an update, got my car back from PML today after they changed the part.

Pretty good turnaround time but confidence still shaken...lets hope this baby gives me a hassle free ride for a few years to come.

Hassle free for a few years ?

I just got my 523i from pml last mth... my car also has quite a few problem... the front passenger door cannot close properly... the gear jerks when changing gear... leather got abit of tear when i collected it... wonder how they do their QC....

july_08;620340 said:
I just got my 523i from pml last mth... my car also has quite a few problem... the front passenger door cannot close properly... the gear jerks when changing gear... leather got abit of tear when i collected it... wonder how they do their QC....

get used to it bro ... just got my 525I before CYN ... quite same problem as u but extra issue like engine noise , headlight turn on like from sun rise to sunset :hmmidont:, tyre vibrate at varies speed , bla bla bla ... really sucks ... but got to admit that the inline 6 cyc is vy powerful engine during overtaking ... atleast something we can happy abt it :chinese:

Algino;620410 said:
get used to it bro ... just got my 525I before CYN ... quite same problem as u but extra issue like engine noise , headlight turn on like from sun rise to sunset :hmmidont:, tyre vibrate at varies speed , bla bla bla ... really sucks ... but got to admit that the inline 6 cyc is vy powerful engine during overtaking ... atleast something we can happy abt it :chinese:
Did you test drive b4 purchase?

davidtch;620421 said:
Did you test drive b4 purchase?

i did but u cant figure out the problem during test drive ... need to drive it for almost 1 week then slowing realize the problem :sleepy:

it's a rhetorical question + sarcasm la :lol: because the word "hassle free" is not found in bmw manual

jamier9;620447 said:
Yes, hassle free for at least 3 years then sell the car!!

Red_Bean_Bun;620339 said:
Hassle free for a few years ?

Algino;620425 said:
i did but u cant figure out the problem during test drive ... need to drive it for almost 1 week then slowing realize the problem :sleepy:
Tyre vibrate can be detected during test drive. Abnormal engine noise can also be detected. However, i am not sure what kind of engine noise you experienced.

wt_know;620463 said:
it's a rhetorical question + sarcasm la :lol: because the word "hassle free" is not found in bmw manual

LOL!! You are right about one thing, the "hassle free" clause is definitely not in their manual!!

Bro, I applaud & salute u!! 8)

So far my F10 has been behaving .... fingers crossed.

Enjoy yr ride!!

Cheers

Vic;620493 said:
Bro, I applaud & salute u!! 8)

So far my F10 has been behaving .... fingers crossed.

Enjoy yr ride!!

Cheers

Don't worry bro, I'm quite sure I was just damn 'sway'.

When I placed the order, they told me they had 1 unit of each exterior colour with different interiors coming in. For example, if I picked black with beige then only black with other interiors would be available to other customers. Same for the other colours, more or less.

When I paid the deposit, I picked a colour and interior...one week later I changed the combination then 1 week before the shipment arrived I changed my mind again.

So unlucky me had to choose the specific car with a fault in it. :verysad:

Think i also sway lo... Just collected car with so many problems...

Gee! Can't believe that gear-jerk still happens on F10.....

My E90 had same problem when got it new in 2007. After 2 firmwares update on gear management prog, they finally got it resolved in 2009.

Mmm...not sure whether they will ask the F10 owners to use the infamous 3M anti-friction tape on the door-frame to reduce the creaking noise over humps......The infamous door-creaking from E90.

Anyone has an Audi and experienced silly QC issues like Beemer?

The new A1 1.4 TSFI with 182HP and 18-inch rims is cool man .. but the thought of $149K for OMV25K puts me off....:ultrasho:.

july_08;620340 said:

Iceberg;620900 said:
Gee! Can't believe that gear-jerk still happens on F10.....

My E90 had same problem when got it new in 2007. After 2 firmwares update on gear management prog, they finally got it resolved in 2009.

Mmm...not sure whether they will ask the F10 owners to use the infamous 3M anti-friction tape on the door-frame to reduce the creaking noise over humps......The infamous door-creaking from E90.

Anyone has an Audi and experienced silly QC issues like Beemer?

The new A1 1.4 TSFI with 182HP and 18-inch rims is cool man .. but the thought of $149K for OMV25K puts me off....:ultrasho:.

ya..heard PA' aftersales services not bad..any audi drivbers care to comment?

davidtch;620480 said:
Tyre vibrate can be detected during test drive. Abnormal engine noise can also be detected. However, i am not sure what kind of engine noise you experienced.

Collected my car today , tyre issue = it's normal , wind noise = it's normal ... Engine noise = due to low timing setting and solved , steeling heavy = changed dunno wat switch , solved and vy light now : ) , headlight = looks no different but will observe , gear jerk = updated software & programme , need to observe cos too early to judge now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiss918art

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back