Foul Smell from air-con when turn on

Re: Foul Smell from air-con when turn on

Just the initial 5 second blast of warm mouldy smell each time I start my car.
After the cold air comes out, my nose do not smell the mouldy scent anymore(Maybe my nose is not sensitive enough in the cold air stream).

Each time on cool evenings when the top is down, I will blast the blower at full blast with the setting aiming at the windshield only. To 'dry' out the fins/condenser to prevent the bacteria growth.

Its a habit every day for me, I always wind down my windows when I get into the car, after driving out of my carpark for a while before I shut the windows.
I am still worried to breath in the moulds into my lungs every day when I start the car

sounds bad. i hope my ride will not have such issues with smelly air.
Was surprise PML ignore the situation and no fix for it.

totoseow;544632 said:
turn on ur a/c heater to maximum HOTNESS n maximum POWER. leave ur ignition on. but no need to engine start. run for 15mins for 2-3 days....hv a kopi nearby. this will kill the mold. if works....u buy toto kopi. if dun work....well if dun work, then errr htf i know?!

No need start engine, isn't it going to drain the battery power running it for 15mins? Battery may go kapok?

i am driving a e90, just got my ride 2 weeks ago. anyway, some time i experience the air suddenly turn smelly half way through driving..is it the same cause as some bro mentioned here? also, i abit blur in the aircon function, the round circle with and without the A, wad does it means? and there are 2 temperature settings, does it means the temperature for left and right side? sorry, pls advice . thanks

joeluvrol;551967 said:
i am driving a e90, just got my ride 2 weeks ago. anyway, some time i experience the air suddenly turn smelly half way through driving..is it the same cause as some bro mentioned here? also, i abit blur in the aircon function, the round circle with and without the A, wad does it means? and there are 2 temperature settings, does it means the temperature for left and right side? sorry, pls advice . thanks

the smelly air might enter ur car when that particular area ur driving pass is smelly.

the 2 round circles, if i am correct.
the circle without the A, is just to circulate the air in ur car
the circle with the A, is probably automatic circulation the air in ur car,where it sometime exchange air from outside? for fresh air?

the 2 temperature is for left and right, i keep mine both at 18.

oh...thanks..btw, when i off the engine, the OIL light is on..when i do a check, its say CHECK OK. what should I do?? also, other the PML, where can I find a reliable servicing and repair shop for our ride??

totoseow;544632 said:
turn on ur a/c heater to maximum HOTNESS n maximum POWER. leave ur ignition on. but no need to engine start. run for 15mins for 2-3 days....hv a kopi nearby. this will kill the mold. if works....u buy toto kopi. if dun work....well if dun work, then errr htf i know?!

Eh.. if engine dun start, aircon can switch on meh?

got this info from one of the mechanics who deals with aircon.

it is advisable to turn up the temperature until it blows out hot air,
and turn it on at full blast, for about 3 to 5 mins once every few months.
according to him, this will reduce the foul smell greatly as it heats/drys up all the stale reminence of whatever thats left trapped in the aircon filter and vents.

sounds logical, but i have yet to try cos very lazy. haha.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back