• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

FS: Laptop computer (Cheap!)

aaronlkl

Hi all, m selling my DELL Inspiron 2650 as i've just bought a new one. In good working condition with no cosmetic defects. Selling for only $680 or offer a reasonable price.

- Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.7 Ghz
- Genuine Window XP Home Edition
- 128MB SDram
- 20GB HDD
- 14.1" TFT Display
- CD Rom/ 1.44" floppy Drive
- V.92 modem/ LAN
- Ethernet
- Carrying Case

Re: FS: Laptop computer (Cheap!)

bro sorry i am not good of computer may i know how old the set and it is had y 5

bump for ur sales.
But seriously ur price for ur spec is super high. cheers.

kelvin;270061 said:
bro sorry i am not good of computer may i know how old the set and it is had y 5
bro its around 4 to 5 yrs old. Hardly used though. Price is nego and m open to any reasonable offers. Cheers..

iScoupe;270075 said:
bump for ur sales.
But seriously ur price for ur spec is super high. cheers.
Bro check out those used laptop at Sim Lim and u will appreciate my post. Cheers..

eh bro, hate to disappoint, but for $800, u can probably get a new Core Duo 1.66, 1gb ram with 80gb harddisk... for ur dell's specs and age, you shud be looking at around 200-250 for the unit.

as for those 2nd hand shops in sim lim, if u were to compare specs to specs, ull realise 680 can probably get a 1-2yr old first generation Core 2 Duo 1.66 notebook... just my opinion, no offence :D

Smugglers;270628 said:
eh bro, hate to disappoint, but for $800, u can probably get a new Core Duo 1.66, 1gb ram with 80gb harddisk... for ur dell's specs and age, you shud be looking at around 200-250 for the unit.

as for those 2nd hand shops in sim lim, if u were to compare specs to specs, ull realise 680 can probably get a 1-2yr old first generation Core 2 Duo 1.66 notebook... just my opinion, no offence :D
Bro u looking at laptop or desktop? U sure u can get a new laptop with OS for $800? Just wondering which shop is selling at that price? My bro is planning to get a basic one. As for my used set, i'm willing to let go at $500 nett cash and carry. Final price! cheers...

go simlim, try the bigger companies like MC2, Newstead, PA Mart etc etc. most of the time they will have "crowd puller" models for $7xx-$9xx... most of them nowadays will come with Vista Basic and entry coreduo or mid-ranged centrino for tt price. look arnd the 3rd or 4th floor in SLS... btw if ur bro not tt fussy abt used sets, can always find good 2nd hand deals arnd tt work perfectly well.

aaronlkl;270639 said:
Bro u looking at laptop or desktop? U sure u can get a new laptop with OS for $800? Just wondering which shop is selling at that price? My bro is planning to get a basic one. As for my used set, i'm willing to let go at $500 nett cash and carry. Final price! cheers...

bro, if u r not anti acer product, u can gt a brand new set with core dual at ur price range S$800-S$900 for a basic laptop with windows vista home basic os.

aaronlkl;270052 said:
Hi all, m selling my DELL Inspiron 2650 as i've just bought a new one. In good working condition with no cosmetic defects. Selling for only $680 or offer a reasonable price. Pls contact me at 91194194.

- 128MB SDram
- 20GB HDD
- 14.1" TFT Display
- V.92 modem/ LAN
- Ethernet
- Carrying Case

some bros here quoted that a brand new laptop wif OS costs $700 to $900 at some shops but my cousins who is looking for a new laptop recently pop by and the best price he can get is abt $1100 from the so called recommended shops. cheers

now that u mentioned it, saw this in today's straits times

SITEX notebooks under $1k

packard bell F0336-095, $788 (windows home vista premium)
prestigo W341, $999 (win xp pro)
maybe got some more better deals at SITEX

can ask your cousins to go there to shop for their new laptop, or look for some student deals if they are students.

good luck with your sale, hope u find someone who matches your price.

err.. bro.. think i saw a same spec one on an ad at my bus stop.. selling at 400 bucks xp pro.. fujitsu somemore.. refurbished.. and now asus brand new one coming out with SSD le.. shock proof drive and running on linux/ celeron but beats your load time coz only 10 sec boot up.. 8 times your ram and is only 0.92kg.. 600sing dollar with warranty.. its more like dishing out part of a banana from a banana shake and trying to sell it off as banana.. i rather u keep this laptop as a coaster than to sell it at such a price. no offense in metaphors.

aaronlkl;270052 said:
Hi all, m selling my DELL Inspiron 2650 as i've just bought a new one. In good working condition with no cosmetic defects. Selling for only $680 or offer a reasonable price. Pls contact me at 91194194.

- 128MB SDram
- 20GB HDD
- 14.1" TFT Display
- V.92 modem/ LAN
- Ethernet
- Carrying Case

Wake up...

aaronlkl;270639 said:

Wake up......

aaronlkl;272352 said:
some bros here quoted that a brand new laptop wif OS costs $700 to $900 at some shops but my cousins who is looking for a new laptop recently pop by and the best price he can get is abt $1100 from the so called recommended shops. cheers

Wake up.........

Alvin Chiang
Fri, Nov 16, 2007
The New Paper

He ships laptop but hasn't got his money

HE knew about Nigerian scams but didn't think twice about selling a used laptop to a buyer in Nigeria.
After all, he figured, what do Nigerian scams have to do with selling something on the Internet?
Big mistake.
Instead of the $1,000 he had hoped to receive, he could end up losing his wife's used IBM ThinkPad laptop.
The businessman, who wants to be known only as Daryn, also paid about $310 to deliver it to an address in Lagos, the most populous city in Nigeria.
After he found out that the buyer was not going to pay him, he told SingPost to intercept the delivery, for which he has to pay another $310.
SingPost is still waiting for a response from the Nigerian postal services. But if the laptop has already been delivered, Daryn can kiss it goodbye.
When he put up the two-year-old ThinkPad, which he bought for $2,500, on Yahoo Auctions on 2 Nov, a 'Mrs Juliet Jones' contacted him using online instant messaging.
Mrs Jones, who said she lived in London, was the only bidder and the deal was closed within a few days. She told Daryn that she wanted the laptop to be sent to her son in Nigeria.
On 7 Nov, he received an e-mail that looked like a message from PayPal, a popular online payment system.
It stated that Ms Jones had transferred the payment to his account and he would receive the money once he can show the laptop has been sent to the recipient.
It turned out later the e-mail was not from PayPal.
Daryn said: 'The e-mail looked authentic. It has the PayPal banner and e-mail address. So I had no reason to think it wasn't from PayPal.'
So he went ahead and sent the laptop to Nigeria through SingPost a week ago.
Out of goodwill, he even agreed to pay the postage costs as Mrs Jones said she would pay the balance once the computer reached her son.
When no money was deposited into his PayPal account, Daryn sent PayPal several e-mails to check.
When he contacted Mrs Jones, she apologised and said she could transfer the money directly to Daryn's bank account.
At the same time, she asked if Daryn could sell jewellery to 'my wife' living in the US.
'This set off alarm bells as I thought Juliet Jones was a woman. So how can she have a wife?' said Daryn.
He checked with PayPal again and was told the e-mail dated 7 Nov was a fake.
Daryn's wife said: 'It's unsettling that someone can fake an e-mail message from PayPal. We've heard of the Nigerian scam before.
'But we didn't know we would become victims of Internet fraud as sending the laptop to Nigeria had nothing to do with the Nigerian scam.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe aaron can check with "Mrs Jones" if her son needs another laptop in Nigeria? I would think she'll probably take it off his hands for $1000...

went to SITEX today...sad to say but is the truth... ur notebook can keep for museum if u wanna sell @tat price... maybe $300 still need to consider awhile....
Seriously technology advance so fast in mths.. urs is 4-5yrs..
nobody use - Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.7 Ghz anymore...
- 128MB SDram, 20GB HDD, 14.1" TFT Display, CD Rom/ 1.44" floppy Drive is out !

Now minimum Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor, 1GB DDR II RAM, 120GB HDD !
with Genuine Mircosoft Window Vista Home Premium & 14.1" WXGA colour TFT LCD. dun even mention the 3D graphic card. AND the best part less than $1000. Is a NOTEBOOK not DESKTOP :)

Thanks for the valuable feedbacks/comments from all bros who replied. No doubt the sitex does offers cheap new laptops. I personally make a trip down to Sim Lim today to check out prices of used laptop and i think its reasonable to sell at $500 as in compared to its present condition and spec of a used laptop. If $500 is unreasonble or so called "chop head price", those shop at Sim Lim should hv closed down long time ago or dun even hv to exist!!!

For those who r really keen to buy, Kindly make a trip to Sim Lim to check out more on price/condition of used laptops. No point challeging each other here, wasting my time reading some childish comments from some jokers.. ;) Thanks for those bros who gave friendly feedbacks/comments, price has been brought down from $680 to $500nett. Will only reply to serious buyers from now on. NO OFFENCES TO ANYONE. Cheers!!!:)

heys guys, just let aaronlkl sell his laptop in peace....he wanna sell at $500, so be it.
let him wait for the serious buyer to come along.............................................

this is my last post here....good luck with the sale

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8singles
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back