Forged rims with Dish

Re: Forged rims with Dish

Ahbengdriver;250333 said:
Is it light, reasonable or heavy if a dish rim weighs about...

front 19x8.5 - about 10.3 kg
rear 19x9.5 - about 10.9 kg

I would say that this is pretty light

19in rims between 10-11.5kg is considered light
anything below, ultra or SUPER Light.

Thanks TripleM and MeinAuto.

It seems that the one piece forged are always lighter than 2 or 3 piece forged with dish, which should make sense because more material are used.

For eg, after doing some research, I noticed 1 piece monoblock forged rims in 19x8.5 and 9.5 is about at the 8.7 to 9.2 kg level. Neez and Volks Racing is like that:cloud9: .

Fr the 2/3 piece forged, the same size of premium grade rims from reputable brands like HRE, Hyperforged, I-forged, DPE, BBS etc can be 10 to 11 kg. Of cos HRE has a competition range of 2 piece forged that is about 9.3 to 9.5kg in this size.

I understand unsprung weight plays a big part in car handling, but when u are already in these

if u try them all n butt sensitive, u shud be able to feel it
Else, I'd say go with the design u like and ignore the weights n price in question.

swee?

The more u search, there more dilemma u face..go with the proven tech n brand, can't go wrong.

Super Swee?

TripleM said:
Else, I'd say go with the design u like and ignore the weights n price in question.
Precisely.

Else Beng will be like hoXXXX - ending up choosing 500-ml milk packet over 1-litre packet and half-dozen eggs instead of a dozen when doing groceries - just to cut that few kilos, so that the weight of the car is relatively unscathed.

:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Hua Hee Tio Ho Lah !!!

kenntona;250623 said:
Precisely.

Else Beng will be like hoXXXX - ending up choosing 500-ml milk packet over 1-litre packet and half-dozen eggs instead of a dozen when doing groceries - just to cut that few kilos, so that the weight of the car is relatively unscathed.

:nehnehhh: :nehnehhh: :nehnehhh:

Hua Hee Tio Ho Lah !!!

Aaa...dont laugh at me leh. Unlike u got 335 to drive everyday, me scratching my bola everyday until skin almost coming off. So since I got nothing to do, me just read n analyse lor. Altho I admit I should add a middle name and call myself AhHoBeng...sounds good right. Like "a good beng"

Just to give u an example, even the BBS CH rims are like 10.5kg a piece... Light, it is but not ultra light. My 3-piece Iforged are about the same weight too.

TripleM;250504 said:
19in rims between 10-11.5kg is considered light
anything below, ultra or SUPER Light.

Pak

What is the weight of the 19 inch CSL rim that I have?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhatvipdate

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back