Foul Smell from Aircon

cliftony

Hello all,

I need advice to deal with this:

I have one-month-old 7 series and have encounted foul smell when I start the car every morning. Obviously this is linked to some condensation at the aircon system.

Performance Motor did some inspection, applied 'recommended" anti-bacteria spray, returned the car to me. But the problem does not go away.

Any of you have similar experience?

If they have to dismantle the entire dashboard to get to the root of the problem, why will be the side effect? As Dashboard is always factory fitted and I don't trust the local facility and expertise here.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Re: Foul Smell from Aircon

hi bro,i did encountered this problem and what i did was, switch the air con to hot and blast it high.leave it for awhile (abt 3-5mins) then switch back to normal.guess that wil do the trick.....at least it did it for me!.....good luck!

Thank you! I will try tomorrow.

But they do have atitude problem. I left them a voice mail, of course a hard one, and I heard no response till now.:furious:

cliftony;155608 said:
Hello all,

I need advice to deal with this:

I have one-month-old 7 series and have encounted foul smell when I start the car every morning. Obviously this is linked to some condensation at the aircon system.

Performance Motor did some inspection, applied 'recommended" anti-bacteria spray, returned the car to me. But the problem does not go away.

Any of you have similar experience?

If they have to dismantle the entire dashboard to get to the root of the problem, why will be the side effect? As Dashboard is always factory fitted and I don't trust the local facility and expertise here.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Check this thread out... hope it helps..

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interior-section/2467-mouldy-odour-c.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tramvanhoc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back