Front splitter

Re: Front splitter

Heya mates, it's OEM from BMW. Had them ordered in from the US. Fitting's perfect and the CF pattern's just something to oogle at.

As for the price it's just under a grand (SGD) for the pair.

Checked out with PML for the cost of it and they could not give an exact amount, just an estimate of about 1.6k per piece! This is based on the pre-LCI M-Aerokit bumper as they do not have this item in their local inventory listing yet.

Think someone was selling a pair of CF splitters for the LCI M-Aerokit bumper in our forum too, not sure if it's OEM or replica tho. Anyone managed to pick it up?

bro, sorry to mistaken that these are replica.
the taiwan vendors in e90post.com are selling the replica for USD$299 (a pair) shipped to singapore.

jnoelq;482698 said:
Heya mates, it's OEM from BMW. Had them ordered in from the US. Fitting's perfect and the CF pattern's just something to oogle at.

As for the price it's just under a grand (SGD) for the pair.

Checked out with PML for the cost of it and they could not give an exact amount, just an estimate of about 1.6k per piece! This is based on the pre-LCI M-Aerokit bumper as they do not have this item in their local inventory listing yet.

Think someone was selling a pair of CF splitters for the LCI M-Aerokit bumper in our forum too, not sure if it's OEM or replica tho. Anyone managed to pick it up?

1.6k per piece! WTF PML carrot cake white building faced !@#$%^&*()_+

jnoelq, thanks for sharing.

for LCI CF mirror cover, my last check was $800 a piece exclude installation
must give credit to pml pricing to deter owner from buying accessories from them :thumbsup: ... hahaha (sarcasm)

but when it comes to offers in POJ ... not bad la :dance:

acupunch;482711 said:
1.6k per piece! WTF PML carrot cake white building faced !@#$%^&*()_+

jnoelq, thanks for sharing.

to begin with full carbon fibre (not carbon fibre laminate) are not cheap. plus markup can come to a hefty some

Slater;482742 said:
to begin with full carbon fibre (not carbon fibre laminate) are not cheap. plus markup can come to a hefty some

True true, just to add, BMW Performance did a really neat 'trick', if I can call it, by laminating the product info & authentification stamp together with the carbon fiber unit (on the reverse side of it), so it is embeded within.

First impressions upon holding the piece in my hand, something so uber light can cost quite a hefty sum.

Pure indulgence of lightness.

jnoelq;482824 said:
True true, just to add, BMW Performance did a really neat 'trick', if I can call it, by laminating the product info & authentification stamp together with the carbon fiber unit (on the reverse side of it), so it is embeded within.

First impressions upon holding the piece in my hand, something so uber light can cost quite a hefty sum.

Pure indulgence of lightness.
u pay for quality basically.

most of the BMW performance carbon fiber its using dry carbon process. so it very thin, strong and light. its different from those real carbon wrap type.

acupunch;482839 said:
most of the BMW performance carbon fiber its using dry carbon process. so it very thin, strong and light. its different from those real carbon wrap type.
so is that good or bad?

copy&paste from e90post.com. my layman understanding is dry carbon is more superior.

DRY CARBON vs WET CARBON

Many people do not realize what the difference between wet carbon fiber and dry carbon fiber, and sometimes the carbon fiber product they are purchasing is not entirely carbon fiber. People always judge the product just by the price, they do not understand the equipment, raw material and making mold are all different.

Dry carbon fiber is made in a pre-preg and dry process which consists of vacuum forming sheet of carbon fiber into a mold at temperatures around 350¢K, this process allows carbon fiber to form into a strong and lightweight composite.

On the other hand, wet carbon fiber is formed by using hand laid carbon fiber sheets into a mold then mixed with resin (30% carbon fiber, 70%resin). This process may allow air pockets form inside, then makes the wet carbon fiber structure weak and also is susceptible to changes in temperature.

We can usually notice the difference between them by looking at the surface of the material. Dry carbon fiber surfaces are smooth and show no air bubble pockets. In contrast, wet carbon fiber is wavy and air bubble pockets are noticeable. Because of the molding process, dry carbon fiber cost more to produce than wet carbon fiber.

my replica side mirror cover its dry carbon process product. i'm impressed by the made, fitment, quality, and prices. for 20% of the OEM price nothing i can compliant abt. still looking for a similar made for my front m-aerodynamic splitter. so far most of it its wet carbon. :(

BOOMZ

acupunch;482850 said:
my replica side mirror cover its dry carbon process product. i'm impressed by the made, fitment, quality, and prices. for 20% of the OEM price nothing i can compliant abt. still looking for a similar made for my front m-aerodynamic splitter. so far most of it its wet carbon. :(

BOOMZ
i think for ur mtec kit its already very low and aggressive. somehow adding splitters onto it does not compliment the look. think ur current look is better

wt_know;482842 said:
copy&paste from e90post.com. my layman understanding is dry carbon is more superior.

DRY CARBON vs WET CARBON

Many people do not realize what the difference between wet carbon fiber and dry carbon fiber, and sometimes the carbon fiber product they are purchasing is not entirely carbon fiber. People always judge the product just by the price, they do not understand the equipment, raw material and making mold are all different.

Dry carbon fiber is made in a pre-preg and dry process which consists of vacuum forming sheet of carbon fiber into a mold at temperatures around 350¢K, this process allows carbon fiber to form into a strong and lightweight composite.

On the other hand, wet carbon fiber is formed by using hand laid carbon fiber sheets into a mold then mixed with resin (30% carbon fiber, 70%resin). This process may allow air pockets form inside, then makes the wet carbon fiber structure weak and also is susceptible to changes in temperature.

We can usually notice the difference between them by looking at the surface of the material. Dry carbon fiber surfaces are smooth and show no air bubble pockets. In contrast, wet carbon fiber is wavy and air bubble pockets are noticeable. Because of the molding process, dry carbon fiber cost more to produce than wet carbon fiber.

Thanks for the info mate and for shedding light on this technological marvel.

So when's your pair coming?

Heh thought I'd ask since you started the thread.

Slater;482851 said:
i think for ur mtec kit its already very low and aggressive. somehow adding splitters onto it does not compliment the look. think ur current look is better

thanks. my understanding is the splitter will not lower the front much, maybe additional 3cm. but 3D lips yes. much lower.

check out bimshop, propel auto, kbs, etc from the sponsors page

bmw greenhorn;595054 said:
Dear all,

Can anyone out there tell me where to get the front splitter ?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcfd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back