FS: motoring icon 1985 Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe

foxfrc5

Hi everyone

Am reviving the sale to see if there is someone who will have more time to use and enjoy my car, the last remaining Singapore "ur-quattro", or Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe. Those of you who have seen the car can testify that it is in truly immaculate condition, never driven in the rain, etc.

There were only 11,452 built (partially by hand) from 1980 to 1991, and 3 were known to be have been brought into Singapore (the other 2 were scrapped and totalled in 1997 and 1999 respectively).

YOM: 1985
COE: renewed at around S$12k until May 2015
Number of owners: 2 (I have owned it for the past 10 years)
Mileage: genuine 75,000 km from new
Engine: 10V "WR” 2,144 cc turbocharged inline 5-cylinder with intercooler and computerised digital ignition
Drivetrain: quattro® permanent 4-wheel drive with manually lockable front and rear differentials
Horsepower: 200 bhp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 213 ft-lb @ 3500 rpm
Performance: 0-100 km in 6.9 seconds
Fuel tank capacity: 90 litres
Wheels: original 8” X 15” Ronals with +24 offset (have 6 of these and a set of 4 custom made Simmons 2-piece mesh design wheels in the same size)
Tyres: Bridgestone RE-55S semi-slicks in original 215/50/15 fitment (just fitted; please check with Bridgestone for warning on wet weather use)

Others: original owner’s manual, Bentley service manual, VAG parts guide, VAG parts microfilm, extensive service history file dating back to 1995, past road tax discs and Vicom certificates, miscellaneous ur-quattro and Audi paraphernalia including past local magazine coverage on this car

The car has never been to Malaysia, is accident free, completely stock and period correct except for:
Local fit aircon installed by Champion Motors
Larger Audi S2 radiator installed by Motor Ultima
Supersprint rear exhaust box installed by Fong Kim
IU unit installed by LTA (!)
Sony CDX-910 CD player, 4 channel amp, Bosch internal antenna (original retractable antenna is still there but disconnected) and MB Quart speakers in original speaker locations (no cutting; original Blaupunkt radio cassette with the snakehead EQ will be included) installed by Swift Motion
Front seats and sun visors retrimmed by Hap Li in 2005
Paintwork refreshed by Lim Yew Boo in 2005 (Mr Lim repainted the car for the first owner in 1995, which explains his signature Maranello Red instead of Audi’s Tornado Red)

Suppliers I use:
CarWorks (regular Zymol)
AM Cars, UK (parts and advice)
Dialynx, UK (parts and advice)
Premium Auto (parts)
Xin Zhong (parts)
BVO Automotive (service)
Chin Wah (tyres and batteries)
Moto Aire (aircon)
Nam Sing (aircon)
South East Asia Motor (wheel alignment)

I’m looking for serious offers of circa S$100k. Please note there will be no test drives, as I do not have comprehensive insurance (not available for older cars). I am keeping the retained E series registration number.

The car has just been advertised through Autoincsports:
May 1985 Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe

Please PM me or contact Ben or Jo at Autoincsports if interested.

Thanks for reading this long post. Photos will follow.

Re: FS: motoring icon 1985 Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe

S11-001.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/foxfrc5/Forums Ur-quattro/S11-001.jpg

S11-002.jpg

S11-004.jpg

Interestingly enough, there've been quite a few magazine articles on the ur-quattro and the rare LHD Sport Quattro in recent months:
- Thoroughbred and Classic Cars: November 2007
- Octane: Issue 55, January 2008 (Buyer's guide)
- Octane: Issue 57, March 2008
- Performance Car: Issue 1, March 2008
- Practical Performance Car: Issue 46, February 2008
- Car: Issue 548, April 2008
- Classic and Sport Car: May 2008
- Car: Issue 549, May 2008

Fun reads for those into '80s cars and/ or rallying.

this guy probably wipes his cars down with diapers... his cars are truely a sight to behold...
*MINT*

a real beauty....

as for the E30, nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
why is there so many on sale just after I bought mine last month??

Thanks, guys!

Edited the above list of magazine articles. Was looking through some recent magazines and realised there were more articles than I thought.

Yet another article on the newstand today -- cover story this time -- so here's the lastest list of magazine articles on the ur-quattro and the rare LHD Sport Quattro from recent months:
- Thoroughbred and Classic Cars: November 2007
- Octane: Issue 55, January 2008 (Buyer's guide)
- Octane: Issue 57, March 2008
- Performance Car: Issue 1, March 2008
- Practical Performance Car: Issue 46, February 2008
- Car: Issue 548, April 2008
- Practical Performance Car: Issue 48, April 2008 (Cover story)
- Classic and Sport Car: May 2008
- Car: Issue 549, May 2008

Think the recent interest is due to a TV series in the UK called Ashes to Ashes which stars a red ur-quattro.

Fun reads for those into '80s cars and/ or rallying. :)

How could you, fox?

It must be selling your wife ... no, let me rephrase that, it must be like trading in your mistress.

C'mon, guys. Here's your chance to own the "ur," the original. The car that WRXs and other road going 4WDs should bow down to. Great example of a modern classic. A rare sight nowadays and already a collectible here in Oz.

Hi PerverTT

I just filled up the tank last week -- the previous time this car visited the gas station was sometime last year, which means that it's done around 300 km since mid or Q3 2007. I just hardly use it these days, and am hoping someone will be able to enjoy it more. Of course, if I can't find a buyer, then I'll just hang on to it. It's been relatively problem-free in the ten years I have had it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ok365top

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back