Funny Warning Lights on Engine Oil & Seat Belts

Mark_Twain

Hi Pals,

I was driving my 2 months old E60 523i yesterday when the warning lights came on with some message like: "Restraint System Error: Seat Belt limiters/Air Bag may not be working.....".

When I parked my car and off the engine and then On it again, the warning lights disappeared and didn't reappear. Any problem with the seat belt or air bag?

Today, while I was driving near home, the Engine Oil warning lights appear and asked me to top 1L of engine oil. But my car is only 2 months old with 2,300km mileage only. Thought I will only need to top up around 10,000km? Tried to park the car and let it cool for 10 min before switching on the car. Warning lights gone, but check the screen for the engine oil and it still shows "top up engine oil"....

Topped up with the given 1L engine oil and the screen show "Engine Oil OK" after another 10min rest. Weird?? Is it normal that the car need to be topped with Engine Oil after only 2,300km mileage?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Re: Funny Warning Lights on Engine Oil & Seat Belts

Contacted the technical support in PML.

He said that it is normal for the high viscosity engine oil (0-40W) to go down fast during the run-in period.

Anyone has similar experience of topping up engine oil at 2000km mileage?

during the run-in period, engine oil will be 'consumed' at a higher rate. it's normal. but 1L within 2,300km is on the high side.

for the seat belt warning, it could be loose connectors or faulty sensors. get the PML blokes to check it soonest (safety first).

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Have poured in 1L of the engine oil and will observe over the next few days. The engine oil indicator on the iDrive now show "Engine Oil OK". Was quite worried that it will turn "Engine Oil Overfilled" but it didn't. Have checked the area around the cap and didn't see any oil stains as well. Guess PML might not have filled sufficient engine oil before I took my car. :ehhh:

As for the "Restraint System Error" message, it didn't appear any more after that day, and I will probably send in to check at PML next week to be safe.

Thanks again! :)

Same thingh happened for my e90......but the first BMW guy said topup, then another BMW guy said dont top-up as although the indicator flashed it did not specifically say topup 1L yet.

Hi,

can anyone help me with this.

My dad's E65 has this indicator light on after he accidently accessed the idrive menus.

Does anyone know what TMC means? I've tried searching but there are no results.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality18
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back