Funny noise from aircon of E46 318 N42

drift838

Hi,

My car (4yr old & 50k km BMW 318) has recently developed louder than usual gaseous noise from the aircon system (e.g. sss..sss.. gas movement noise) from behind the dashboard.

Is this normal? The aircon is still cold but am just afraid if it's a sign of things to come. And are there any usual wear and tear item that I got to replace?

Need advice from the pros what else to look out for and when to take any action.

Thanks.

Re: Funny noise from aircon of E46 318 N42

Hi !

I have the same problem before, complaint to PML and they changed the Cooling coil, Drier and Expansion Valve under warranty :)

The hissing sound is a sign of Air-con gas not enough or leakage.

May be you can go fill-up the Air-con gas and monitor for few weeks.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info.

Believe that this will require removal of the steering wheel, dash board... etc to have the parts replace.
Wah... massive job man, and PML is bounc to scratch or damage something in the process... sianzz

Thanks for the advice.

i am having the same problem now with my aircon.. is there anyway to check whether the aircon gas is enough? cause my dealer said he topped up the gas for me before handing over the car.

i therefore assume 2 things, either 1. he didnt top up to the max (is that even possible?) or 2. there is a leak (gosh i hope not..)

Unlikely that if the dealer pumped gas for you, he stopped at the 1/2 way mark.

The exact same noise appeared in my car recently and I had to do this:

Bare2.jpg

The rest of the pics are here:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-whats-happening-my-bmw/14857-aircon-coil-replacement-pics.html

ah crap.. that looks like a lot of work and a lot of money..

luckily, i called my dealer and he gave me a number of this workshop to call. if anything wrong, or need replacement etc my dealer said his dealership will foot the bill.. phew!

can intro me da contacts? thnx

Be sure the dealer re-fit the console or panel properly otherwise you will expect to hear creaks into the cabin when ride over uneven road

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back