G30 owners please fall in!

Thanks Silly5!

Anyone chose ivory seats ? Am wondering if I’m gonna suffer from maintaining it !

Most importantly ! Any places that are recommend for cosmetic stuff ? Like if I wanna put a cf boot lip , black cover for my side mirrors etc etc .

Sorry this is my first bimmer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my experience with handling so many cars daily, Ivory seats going to be hard to upkeep and sometimes it's not the owner/driver but rather the passenger. lol and not forgetting jeans too will stain the seats.

From my experience with handling so many cars daily, Ivory seats going to be hard to upkeep and sometimes it's not the owner/driver but rather the passenger. lol and not forgetting jeans too will stain the seats.
That’s why I get the black seat after getting the lesson from previous ride.

That’s why I get the black seat after getting the lesson from previous ride.
As for last ride, but it wasn't that bad , it was exceptable. Also if you do regular cleaning. But I did change for this ride to black..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

As for last ride, but it wasn't that bad , it was exceptable. Also if you do regular cleaning. But I did change for this ride to black..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Smart move to get black else you will end up cleaning at least twice a week again. haha even my guys also gave up cleaning for me.

Thanks Silly5!

Anyone chose ivory seats ? Am wondering if I’m gonna suffer from maintaining it !

Most importantly ! Any places that are recommend for cosmetic stuff ? Like if I wanna put a cf boot lip , black cover for my side mirrors etc etc .

Sorry this is my first bimmer !

As a matter of fact, @hohlim 540 is also Ivory. You should also talk to him he is currently busy starting to mod is ride[emoji4]....

I wipe with damp cloth every week and sonax it bi weekly. So far so good.
Nappa leather is easier to maintain than darkota in my opinion.

Looks like I’ll be in deep shit !!!!

Just enjoy la. When leather has too much stain, then change leather. Gives u the new car smell somemore!

I got the nougat leather colour but just don’t pay too much attention to it!

The leather cleaning foam from PML is quite effective. I used them. My interior is biege

Its been quite a hectic week, since i collected my car,been juggling work and car,did some coding and nano coat the car.
Firstly,mine is a PI car and its my wifes daily drive,we/she used to drive an N54. My daily is a Q7

@twtan @Tash @Silly 5 @TezzaRed My intial impressions on the car

Driver Assistant systems
My ride comes with Driver assistant plus.

1st off Lane keeping & Traffic jam assistant,working together with ACC with stop & go or in layman terms, semi autonomous driving. When activated, it shd seem to the motorist behind that the driver is not paying attention as the vehicle steers to either side of the lane and then to the opposite side again. You can keep your hands off the steering for only for ard 30s before the system deactivates. The warning to keep yr hands on comes on after ard 5s. The ACC with stop & go works well and increases and decreases speed when needed too. Did not try this below 10kmh...yet
as im fearful.

2nd - Lane deparature Warning,this informs the driver when the vehicle steers across a lane without signalling,in reality,its annoying for people who do not "occasionally" signal as it steers the vehicle back into the lane when u actually want to go to the next lane.

3rd theres warning and light braking when i drive past some junctions. Its just sometimes weird to hear beeps becoz of this

4th parking assistant plus,hahaha...i dunno how to use!

The drive
I hope i don't get bashed for my comments on this....the 540i with or without xdrive,adpative drive is NOT A SPORTY CAR but just comparing my E93 335 with V3 coilovers, it feels soft..I guess it feels pretty much the same as a luxury or SE car without M sport suspension. I have not taken it past 4k rpm and do not intend to until my first oil change i have planned at 2k kms but you would not gear any growl/whine/roar like the N54,the exhaust is also not for people who enjoy a "spirited drive" it does not allow you feel u are going fast,hmmm....like having s×× without the gal making a sound? It accelerates effortlessly and without any get outta my way sound but thats up to 4k rpm only. I don't believe there would be a difference when i floor it.
Adaptive drive comes with adaptive dampers and adpative ARBs, in sport and adaptive, my "mind" tells me is more stable BUT i don't track and don't drive like i need to lao sai so maybe im just lying to myself but it feels better on than off. The steering at car park speeds feels light and very different to the E93.

Interior
I have piano black trims with ivory dakota leather,im not "babying" the leather,i had red leather on my E93 and its became quite stained through the 8+ years of ownership but its my dirt so im not so worried. Will be having the same attitude for this ride. Suggest to go ahead and enjoy the process.The black and white combo is lovely!. Did not have problems with the back of the aircon cracking sound yet. Did not have F10 so cannot say if its more powerful but its less powerful than my E93's AC. Seats are sport seats.Feels nicer than my Q7 and hugs me comfortably.im satisfied but in retrospect,the ventilation and massage seats may have been a nice option,may have spec it if i had a 2nd chance?

So whats done and whats next?
The cars been coded to remember the previous start stop,VIM,convert MPH(digital speedo) to kph.
Some other coding i would like to have is remove seatbelt warning,have the 4 doors open when the boot opens(my passengers have to wait for me when i kick open the trunk and open the doors the old fashion way with the key fob),remember the aircon "recirculate" function and lastly,it would excellent if the water temp could be changed to oil temp instead!

i'll be dropping the car with ACS springs. Damper life maybe compromised and trekkies may say it may be dangerous but im going ahead as its too high.i can insert 4 fingers at the rear!(ive got 19" tires with 275/35/19 at the moment) ECS tuning is charging ard 460 usd for springs to SGP,delivery included coz of black friday sales.Also intend to get luggage mat and the front 2 seats holders to hang groceries behind. It will be used at the place where the rear seat entertainment is suppose to be.

Also gonna change to 20" monoblock forged wheels,hope no squeaking? 245/35/20,9J with ET 27 for the front and 285/30/20,10J with ET 37 for the rear maybe 1 year from now

I may not reponse to insults/criticism but will learn from it so feel free to speak your mind on my post.Thanks for reading!99 folks!

Last edited:
Its been quite a hectic week, since i collected my car,been juggling work and car,did some coding and nano coat the car.
Firstly,mine is a PI car and its my wifes daily drive,we/she used to drive an N54. My daily is a Q7

@twtan @Tash @Silly 5 @TezzaRed My intial impressions on the car

Driver Assistant systems
My ride comes with Driver assistant plus.

1st off Lane keeping & Traffic jam assistant,working together with ACC with stop & go or in layman terms, semi autonomous driving. When activated, it shd seem to the motorist behind that the driver is not paying attention as the vehicle steers to either side of the lane and then to the opposite side again. You can keep your hands off the steering for only for ard 30s before the system deactivates. The warning to keep yr hands on comes on after ard 5s. The ACC with stop & go works well and increases and decreases speed when needed too. Did not try this below 10kmh...yet
as im fearful.

2nd - Lane deparature Warning,this informs the driver when the vehicle steers across a lane without signalling,in reality,its annoying for people who do not "occasionally" signal as it steers the vehicle back into the lane when u actually want to go to the next lane.

3rd theres warning and light braking when i drive past some junctions. Its just sometimes weird to hear beeps becoz of this

4th parking assistant plus,hahaha...i dunno how to use!

The drive
I hope i don't get bashed for my comments on this....the 540i with or without xdrive,adpative drive is NOT A SPORTY CAR but just comparing my E93 335 with V3 coilovers, it feels soft..I guess it feels pretty much the same as a luxury or SE car without M sport suspension. I have not taken it past 4k rpm and do not intend to until my first oil change i have planned at 2k kms but you would not gear any growl/whine/roar like the N54,the exhaust is also not for people who enjoy a "spirited drive" it does not allow you feel u are going fast,hmmm....like having s×× without the gal making a sound? It accelerates effortlessly and without any get outta my way sound but thats up to 4k rpm only. I don't believe there would be a difference when i floor it.
Adaptive drive comes with adaptive dampers and adpative ARBs, in sport and adaptive, my "mind" tells me is more stable BUT i don't track and don't drive like i need to lao sai so maybe im just lying to myself but it feels better on than off. The steering at car park speeds feels light and very different to the E93.

Interior
I have piano black trims with ivory dakota leather,im not "babying" the leather,i had red leather on my E93 and its became quite stained through the 8+ years of ownership but its my dirt so im not so worried. Will be having the same attitude for this ride. Suggest to go ahead and enjoy the process.The black and white combo is lovely!. Did not have problems with the back of the aircon cracking sound yet. Did not have F10 so cannot say if its more powerful but its less powerful than my E93's AC. Seats are sport seats.Feels nicer than my Q7 and hugs me comfortably.im satisfied but in retrospect,the ventilation and massage seats may have been a nice option,may have spec it if i had a 2nd chance?

So whats done and whats next?
The cars been coded to remember the previous start stop,VIM,convert MPH(digital speedo) to kph.
Some other coding i would like to have is remove seatbelt warning,have the 4 doors open when the boot opens(my passengers have to wait for me when i kick open the trunk and open the doors the old fashion way with the key fob),remember the aircon "recirculate" function and lastly,it would excellent if the water temp could be changed to oil temp instead!

i'll be dropping the car with ACS springs. Damper life maybe compromised and trekkies may say it may be dangerous but im going ahead as its too high.i can insert 4 fingers at the rear!(ive got 19" tires with 275/35/19 at the moment) ECS tuning is charging ard 460 usd for springs to SGP,delivery included coz of black friday sales.Also intend to get luggage mat and the front 2 seats holders to hang groceries behind. It will be used at the place where the rear seat entertainment is suppose to be.

Also gonna change to 20" monoblock forged wheels,hope no squeaking? 245/35/20,9J with ET 27 for the front and 285/30/20,10J with ET 37 for the rear maybe 1 year from now

I may not reponse to insults/criticism but will learn from it so feel free to speak your mind on my post.Thanks for reading!99 folks!

As usual, very well illustrated! Looking forward to meet again when your ride is done. Are you going to install a spoiler?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbenoitbenoit
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back