Frequent "coolant level" low warning alert

Re: Frequent "coolant level" low warning alert

I usually buy coolant premix to top up, at most distilled water.
But never normal water.

How does the Halfords sealant work? I just sent in my car to PML, and they quoted $2,900 to change the radiator and hoses, because the leak is pretty bad.

pohls;1013479 said:
How does the Halfords sealant work? I just sent in my car to PML, and they quoted $2,900 to change the radiator and hoses, because the leak is pretty bad.

Don't think it works for big leaks. You should check with some of our site sponsors here. I replaced the radiator, hoses and coolant expansion tank on my E60 a few years ago for much less.

just encounter this problem on thursday. got the warning sign that the coolant is low. after i parked my car, i waited for a few hours before i opened up the coolant tank to check and this was what i saw.

20150521_002123_zpsczrxqhor.jpg

so i topped up with slightly more than 1L of coolant which i bought off the shelf in petrol station.

Topped up 1L
20150521_002502_zps2qwhnq1q.jpg

Topped up slightly more
20150521_010118_zps6frnhpqs.jpg

after 1 day of driving and 1 day of parking, i checked the coolant level before driving again this evening and noticed that the coolant level has gone down quite significantly.

20150522_181055_zps2qnpeqxa.jpg

think somewhere is leaking though i didn't observe any green stains anywhere around the bonnet. gonna bring in car to PML in the morning. hopefully they are able to rectify for me... without costing a BOMB. sigh.

Had this problem initially with my F30. Went to service centre at Kg. Arang. Was told by service advisor on a possible coolant pipe leak. After replacement, its bright and sunny again. Best of all.......foc!

just bring to R2D .. its pretty common and they can fix the leak without costing a bomb

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FemiProreview

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back