Flooded footwells!

leonzhu

Help! I've been frustrated by my E90 LCI 318i for 2 weeks now, with wet footwells.

All four footwells get wet as i drive, and due to the rainy weather they haven't been able to dry, leaving my car smelling like a wet locker room!

Suspected the air con, and went to 4 workshops to clear the drain hose repeatedly but it's draining water ok.

Suspected the door seals and paid to replace one of the door seals, but today the WHOLE CAR has wet footwells!

Anybody experienced this? What am i missing? The workshops all want me to leave the car for 2-3 days to remove the dash and centre console to fix the air con drainage, but they can't confirm that it's DEFINITELY the problem...

Argh!

Help! I've been frustrated by my E90 LCI 318i for 2 weeks now, with wet footwells.

All four footwells get wet as i drive, and due to the rainy weather they haven't been able to dry, leaving my car smelling like a wet locker room!

Suspected the air con, and went to 4 workshops to clear the drain hose repeatedly but it's draining water ok.

Suspected the door seals and paid to replace one of the door seals, but today the WHOLE CAR has wet footwells!

Anybody experienced this? What am i missing? The workshops all want me to leave the car for 2-3 days to remove the dash and centre console to fix the air con drainage, but they can't confirm that it's DEFINITELY the problem...

Argh!

I had the same experience before

Fixed at Rodney shop about 500

Sensor replaced and don’t something unplugged

Then center console taken out

Both sides fan dry

I had the same experience before

Fixed at Rodney shop about 500

Sensor replaced and don’t something unplugged

Then center console taken out

Both sides fan dry

How long did it take?

... Rodney's shop is which one? PM me pls.

Check if its from the seal of the door vapor barrier AKA Sound Insulating foam of your doors

Bro, thanks for the tip. Doors and door seals, sunroof and windscreen all checked and double checked for leaks already...

Air con also apparently draining correctly. Just verified again.

Really lost liao. Trying to find a place that can do the carpet drying on Sunday...

IT MAY BE THE RUBBER GROMMET COVERING THE STEERING AXLE HOLE FOR LEFT HAND-DRIVE CARS THAT HAS WORN OUT.
GOT THIS TIP FROM A 7-ER... PM ME IF YOU WANT THE NAME OF THE MECH THAT FIXED IT.....

IT MAY BE THE RUBBER GROMMET COVERING THE STEERING AXLE HOLE FOR LEFT HAND-DRIVE CARS THAT HAS WORN OUT.
GOT THIS TIP FROM A 7-ER... PM ME IF YOU WANT THE NAME OF THE MECH THAT FIXED IT.....

Have a friend with a 5-er who had wet footwells and it was also the LHD steeering axle hole grommet. it was worn out and letting water in. Not sure if it will lead to all 4 footwells being wet, but worth checking.

Did u mod your loudspeaker ?
Open your door cover & check the liner separating the glass window & inner cover.
The above will get u wet when it rains only.
If it gets wet anytime suggest u remove the aircon drainage flap underneath the car. The flap tends to stick when it gets hot. Works fine when cold.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88repair

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back