Fluid change intervals - 335i N55 DCT

Antman

Hi all,
Any views on the captioned? I've seen and heard many recommendations that for eg gearbox/diff fluids should be changed at say 50K (whereas BMW claims no need to ever change), engine oil should be changed every say 5-10K (BMW recommended intervals are longer), etc. Clearly this matters a lot for optimal performance and longevity. My car has an intake, charge pipe and JB4 tune, and my driving style is moderate. Thanks.

If I'm not wrong, BMW will not stop anyone changing the ATF. PML will do it if their customer asks. I would do at 50k km. Not sure about differential/axle oil as I never had any problem with axle on my BM...

My SA told me that ATF only needs to be changed for activehybrid (every 50k km), normal 335i & 535i doesn't require such changes.

Thanks guys.
Ffl - agree, I will probably do the same now at high40s or at next service, and probably drop oil every 10 at max, and do diff at some stage (small fix anyway).
Zac - aware of the standard line, think they are moving away from it, won't go into my theories on why they'd say lifetime but it cannot be logical/optimal. Suggest you Google topic and gauge for yourself.
I'll report back once change on impact.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky88co1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back