Fuel Consumption for E60

Re: Fuel Consumption for E60

heerajs;276098 said:
yesterday my fuel comsumption was 6.7km/L.

Bro Sjlim how come your fuel consumption is so different?

Bro,

Is this figure from your OBC, or manually calculated? My figures are all manually calculated, as I think they are more accurate.

It could also be that you are more heavy-footed than me? I've never felt the need to rev my car beyond 4K rpm. :oops:

sjlim;276224 said:
Bro,

Is this figure from your OBC, or manually calculated? My figures are all manually calculated, as I think they are more accurate.

It could also be that you are more heavy-footed than me? I've never felt the need to rev my car beyond 4K rpm. :oops:

Bro its from my OBC.
No wonder.I guess i am heavy footed thats why the diff.
I even checked with PML they told me my FC was normal.:nehnehhh:

heerajs;276222 said:
Bro but even when i drive to kl my car's best fuel consumtion would be 7.3km/l

Hi Guys, anyone consider what tyres size you're in?
Tyre's pressure too play a vital role on consumption, especially now running on run flat tyre with stiffer side walls.

Hope that help :)

bhp;276695 said:
Hi Guys, anyone consider what tyres size you're in?
Tyre's pressure too play a vital role on consumption, especially now running on run flat tyre with stiffer side walls.

Hope that help :)

Bro my tires are totally stock. Rulflat tyres with 17inch rims.

heerajs;276942 said:
Bro my tires are totally stock. Rulflat tyres with 17inch rims.

Hi there, do check the pressure reading in your tyres.
See if they're within the recommended pressure.
17 inch should be around 2.2 bar

Suggest also you reset your OBC to re-calculate the consumption rate.

Hope that help. Cheers dude.

Marko-polo, i thk u should change ur avatar liao..

Just got my 523 LCI and have clocked about 1000km so far. Still running in the car and keeping revs and speed low. Normally do 70% highway and OBC currently reads 10.8l/100km which translates to 9.2km/l. I'm on 19" rims.

Was alone this morning and as it was kinda cool, I reset the journey comp and drove with AC off. Did a 23km run with about 16 to 17km on the PIE. Traffic was smooth, and at the end, journey comp read 7.0l/100km!

I am getting around 8.5 ~ 9.2 km/l basing on 50/50 highway and city driving for my 3 months old ride. Everything are stock in my ride.

Just curious, are you guys encountering "some noise" on your door panels when on the move? I understand that this is one of the problem of the 5 series and need to change the rubber seal but never expect so fast :furious:

22tang;278954 said:
I am getting around 8.5 ~ 9.2 km/l basing on 50/50 highway and city driving for my 3 months old ride. Everything are stock in my ride.

Just curious, are you guys encountering "some noise" on your door panels when on the move? I understand that this is one of the problem of the 5 series and need to change the rubber seal but never expect so fast :furious:

Yes bro i experienced the same. They changed the rubber seal plus some tape(forgot what its called)

heerajs;279036 said:
Yes bro i experienced the same. They changed the rubber seal plus some tape(forgot what its called)

Bro, is it rectify now? How old was your ride?

22tang;279305 said:
Bro, is it rectify now? How old was your ride?

The rattling isgone now but i can hear a slight bit increase in the road(outside) noise/
My ride is 3 mths old.:)

noise u guys experienced when travelling on the highway especially?

its wind noise.... from what i know no permanent solution....

as for changing rubber seals i doubt it will work because rubber seals have a life span...

another alternative is to slowly cut and paste little sponge ( or those anti slip mat that they sell in petrol kiosk) get a big piece and stick is around the door seals...will help on cracking and probably wind noise...then again these are not permanent....

be careful on lubricating the door seals with lube....once smudged the painwork its a pain in the ass to clean...

Got my 525 today. Read the manual and stated use RON95. So any diff using RON95 and 98? I mean the FC? RON95 good enough for the engine as stated, as in protection?

Thanxs!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportpics

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back