• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

FS: Laptop computer (Cheap!)

Re: FS: Laptop computer (Cheap!)

aaronlkl;272733 said:
Thanks for the valuable feedbacks/comments from all bros who replied. No doubt the sitex does offers cheap new laptops. I personally make a trip down to Sim Lim today to check out prices of used laptop and i think its reasonable to sell at $500 as in compared to its present condition and spec of a used laptop. If $500 is unreasonble or so called "chop head price", those shop at Sim Lim should hv closed down long time ago or dun even hv to exist!!!

For those who r really keen to buy, Kindly make a trip to Sim Lim to check out more on price/condition of used laptops. No point challeging each other here, wasting my time reading some childish comments from some jokers.. ;) Thanks for those bros who gave friendly feedbacks/comments, price has been brought down from $680 to $500nett. Will only reply to serious buyers from now on. NO OFFENCES TO ANYONE. Cheers!!!:)

joker, take a look and reflect on your first post and your repeated denials. GOOD LUCK.

oh has it occurred to you that you should probably bring your laptop down to simlim to get some quotations from the 2nd hand dealer? probably it would be a fairer reflection of the value. as for the jokers part, on my part and i believe for pilotsnoopy as well, we mean no harm whatsoever and whatever we say, its all meant to help you to arrive at a reasonable price. becurz honestly, i do believe you are comparing your dell to some other notebooks of higher specifications. a fair valuation would be whatever the 2nd hand dealer quotes you + a reasonable premium as the "dealer's profit margin". (btw sim lim 2nd hand shops enjoy a higher GP becurz they pay rent ranging from $8000-$12000 a mth for the smallest unit)

given the specs, i would agree with bro PS tt you shouldnt be looking at anything more than 300 becurz its virtually unfeasible and the only applications that are actually usable on such a notebook would be nothing more than solitaire, minesweeper etc...load in any software tts current and it will hang on you. i do believe thats a major part of the reason why you changed your notebook in the first place :)

so the bottom line is, get a few 2nd hand dealers to quote you, then add a premium of say $50? $100? and you should be looking at that price, nothing more.... thats my personal opinion. cheers!!

it might help to sell the parts on their own instead of the whole thing...older kind of ram and parts prices actually do have a demand...then again...its not so convenient for a seller whom isnt a dealer.

sszone;272735 said:
heys guys, just let aaronlkl sell his laptop in peace....he wanna sell at $500, so be it.
let him wait for the serious buyer to come along.............................................

this is my last post here....good luck with the sale

lol.. good luck.. he needs it..

lol.............i think got ppl want to buy ur laptop 500
not $500 in rm500....maybe.....

Smugglers;272742 said:
oh has it occurred to you that you should probably bring your laptop down to simlim to get some quotations from the 2nd hand dealer? probably it would be a fairer reflection of the value. as for the jokers part, on my part and i believe for pilotsnoopy as well, we mean no harm whatsoever and whatever we say, its all meant to help you to arrive at a reasonable price. becurz honestly, i do believe you are comparing your dell to some other notebooks of higher specifications. a fair valuation would be whatever the 2nd hand dealer quotes you + a reasonable premium as the "dealer's profit margin". (btw sim lim 2nd hand shops enjoy a higher GP becurz they pay rent ranging from $8000-$12000 a mth for the smallest unit)

given the specs, i would agree with bro PS tt you shouldnt be looking at anything more than 300 becurz its virtually unfeasible and the only applications that are actually usable on such a notebook would be nothing more than solitaire, minesweeper etc...load in any software tts current and it will hang on you. i do believe thats a major part of the reason why you changed your notebook in the first place :)

so the bottom line is, get a few 2nd hand dealers to quote you, then add a premium of say $50? $100? and you should be looking at that price, nothing more.... thats my personal opinion. cheers!!

lol.. solitaire.. classic.. seriously.. keep it.. use it for linux or something else..worse to worse, use your laptop as a coffee table.. it'll last longer.. the cd rom tray can act as your ashtray.. but who knows.. 20 years down the road, the museum may want it and offer u S$1000 for historic value.. good luck with that.. and forgive us for trying to give u intelligent advices..

BryanW;273464 said:
y everybody like so rude and unfriendly?

lol.. coz the joker is calling the public jokers for trying to give him some advice.

Unregistered;274050 said:
lol.. coz the joker is calling the public jokers for trying to give him some advice.
preciseleeee..... we din even laugh..

Didn't log on for sometime since i last replied..I didn't know my thread is so popular here..haha.. U guys made me laugh my head off.. really made my day. OK just to update u guys, That laptop was sold at $500!!!! Oh yes.... S$500!!!!!!!!!!!!! to a gentleman from a budget car forum couple of months ago. My objective is met. Wat abt u? haha..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8singles
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back