Futsal (Street Soccer) - Turf City - 8th May WEDNESDAY

Re: Futsal (Street Soccer) - Turf City - 8th May WEDNESDAY

1) toto
2) Matt
3) Adrian
4) Nic
5) m o n o
6) hengsome (cnfrm going but not cnfrm playing)
7) Kenntona
8. Shev
9) Allan
10) Tan Yi Hao
11) Ray
12) Eric
13) Angel Tan Zhi Ying 1
14) Angel Tan Zhi Ying 2
15) Mark
16) Justin
17) Clarence
18. Kelvin
19)
20)
21) Ben
22)
23) Marcus (tentative)
24) Terry ( tentative)

Standby ambulance

Kenn driving hearse, don't worry.

dunno about u guys..but im sick n tired of a few things. most of us hv been playing futsal for a few years...with the longest being for 9 yrs?

yet week in week out is the same thing. im really annoyed.

if u cannot attack, play midfield. if u r not fit to play mid pls defend. if u cant defend, play in goal.

if u r attacking....u harrass. u chase....n for gods sake play on the side where ur legs work. if u cant kicking with that fking left leg...stop going to the left hoping to cut in n whack with ur right. if u r attacking, it doesnt mean u dun hv defensive duties.

if u r playing in the middle u mark ur fking man when the front guy is doing the harrassing...so that everyone is tightly marked. so that the front guy is not chasing to a waste. n yes u still hv to defend. standing 2m away from ur player is not marking. u r trying to take out the option of ur man being passed the ball...n if u lose the ball u chase.

if u r defending, all the more u hv to take ur free man. u need to watch him n tail him. there is no passing or dicking around when u hv the ball. if u cant get the ball..u force ur man to the sides n the corner. if u hv the ball..u clear. u dun try n dribble or pass ur way out. UNLESS the chances r 100%....which is never. last resort hit it out of goal line.

1. stop thinking i hv to beat my man n run to the wing n cross. this is a small court. every single ball funnels into that goal. so keep pushing them to the sides. u do not hv the space to run down the flanks like on a big field n whip in delicious crosses....

2. its a team game. basic. stop the ball. look up. pass. these shud b ur aim. dribbling 10 men shooting for the corner of the goal...comes much much later.

3. u lose the ball u chase the ball..u get in front of the opponent...not half fk efforts tailing behind. all u have to do is put ur body between the ball and the goal.

4. if the opponents goalie hv the ball, YES, even after u score. u dun fking walk back staring at the floor. u look at the ball 100% thruout 2 hours. save ur self depreciation, congrats chatter till after the match. u hv ur duty to defend when u dun hv the ball.

5. if the ball bounces...u head it. u get to it first. never ever let the ball bounce.

6. ur team fights for u. u fight for ur team.

i may sound serious....but football IS serious....we may be playing friendlies to keep it...but no point in playing to lose. everyone makes mistales...sometimes we fail to control or trap a ball..sometimes we mis kick. but we must never forget the basics. its a team game. if u r not carrying ur weight...it means others hv to do ur job. n thats no longer fun for the rest....

totoseow said:
if u cannot attack, play midfield. if u r not fit to play mid pls defend. if u cant defend, play in goal.

if u r attacking....u harrass. u chase....n for gods sake play on the side where ur legs work. if u cant kicking with that fking left leg...stop going to the left hoping to cut in n whack with ur right. if u r attacking, it doesnt mean u dun hv defensive duties.

if u r playing in the middle u mark ur fking man when the front guy is doing the harrassing...so that everyone is tightly marked. so that the front guy is not chasing to a waste. n yes u still hv to defend. standing 2m away from ur player is not marking. u r trying to take out the option of ur man being passed the ball...n if u lose the ball u chase.

if u r defending, all the more u hv to take ur free man. u need to watch him n tail him. there is no passing or dicking around when u hv the ball. if u cant get the ball..u force ur man to the sides n the corner. if u hv the ball..u clear. u dun try n dribble or pass ur way out. UNLESS the chances r 100%....which is never. last resort hit it out of goal line.

I think understanding oneself in terms of strengths and weaknesses is the first key.

totoseow said:
1. stop thinking i hv to beat my man n run to the wing n cross. this is a small court. every single ball funnels into that goal. so keep pushing them to the sides. u do not hv the space to run down the flanks like on a big field n whip in delicious crosses....

As a defender, I love to mark opponent players who wanna play like a winger. A good percentage of the time, he is gonna lose the ball. The byline-out-rule works against the "winger." Logic.

totoseow said:
2. its a team game. basic. stop the ball. look up. pass. these shud b ur aim. dribbling 10 men shooting for the corner of the goal...comes much much later.

5-a-side futsal is about fast, short passing. 7-a-side or 8-a-side soccer has slightly more space, but passing counts as much. Especially the short passes. The long passes, leave it to those players who can thread it. Not everyone can spray long passes.

But first, do NOT lose possession. You keep losing possession, you become a liability.

kenntona;988439 said:
I think understanding oneself in terms of strengths and weaknesses is the first key.

As a defender, I love to mark opponent players who wanna play like a winger. A good percentage of the time, he is gonna lose the ball. The byline-out-rule works against the "winger." Logic.

5-a-side futsal is about fast, short passing. 7-a-side or 8-a-side soccer has slightly more space, but passing counts as much. Especially the short passes. The long passes, leave it to those players who can thread it. Not everyone can spray long passes.

But first, do NOT lose possession. You keep losing possession, you become a liability.

im sick of picking up others slack. people who wanna run at defenders n beat 10 men b4 shooting for goal. liability players as u said. lose ball dont chase...play with their heads looking on the ground.

i wanna say this again....i know its frinedlies...but pls pls understand its a team game. when i started playing futbal...properly.
my st gabriel's coach n my cjc coach says the same things.....

1. the field/court has 3 thirds....only the player in the last third can even think about dribbling....
2. stop the ball n look up.
3. look at the ball 100% in the game.
4. the players without the ball r more dangerous than the players with the ball.

Then again, I am neither a professional or a good player. Only in the position to comment as part of a team.

toto, I vote u to be successor for SAF!

hum@n;988453 said:
toto, I vote u to be successor for SAF!

no thanks. kenn is better at hairdrying

totoseow said:
no thanks. kenn is better at hairdrying

I don't have to bark at my regular 11-a-side team. No hairdryer treatment. Ask human and essence33.

..........sorry toto n kenn, I will try not to upset you by

not scoring too many goals against you all!
wahaha!

mono;988571 said:

wahaha!

mother CB. but i love u most. go get me my ear plugs...n my spritzer.

mono said:

wahaha!

You steal-chicken king !!! Asking Matt to mark you !!!

Carcinogenic;988583 said:

Hey, I have finally bought a car "with Bonnet, Boot, Wheels & Brakes." You can change your signature now.

Ya man... about time too...

Please remove that hairdryer, its hot.

Dun perm how to kiew?

Vincent - where you buy that pink/black strip underwear? Quite fashion leh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohudoithuong2

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back